Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: LeBron says his race was a factor in "The Decision"

Default Re: LeBron says his race was a factor in "The Decision"

Quote Originally Posted by JM720
    Are sure about that? This is her mother :

You learn something new each day.

Im venting, but Soledad tries too hard to walk in everyones shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    mother fcuking LOSERS....I Guess RACE was not a FACTOR when OBAMA became the 1st BLACK PRESIDENT of USA....

LOSERS...they always bring the race factor when they fcuk it up
    Because when they **** up, people make sure to point out their race.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    The "black community" is overrated in terms of us all sharing a singular opinion, contrary to what much of the media may like to tell you. I don't, nor do I know anyone who does actually have a problem with her. It just seems strange how CNN always pushes her as the headliner for those reports. Like you said, every time I see one I'm more confused like "Soledad again?!"
    Thats the thing that bothers me the most. People continue to point out racial groups(NAACP & CBC) even today of being the "leaders" of the black community. What people dont realize is these groups were created during discrimination as the only outlet for African Americans to use to bring attention to social issues, along with the church. The same thing doesn't apply today due to the attempts to mainstream African Americans into the previously "white" society they were barred from entering. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who still think the NAACP & CBC are the outlet to get the opinion from the "black community".

The concept and belief of the "black community" as being a seperate entity comprised only of African Americans is a sign that we still haven't been mainstreamed into society as a whole. Actually thats the root of all problems facing African Americans.

Soledad enjoys stirring this pot, and considering CNN is a respected news outlet, it misguides the message she is really trying to get across and she doesn't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    I don't have a problem with her, either. I don't know her and don't follow CNN at all really. I know of her, but not enough to really make a decision like that. I'm just saying...if she is doing what Rowe is doing, I don't know how you could respect that. Speaking generally, Black people don't like those in corporate positions playing the role so to speak. It can easily be seen as embarassing and fraudelent.

FWIW I agree that the black community is overrated in terms of all of us sharing a singluar opinion. However, some of the generalizations are true and have merit.
    Bingo.

Way too many respected outlets continue to put an individual African American on a pedestal to speak on this mythical black community, without pointing out its that individual's specific opinion.

If Glen Beck started to discuss things as being the white communities perspective, millions would come out and immediately say that Beck's viewpoints dont reflect their own.

DEATH TO COMMIES!!! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Watching LeBron speak on TV and while being heralded as quite possibly the "best ever", you begin to appreciate Michael Jordan that much more. Even around the same age, Jordan was able to carry himself, and speak so much better than LeBron.

DEATH TO COMMIES!!! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Oh and Soledad's mother is Cuban of Afro ancestry as you can plainly see. Her father is Australian.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    No, because what she actually does is use race as a way to keep stirring the pot as a way to bring attention to her topics while she sits back and acts as if racism/discrimination applies to her.

To make it more simple:

Nothing wrong with trying to relate to other people different from yourself, but dont tell me you've ever walked in the same shoes as me.
    I doubt a white-skin "black" person like her faced that much discrimination. yeah, white-skin black person, not even light-skin.

I'm twice darker than she is and I have ZERO African blood in me.

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Dude quit and jump-shipped like a b*tch-ass frontrunner even though he had GOAT potential.

What's so hard to understand???
    Im a bit confused here.... arent you a Heat fan? See you have Wade on your avatar aswell? A Heat fan and a Wade fan that hates Lebron?

Anyway, gona still clear your illiterate and delusionally incorrect statements up there:

1. Lebron did not quit... Stop sounding like Dan Gilbert... the only one who quit is is his teammates, he put up some of the best performances in NBA history to get that team to its success.

2. Lebron did not "jump-ship", he was a free-agent... get it? He had no "ship", he was free.... nobody owned him.

3. No he never had GOAT potential with the Cavs, he would be ringless afterall, that franchise never was great at this kindof championship business....

4. The only thing Lebron did today was to put himself in a position which Jordan was, which Magic was, which Bird was and which Kobe Bryant is today...... what is that position? The position of REQUIRED HELP TO GET A CHAMPIONSHIP!

5. You as a Wade fan, Heat fan are a DISGRACE to the Wade & Heat considering Wade is Lebrons brother literally and Heat is the team Lebron plays on........

You should be thankfull for Lebron joining your team, he will bring your team Multiple championships....... and he will bring your favorite player Wade to having a better career.....

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?
    Last edited by evilmonkey; 09-30-2010 at 05:50 AM.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkey
    Im a bit confused here.... arent you a Heat fan? See you have Wade on your avatar aswell? A Heat fan and a Wade fan that hates Lebron?
    He used to be a LeBron/Cavs fan, now he just hates on LeBron for quitting.

Give it a rest Lebron.

I'm black and I hate when people try to play the race game in these situations.

This is one of those statements that Bron should have kept to himself. Whether he believes it or not you don't take this to the media because no matter how you sugarcoat it - the general public won't support you for it. I really don't think anything Bron said in the interview was necessarily that bad and I agree that race may have played a factor in the amount of backlash he received; but this society is too racially sensitive for an athlete to benefit from these comments.

If LeBron is hoping to get the public back behind him this is not the way to do it. There are a lot of people who are uncomfortable about race and would rather believe that we as a society have moved to a point where racism doesn't exist and that the claimant is the bad guy for "playing the race-card." Shame on Maverick Carter for not knowing this - as a person who wants to be an agent I can't believe that instead of instructing Bron away from this kind of statement, that his business manager is right there with him throwing more gas onto the fire.

Edit: Changed the words around a little to make my thoughts more clear.
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 09-30-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Very good NBA starter

i am not a miami fan and never cared about them. but am i the only one who doesn't care how lebron handled this whole thing? i can understand cleveland fans fuming but why are other cities that never had a chance to get lebron still b!tching? the dude made a personal and business decision. why do you feel so affected? it aint even none of your business.

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

As for what Lebron just said goes............ WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAAARRRREEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?????????????? ????

Sorry but this is just so annoying, anything he does and says is big news that we must always discuss in ISH?

Im a huge Lebron fan as you can see, but really.... **** him from your thoughts for a day.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Dude quit and jump-shipped like a b*tch-ass frontrunner even though he had GOAT potential.

What's so hard to understand???

Remember when he said this during the past season? "My goal is to win a championship for the city of Cleveland. And I'm not going to stop till I get it." - Lebron James

Also told ESPN magazine this in 2006.

Then he posted this on his website after going to Miami.

College superstar

[QUOTE]In an interview on NBA TV, LeBron James indicated that he