Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2k11: Jordan Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    yea you can it I remember just pausing the game during game 2 of the finals like **** this there has to be adjustments (worthy had like 24 13-17) cuz that fu*cker was not missing it helped slightly plus Ive gotten better at defending on ball myself.

in the coach settings?
    where?

Talk about cutting it close. Just did "The Arrival" and had to hit a fadeaway jumper at the buzzer to get the 63+ points. I had the game in hand (won 102-88) but couldn't get thel ast shot to fall to get to 63+ points.

Finished with...64 pts, 10 reb, 8 asts, 2 stl, 32/49 FG

Here's something that wouldn't ever happen in real life. I take the ball to the hole all game long and shoot a total of zero free throws. How many times in his career did Jordan go to the free throw line zero times in a game?

Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

Just did the Bad Boy challenge. Jordan seems overpowered to me, but that's cool. For some reason James Edwards lit me up. He had like 30 and 10.

It's fun to play with Jordan and Not "Bulls 23" or some such thing.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Just did the Bad Boy challenge. Jordan seems overpowered to me, but that's cool. For some reason James Edwards lit me up. He had like 30 and 10.
    Same. Completing the challenge was really easy but Edwards ripped me a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Same. Completing the challenge was really easy but Edwards ripped me a new one.
    +2

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    In my case, and many others, we're sticking on the default setting (pro). I'm usually an "All-Star" guy, and I plan on working my way back through the challenges on that level, but it's too fun dominating with MJ right now.

Also, for those struggling with completing even the easiest of passes, may I suggest practicing and mastering Icon Passing. I think this is R1 on the PS3, RB on the 360. The great thing about the icon passing is the ability to lead a player to an area of the floor. This way, he'll be on the move to an open area and not stationary. You can essentiallly make your teammates come to the ball (like they're supposed to) by holding the direction pad toward whatever direction you want before you pass to them via icon.
    Nice, I didn't know that about the d-pad thing with passing. That's going to make it a lot less irritating to pass now. I usually only get 2-5 TOs per game now, but with pass leading my offense should run more smoothly. ^_^ Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    stoping the human highlight reel from getting 25 points ? just double team his ass nonestop and make sure you keep the lead.

Note : he still had 24 points ...
    Yeah, I did the same thing. He had 22 by the end but was chucking 3s near the end of the game trying to make me fail.

The Shrug challenge is gonna be much harder though.

I've got 5 done. The first 4 and the double nickel.

I still got...
    91' Finals
    The Shrug
    2 that need rebounds and the last one where you need 4 steals (bottom 3)

I feel like the 5 toughest ones are the ones I still have left..

I can't wait

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Nice, I didn't know that about the d-pad thing with passing. That's going to make it a lot less irritating to pass now. I usually only get 2-5 TOs per game now, but with pass leading my offense should run more smoothly. ^_^ Thanks!
    Shoot, I said direction pad but what I meant was "left analog". When you call up a pass icon (by pressing R1 or RB), you then use the left analog stick to get the corresponding player to move in the direction you want them to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    I have been using the icons to pass like 65% of the time. But I do not know how to get the dudes to go where I want yet. The direction pad?? What if you want player x to cut left but he's not and it's player LT that's cutting for example. Tell me a little more about it . ...
    Once again, I apologize. I don't know why I said direction pad. I was referring to the left analog stick. Essentially, if my shooting guard is spotting up in the corner (standing still), but I want him to come to my pass (toward half court), I'd:

1) Press R1 to bring up the pass icons
    2) Notice my shooting guard had the "B" or "Circle" icon above his head
    3) Just prior to passing to my SG, or as I pass to my SG, I'd press the left analog stick toward my desired direction (in this case toward half court)
    4) The shooting guard should then move toward the location given by the left analog stick as he receives the ball

The practice mode in 2K11 is a good spot to get all this stuff figured out.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 10-12-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Trying to hold Drexler under 20 has been the only real challenge i've had.

Shoot, I said direction pad but what I meant was "left analog". When you call up a pass icon (by pressing R1 or RB), you then use the left analog stick to get the corresponding player to move in the direction you want them to go.

Once again, I apologize. I don't know why I said direction pad. I was referring to the left analog stick. Essentially, if my shooting guard is spotting up in the corner (standing still), but I want him to come to my pass (toward half court), I'd:

3) Just prior to passing to my SG, or as I pass to my SG, I'd press the left analog stick toward my desired direction (in this case toward half court)
    4) The shooting guard should then move toward the location given by the left analog stick as he receives the ball

Thanks fella. step by step. . . I like that.
    I'll be looking into getting this down and getting down on this

you're repped guy

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Oh I figured you meant analog stick, no biggie man. :P

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

man, elow is a bad ass defender. big enough to desturb my fadeaway und fast anough to stop me from driving. every time he defended me i was struggeling. luckily they put price on jordan for a few stretches so i poured fadeaways over him. got the 69 point challenge done after 6 or 7 trys on superstar. was really close and i was like fistpumping when i got the deciding jumper for 70 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    man, elow is a bad ass defender. big enough to desturb my fadeaway und fast anough to stop me from driving. every time he defended me i was struggeling. luckily they put price on jordan for a few stretches so i poured fadeaways over him. got the 69 point challenge done after 6 or 7 trys on superstar. was really close and i was like fistpumping when i got the deciding jumper for 70 points!
    Are you serious?

I had Jordan breaking Ehlo off something proper.

Ehlo in no way shape or form should ever hinder JOrdan from doing what he wants out there.

If Jordan had a ***** in the NBA Ehlo would have been it.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ_MVP09
    Trying to hold Drexler under 20 has been the only real challenge i've had.
    1. Get out to a big lead
    2. Play denial defense on Drexler with Jordan.
    3. Once big lead is established, double off of Kersey with Pippen...this will make Porter pass to someone else besides Drexler.
    4. Run "ice high" with Jordan for the remainder of the game and make sure you let the shot clock wind down to limit Blazer's possessions.

I hope this helps.

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Are you serious?

I had Jordan breaking Ehlo off something proper.

Ehlo in no way shape or form should ever hinder JOrdan from doing what he wants out there.

If Jordan had a ***** in the NBA Ehlo would have been it.
    Man, I made 70 points, so it can't be to hard so score against him, but it was hard to score 70 against him. I guess it's the challenge itself which makes it also hard and after the first quater the double you proper, so you got problems getting to the hole. Never said Ehlo was a great Jordan-Defender in real life, but he made it pretty hard for me in this challenge.