Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T.D.I.H. thread

Default Re: T.D.I.H. thread

4/3/1882

Jesse James is murdered.

James is shot to death by fellow gang member Bob Ford. For 16 years, Jesse & his brother, Frank, committed robberies & murders throughout the Midwest.

His tombstone reads, "Jesse W. James, Died April 3, 1882, Aged 34 years, 6 months, 28 days, Murdered by a traitor and a coward whose name is not worthy to appear here."

[COLOR="White"]........[/COLOR]

Default Re: T.D.I.H. thread

4/4/1968

Martin Luther King Jr. Assassinated

King is fatally shot while standing on the balcony outside his room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, TN. A sniper's bullet struck him in the jaw & severed his spinal cord.

A Remington .30-06 hunting rifle was found on the sidewalk beside a rooming house one block away.

King was pronounced dead after his arrival at a Memphis hospital. He was 39 years old.

As word spread, riots broke out in cities all across the U.S. The National Guard troops were deployed in Memphis & Washington, D.C.

The rifle, eyewitness reports, & fingerprints all implicated a single suspect: escaped convict James Earl Ray. Ray confessed in order to avoid the electric chair. He was sentenced to 99 years in prison.

RIP