Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: NBA 2k11: Jordan Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    Am I the only person who can absolutely go off with BJ Armstrong ?
    yes you are,

BJ is complete bullshit when ever I play with him.

I just finished the 1991 finals series, possibly the most stressfull games I have ever played. My entire team apart from Jordan went ICE COLD! for 3 games.

Over the 3 games I had to score 65+points and get at least 10+assists just to stay within reach of the lakers.

Eventually completed the series today with averages of

50 points
    14 assists
    on 70%fg.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

dude I did all 10 challenges but there was a weird glitch and it reset my 91' Finals challenge.
    Weird huh? I completed all 10 and I was waiting for an achievement or something but when I got back to the MJ page it still said 9/10 done.
    The 91' Finals was reset like I had never even touched it. I started it back up just to see if it would somehow put me back to where I was in game 4 or something but no.
    Series score was 0 - 0. f*cking game 1 again.
    So I shut it down. This was yesterday...I was planning on getting to "creating a legend" today but I guess I'll have to wait a few days until I can re-face the Lakers to play the whole series over again.

I got over it..it's fine.
    but for a little while yesterday I was kinda bummed that it did that to me.

Anybody else experience any form of a glitch or saving problems
    at all in any part of the MJ challenges or in this game in general????

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    dude I did all 10 challenges but there was a weird glitch and it reset my 91' Finals challenge.
    Weird huh? I completed all 10 and I was waiting for an achievement or something but when I got back to the MJ page it still said 9/10 done.
    The 91' Finals was reset like I had never even touched it. I started it back up just to see if it would somehow put me back to where I was in game 4 or something but no.
    Series score was 0 - 0. f*cking game 1 again.
    So I shut it down. This was yesterday...I was planning on getting to "creating a legend" today but I guess I'll have to wait a few days until I can re-face the Lakers to play the whole series over again.

I got over it..it's fine.
    but for a little while yesterday I was kinda bummed that it did that to me.

Anybody else experience any form of a glitch or saving problems
    at all in any part of the MJ challenges or in this game in general????
    a few, players on the opposing teams can't foul out regardless of how many fouls they pick up. This annoys the living shit outta me as players like james worthy and bill laimbeer I managed to get fouled out and yet they still stay on the court and continue to burn me.

The jordan challenges that require you to rebound are a complete ****ing joke! I played MJ at either the 4 or 5 for an entire game along with steve Kerr at either the 4/5 and could still only get a maximum of 7 rebounds. It is a complete fluke if you can pick up that many rebounds and you can't individually get any particular player to focus on a particular goal. If you could ask MJ to go for rebounds only it would make the challenge easier.

overall I give the MJ challenges a 6.5/10. Great Idea but not brilliantly executed.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    a few, players on the opposing teams can't foul out regardless of how many fouls they pick up. This annoys the living shit outta me as players like james worthy and bill laimbeer I managed to get fouled out and yet they still stay on the court and continue to burn me.

The jordan challenges that require you to rebound are a complete ****ing joke! I played MJ at either the 4 or 5 for an entire game along with steve Kerr at either the 4/5 and could still only get a maximum of 7 rebounds. It is a complete fluke if you can pick up that many rebounds and you can't individually get any particular player to focus on a particular goal. If you could ask MJ to go for rebounds only it would make the challenge easier.

overall I give the MJ challenges a 6.5/10. Great Idea but not brilliantly executed.
    I know what you mean about the rebounds but I would really give it at least 8.5/10. I think they actually did a great job. Best sports game I've ever played. I'm not much of a critic and I kinda take things for what they are. I also have only been gaming for about a year or so.....

Either way I think the 2K11 (MJ) is awesome..

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

In regards to the fouling out issue, I don't think that's a glitch. Since most of the legendary rosters have so few real players

College superstar

[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]In regards to the fouling out issue, I don't think that's a glitch. Since most of the legendary rosters have so few real players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KareemCambell
    this is gonna take a hile

Finally finished!
    gonna start my career with Jordan as a rookie.
    I drafted him to the Lakers but haven't tried a game yet.

Is there a way to move Kobe to PG and have both play at the same time or no?

Feeling a little better about myself now that I discovered I wasn't even playing on easy mode in each challenge, since this is my first NBA game in over 5 years

Beat The Arrival with 71pts, 3rbs, 8asts, 3stls on 60% from the field. Looking forward to enjoying these challenges now that my beginner azz finally has a chance with them, its been pure frustration before this

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    Finally finished!
    gonna start my career with Jordan as a rookie.
    I drafted him to the Lakers but haven't tried a game yet.

Is there a way to move Kobe to PG and have both play at the same time or no?
    Sadly no. You can't move Jordan to PG to always play together either. The only thing I can suggest is to pump up your passing and hope they run you at the point more. Jordan has a rating of 80 when you draft him so it'd be silly for Phil to keep him on the bench. I drafted Jordan to the Bulls and pumped up his passing a little to start out and I get played at the point sometimes when Rose is sitting down.

I'm not sure if they'll put Jordan in at the point any for the Lakers, but it wouldn't be a bad idea right? :P

Best thing is to just draft him to a team that doesn't already have a good SG. I guess that doesn't help since you want him on the Lakers though.

Finished the first challenge (63 points, 6 dimes, 50% field goal %) vs. the Celtics. Scored 83 points, 13 assists, 6 rebounds, completed it. Gonna try the next one later today.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Sadly no. You can't move Jordan to PG to always play together either. The only thing I can suggest is to pump up your passing and hope they run you at the point more. Jordan has a rating of 80 when you draft him so it'd be silly for Phil to keep him on the bench. I drafted Jordan to the Bulls and pumped up his passing a little to start out and I get played at the point sometimes when Rose is sitting down.

I'm not sure if they'll put Jordan in at the point any for the Lakers, but it wouldn't be a bad idea right? :P

Best thing is to just draft him to a team that doesn't already have a good SG. I guess that doesn't help since you want him on the Lakers though.
    No it was NO problem.
    I love it! Automatically the starting line-up (had Bynum to my surprise)

Kobe (pg
    MJ (sg
    Artest (sf
    Pau (pf
    Bynum (c

I had a tight ally-oop from Mj to Kobe!
    They leave me in most of the time and Kobe is almost always there.
    It works exactly how I would be doing it. (the subs)

I'm actually not that good though.. because I'm 1 and 3 through the first 4 games. Really fun though...

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan

I only got one challenge done which was The Arrival, took me a couple of tries. I'll try a few more later tonight. Pretty fun.

I rip open holes

Its HARD but fun

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJordan
    Its HARD but fun
    Thats what she said.

But yeah i agree, difficult, but its also very addictive.