Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    코비=GOAT

Default Re: Exposing the Fallacies of Science/Atheist-ism & Proving Intelligent Design!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Why would a perfect being make a world that is so imperfect?
    I don't know God's motives.

Banned

Default Re: Exposing the Fallacies of Science/Atheist-ism & Proving Intelligent Design!

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    They didn't create a cell though(Created mitochondria, ribosomes, ER, Rough ER, etc) They constructed a genome from scratch and inserted it into an EXISTING bacterial cell... So they created working DNA, not a cell in its entirety.

Where in the article does it assert that? Reread the article again please.
    I know that, which is why I said 'somewhat' originally. But humans being able to program self-replicating DNA sequences via a computer and implanting them into other cells is a HUGE step towards creating life/cells.

Man created in God's image does not assert man is perfect. God resides in spirit and does not have a physical body, so our physical bodies and imperfections do not reflect God. I see two meanings in the phrase "created in God's image": God is living, and we reflect that because we are living and God has free will, and we have free will and we have the ability to choose.
    So basically being made in God's image has nothing to do with our physical beings but by our being alive and having free will? So when someone uses their free will to go on a serial killing spree or to rape children, that's a reflection of God?

Looks like you might want to rethink that.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I know that, which is why I said 'somewhat' originally. But humans being able to program self-replicating DNA sequences via a computer and implanting them into other cells is a HUGE step towards creating life/cells.

So basically being made in God's image has nothing to do with our physical beings but by our being alive and having free will? So when someone uses their free will to go on a serial killing spree or to rape children, that's a reflection of God?

Looks like you might want to rethink that.
    He has free will which is a reflection of God, but a person choosing to sin or go on a killing spree or raping children is a reflection of man's evil nature. What's so hard to understand about this?

So is Jesus planning to die for our sins again anytime soon? Cause uhh you know.. I refuse to take responsibility.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    So is Jesus planning to die for our sins again anytime soon? Cause uhh you know.. I refuse to take responsibility.
    Burn in hell then.

Burn in hell then.
    Wait that's not right I thought that if I accept Jesus as my saviour then I'm saved? Are you saying the Bible is wrong?

Banned

He has free will which is a reflection of God, but a person choosing to sin or go on a killing spree or raping children is a reflection of man's evil nature. What's so hard to understand about this?
    The part where you said free will is Godly and the existence of free will within us is a reflection of that Godliness. It makes perfect sense actually when you actually read the bible and see how many genocides, pestilences, and general 'evil' God personally committed. So is it safe to say that since by our nature we are a reflection of God, and we are naturally evil... that God by nature is evil himself?

God once got a guy fired, killed his whole family aswell.....Just to see if he keeps the faith.

Also made Eve have sex with her sons...And her daughters had sex with the Brothers...To create us all....Which should be wrong right?...

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Wait that's not right I thought that if I accept Jesus as my saviour then I'm saved? Are you saying the Bible is wrong?
    Nope, that's right, but Jesus already died and resurrected.

코비=GOAT

The part where you said free will is Godly and the existence of free will within us is a reflection of that Godliness. It makes perfect sense actually when you actually read the bible and see how many genocides, pestilences, and general 'evil' God personally committed. So is it safe to say that since by our nature we are a reflection of God, and we are naturally evil... that God by nature is evil himself?
    I never said free will is Godly. I assumed you had a basic knowledge on the Biblical story on the fall of man, but I see I'm wasting my time here.

Nope, that's right, but Jesus already died and resurrected.
    Ok good, where does he live at? I need to talk to that mofo about all the priests butt f*cking children.

Dunking on everybody in the park chungerball's Avatar

If the machinery to replicate cells is not perfect, then it's bound to make mistakes. This should be obvious.
    But I thought God was perfect in every way possible? I thought he couldn't make such mistakes as let his creations become mutated?

I'm just f*cking around man, if you're religious that's cool. One problem I have with some religious people is that they force it down other peoples throat, and they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. I have met plenty of religious people who do not fall into that catagory, so personally I feel the way you live your life is your own business. As for myself, I believe man created God in their own image.

Same shit can be said about some atheists as well.
    Last edited by Hazard; 10-10-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Now that's how you copy & paste.

You can add Gliese 581g to the list. Which is why I was wondering when this article was written.

Plus the whole science not being able to create cells is somewhat outdated since a self-replicating synthetic genome was made at the Venter Institute.

So yeah... back to the future prophesy gimmick.
    Well it's obvious to me. I'm just wondering why certain people think that natural forces can't affect 'God's machinery' when we see it happening all the time. And if nature/outside forces can alter/change cell coding and force mutation... why should anyone believe that God created the machine in the first place? It's obvious that if he did program the cell, it's a flawed system (made by a flawed being?) that is CLEARLY affected by nature.

I don’t care what theory you use, theory of evolution, big bang theory, eternally oscillating universe theory, eternallypatheticatheist theory, the delusionallostkids theory, alter-elasticity theory, etc. I don’t care about supernova, quantum physics, quantum mechanics, physical pendulum, Casanova, formula E=MC2, mchammer djmix, probability, nsync-nelly dynamics, thermodynamics, virtual particle, critical density, entropy, electromagnetic force, cosmic background radiation, thermonuclear fusion, superfreak mechanics, wave mechanics, optics, etc.

You can give names to what already exist as u wish, call it “stupido mechanics” do whatever u want, fact is NOT ONE among ALL of this can demonstrate creation of ANY life form, from cell to creatures. I don’t care if u measured force, angle, sound, speed, distance, length, time, weight, mass, inertia, force & torque of earthquake, wind, lightning, light, cars, airplanes, my foot up your butt, etc. (laws of physics), Fact is your measuring tape, paper, pen,& Casio stop watch cannot demonstrate creation of ANY life form.

You can give names to elements that already exist (periodic table) & play around with it, mix it up etc. or clone humans off existing egg cells, so what. I don’t care if another scientist will come up with a new ways of mathematics other than “geometry & square root” naming it “geostupidroots” explaining m=5, b=3, u=1, d=4. D+U+M+B=13. -d=-4. 4(d=u)=?, etc.

What created the first life form? Ask yourself that question. We have an explanation, we call it God. If I make such claim, do I have proof that indeed it was God (All knowing: alpha & omega) that created the first life form? Yes I do. The proof is this. Every complex and detailed form is an effect of intelligent cause (as observed and studied), from biological to technological. Don’t say, "Well if the waves of water formed/shaped the sands differently, it doesn’t mean the waves of water have intelligence", stupid, Waves of water can move sands, but it cannot move sands to form into detailed sandcastles, maybe in trillions and trillions of years, but this is not proven, it is proven however that intelligence can make such act possible.

I’m talking about detailed complex existence. Detailed cars, spaceship, computers, etc. can be designed by human intelligence, cell cant. The complex and detailed life form’s existence (cell) requires intelligence far greater than human intelligence, as scientist in their failure have proven so. Again, as biochemists will say, to clone an existing cell is possible, to demonstrate the existence of a "cell" is impossible.

Banned

I never said free will is Godly. I assumed you had a basic knowledge on the Biblical story on the fall of man, but I see I'm wasting my time here.
    You said this "God is living, and we reflect that because we are living and God has free will, and we have free will and we have the ability to choose".

And I know the story of the fall of man, but since you brought up some new theories on the nature of man and the meaning of him being created in God's image, I'm starting to look at it from another viewpoint. What was at the core of man's fall?

You guessed it- man's free will. God forbade Adam and Eve to partake of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, right? But with a little persuasion from a talking snake, Eve made the conscious decision to disobey the lord and eat the fruit and Adam made the conscious decision to follow suit. From there, man was born with original sin and only subservience and complete obedience to the Son of God became the only way for man's soul to be redeemed.

Now, if Ephesians 1:3-5 is the truth, then God already knew long before he created Adam and Eve what they were going to do, step by step. Does this make free will an illusion? I think so, but let's suspend basic logic for a while and say it doesn't...

So God in his infinite wisdom, gifts the first two humans with free will, knowing that they will choose to disobey him and cause their own downfall. Not only that, but everything in existence was created by God, including the talking snake. Is it possible that the fall of man was an inside job perpetrated by Jehovah himself to enslave mankind's soul? I mean he could've simply not given Adam and Eve free will and they would've lived according to his rules forever as Godly beings. But he did, knowing what decision they were going to make long before they made it. He even sent his agent, his creation to persuade them to eat the fruit.

And now the only way to save yourself from an eternity of fire and brimstone is to accept his son as your lord and savior? Talk about blatant nepotism. So basically he created free will to orchestrate a monopoly on our souls. Machiavelli would be proud