Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bulls and Noah agree to 5 year, 60 million deal

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Fair deal for both sides. Maybe slightly overpaid... but not even as bad as some of the contracts in the NBA.

At least with Noah, you know he's going to bring 110% every night.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    I agree with the Bulls fans in here. Compared to what other C's are getting paid and what Noah provides, this was a good deal for them. I suppose all you guys complaining are ok with players like Brendan Haywood, Andrew Bynum, Emeka Okafor, David Lee, getting paid in the $10-15 million range, but not Noah? Noah's better than all those guys. Especially with Boozer's latest injury, they're gonna need him big time. To the idiots who are crapping on the Bulls for not trading him for Melo, this is why they need Noah. Say they did trade him and Deng or whoever for Melo. Boozer goes down with this injury, and the Bulls are left with Taj Gibson, Omer Asik, and Kurt Thomas as the bigs. Not very reassuring. It's NOT about Melo, it's about what's more important to Chicago, and with an injury prone guy like Booze aboard, Noah's going to be extremely important.
    I wonder... they paid Bynum (which I thought was a bad move) because of his potential. I think when Bynum is on the floor, he's a big presence for the Lakers.

Haywood is good, too, but he needed to get acclimated to the Dallas system. He'll be fine. (BTW it says Haywood is making about 7mil...)

David Lee got overpaid because he signed with another team, but he's still not making 12 mil.

Who else... Okafor... he is in a bad situation now. I think he's a solid player, too. Could be a force on the right team. But he is overpaid.

Keep in mind, these guys didn't get paid this year... Lee did, but no one else. There is going to be a restructuring of the salary cap for sure, they say, and maybe 3 years down the road we'll be saying OMG Noah is making 10+ mil?

It's not really a good idea to come out and say "Look at what other teams overpaid their big men, that means this is a good contract."

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by EroticVanilla
    It's over-paying, but all big men get over-payed so it's about right in line for what you'd expect, better then that 70 mil bullshit Noah was trying to get at least.

Personally I think he's only worth like 8 mil a year based on how good he is, but whatever.
    If all big men get that kind of money, and it's right where you expect it to be then it really isn't over paying.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

This makes Bynum look cheap. $15mil for a guy bigger than Noah and put up better stats. If only he can stay injury free...

Now you'll have to wonder what Brook and Marc Gasol is gonna get. Brook looks to get the max for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    He must be giving half of metro chicago handjobs for free because I am not seeing anything that he does that is worth 12 million a year.
    10 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.6 blocks per game in 30 mins.

Here's a list of the players that gave you 10-10-2-1 or better last year:

Wallace
    Pau
    Duncan
    Noah

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    While the team learned that free agent power forward Carlos Boozer would be lost with a fractured right hand, league sources confirmed the Bulls have come to an agreement with Joakim Noah on a contract extension.

Sources said the deal is for five years and is worth about $60 million. It would go into effect after this season.

An announcement is expected this week.

Noah would be just the second player from the rookie Class of 2007 along with Kevin Durant to agree to an extension.

http://blogs.bulls.com/2010/10/bulls...h-sources-say/

This extension is probably what Al Horford will get with the Hawks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    10 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.6 blocks per game in 30 mins.

Here's a list of the players that gave you 10-10-2-1 or better last year:

Wallace
    Pau
    Duncan
    Noah
    What about D Howard?

This has to be one of the worst signings this year.

12 million dollars a year for a player who is a hustle player and a rebounder and defender? 12 million dollar is Carlos Boozer money, Zach Randolph money, Joe Johnson money, Rudy Gay money. Joakim frigging Noah? No more then 8 million a year. Sorry Bulls fans. Overpriced, unless he becomes an offensive threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    This has to be one of the worst signings this year.

12 million dollars a year for a player who is a hustle player and a rebounder and defender? 12 million dollar is Carlos Boozer money, Zach Randolph money, Joe Johnson money, Rudy Gay money. Joakim frigging Noah? No more then 8 million a year. Sorry Bulls fans. Overpriced, unless he becomes an offensive threat.

No need to feel sorry for us feel sorry for yourself.

I am, as are most Bull's fans, okay with the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    What about D Howard?
    1.8 assists, should be on the list though.

You cant compare it with JJ's horrendous contract but I really dont think hes worth that much.. Although Varejao is probably on the same money so its prob about right...

I still dont get the hype though, should have traded his and dengs asses for melo

Hope those hustle guys get you out of the first round... Doubt it though

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    You cant compare it with JJ's horrendous contract but I really dont think hes worth that much.. Although Varejao is probably on the same money so its prob about right...

I still dont get the hype though, should have traded his and dengs asses for melo

Hope those hustle guys get you out of the first round... Doubt it though
    Of course they won't.

But Rose and some great team defense might.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Let's see how the new CBA turns out before talking like this.
    Huh, wonder why the Bulls aren't thinking about the new CBA before extending a guy that would be a restricted free agent next year?

There's absolutely no way you can look at this as a good deal. Worst case scenario is the new CBA stays exactly the same, no lockout. Next summer Noah becomes a restricted free agent.

Who's going to have cap space to offer Noah a contract next summer? New Jersey? Pretty sure they're set at C. New York? Sure, but I'd imagine they'd have their sights set higher.

I'm fine with teams "overpaying" for their guys if they have to. The Bulls didn't have to. You only really need to overpay if:

1) The player is an unrestricted free agent
    2) You play for a small market team
    3) Multiple other teams can and will offer your player a big contract

1 and 2 don't apply. I don't think (but I'm not sure) that many teams will have significant cap space next summer. #3 applies to someone like Durant. Any team with space would offer him a contract, so you need to wrap him up. I'd be shocked if any of those teams offered Noah a contract above what he just signed. What's the harm in letting Noah actually SET his market value?

As it was, the Bulls bid against themselves and wound up overpaying. We're going to be talking about this huge contract from Noah a few years down the road after the new CBA kicks in since the Bulls could have avoided this, Guarensheed.

Caution: Adult Content

Do the Bulls EVER learn from their mistakes? This is Dengs contract all over again. Could be worse though, Gordon could've signed that kind of extension and we really would have been screwed.

One decent yr so far, and it was even plauged with foot problems. This is a horrible signing and will haunt us for years to come. How long can a guy his size stay a high energy guy? No wonder we cant sign a real superstar, our FO is the biggest joke in the NBA. Who wants to play for a team that keeps over paying second teir talent and cant pay the stars?

Banned

good deal for him