Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hassan Whiteside Adds 30lbs of Muscle

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Hassan Whiteside Adds 30lbs of Muscle

I like what the Kings have upfront. Whiteside\Cousins has some nice potential. I'm guessing Whiteside won't see a ton of minutes right away tho looks pretty raw. 30lbs of muscle can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I like what the Kings have upfront. Whiteside\Cousins has some nice potential. I'm guessing Whiteside won't see a ton of minutes right away tho looks pretty raw. 30lbs of muscle can't hurt.
    Probably not. I think they should send him to Reno to develop and get playing time.

Every year these threads pop up. It's such a lie. They said Aldridge added 20 pounds of muscle. When really 1-2 pounds is muscle 18 fat. He's even saying how much weight he is dropping in camp. That's because you don't burn muscle, you burn fat.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Probably not. I think they should send him to Reno to develop and get playing time.
    Probably. He has some potential as a shotblocker\rebounder. Great length and he's athletic for a 7 footer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Very simple. No they dont.

There aren't plenty of people who are 6'11, have a 7'7 wingspan, and have a max vert of 31'.
    lol just because you are 6'11, have a 7'7 wingspan, and have an amazing vert of 31" doesn't mean that you will be able to put on 30 pounds of muscle in 4 months. I don't think you understand the fact that it's almost impossible to do something like that. Being tall and long doesn't necessary improve your chances.

RoseCity07 hit it on the head. These claims are complete BS.

You mean he gained weight? Ok. Damn sure didnt add 30lbs of muscle without juicing.

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    Only people who have no idea about the matter. 30lbs of muscle gain is not possible in a few months for a professional athlete w/o doing roids. Maybe 10 of those 30lbs are lean muscle mass, at best, if the guy hadn't had a beefy frame. Rest would be mostly water and a bit fat tissue. But I guess that the numbers are made up, anyway. A higher number strikes the audience, it's just a media thing, I guess.
    So if it's possible without steroids, how much do you think he could have gained with steroids?

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    100% impossible to add that much muscle mass in that time frame. It'd take you 1-2 years to do that without steroids.

God, sooo ridiculous how many people say that. Couldn't be more wrong. There is no set timetable for how fast someone can add X pounds of muscle. It all depends mostly on muscle fiber type, and on how many muscle cells a person has in their body to begin with, which varies IMMENSELY. Think about it: if you have twice as many muscle cells as someone else, when those cells grow, you will get twice the growth rate. And my guess is, seven foot Hassan Whiteside has a hell of a lot more muscle cells than whoever wrote the post above. It's totally possible without steroids.

Nice. Ed Davis needs to call him up.

Banned

very nice, kids got potential

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    God, sooo ridiculous how many people say that. Couldn't be more wrong. There is no set timetable for how fast someone can add X pounds of muscle. It all depends mostly on muscle fiber type, and on how many muscle cells a person has in their body to begin with, which varies IMMENSELY. Think about it: if you have twice as many muscle cells as someone else, when those cells grow, you will get twice the growth rate. And my guess is, seven foot Hassan Whiteside has a hell of a lot more muscle cells than whoever wrote the post above. It's totally possible without steroids.
    He gained 30lbs. Thats possible. But 30lbs of muscle in that given time frame is not possible. If you can prove its possible by all means educate and enlighten us here.

I remember when nikoloz tskitishvili gained 30lbs, didn't help him all that much, shoulda spent the time honing his skills instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bk33
    I remember when nikoloz tskitishvili gained 30lbs, didn't help him all that much, shoulda spent the time honing his skills instead.
    It was a must for Hassan Whiteside given the position he plays. Since he'll be rebounding and playing defense (his strength). He needs to add to that lanky frame of his or else he'd get owned. The same on the offensive end trying to get position and what not. Wasnt Skita more of a Forward who was perimeter oriented anyway? Hassan will still have to develop his skills no doubt. But the added weight will help him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He gained 30lbs. Thats possible. But 30lbs of muscle in that given time frame is not possible. If you can prove its possible by all means educate and enlighten us here.
    Here is a hypothetical situation:

Person A: 5 foot 6, 130 lbs
    Person B: Shaq: 7 foot 1, 330 lbs

Assuming both have the average of 40% of their body weight being skeletal muscle, (which is inaccurate, Shaq would be higher than 40% muscle) this would mean that Person A has 52 lbs of muscle. Person B has 132 lbs of muscle (or more, to be truthful). Assuming that 3 months of training would increase cellular volume by 20% for each athlete, which is realistic, person A would then be adding 10.4 lbs over 3 months. Sounds possible right? Well, person B would be adding 26.2 lbs of muscle, which would be proportional for his body size. So in the simplest terms possible, without factoring in differences in hormonal responses to stimuli, differences in starting muscle mass relative to overall body mass, differences in growth rates of fiber types, it is very obvious that a giant will add more total muscle mass than a normal person as a result of training.

But on a side note, it looks like Sacto is putting together a pretty beast ass squad! Maybe they will be a successful version 2.0 of Curry and Chandler's Bulls.