Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Started a Bulls association flipped Boozer, Noah, and Scal for.....

Zbo, Marc Gasol and Xavier Henry. Swear to God this works. Try seeing what you can get for Boozer/Noah. Then Zbo/Henry pops up, then scroll through the other grizzlies trade offers and it's the last one if you include Scalabrine you get Marc

Sent out Bogans for a clippers second round pick

Traded Korver and my first for Joey Graham and the Cavs FIRST.
    and second.
    Flipped Joey Graham for a second rounder. traded my 2012 second, Clippers second, and Cavs second for the Hawks first rounder
    Then in a new deal traded CJ Watson and my second for Tony Allen and Greivis Vasquez.

Giving me

Rose-TA-Deng-Zbo-Gasol
    Vasquez-Henry-Brewer-Taj-Asik/Kurt.

I also dropped Pargo and sent Lucas to the d-league.

We're 6-2 the Nuggets destroyed me by 20.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    I'd start off by playing a few games and deciding which players suit your style, the sleeper talents on your team who may not be very high rated but could easily play a role.. Once you've done that and you have an idea of how your record will be over the next 2 seasons you can decide what you want to do. If you're gonna have a bad first season then try to hold onto your first pick for the 2011 season or if you're thinking you could contend with the current team then you could try shipping off your first pick in a package with players you don't play with well for better complimentary players for Paul.

Trade finder is your friend, you can package up to 3 players/picks and see what each team will give you in return. Seeing as you're building around CP3 you'll probably need a good big man, having a good defensive anchor is a must and i'm not sure Okafor is that, have never used him myself though.

Anyway have a play around with the team and use trade finder to see what you can get, having a look at player contracts wouldn't hurt either, never want a player to walk out on you for nothing because you don't own their bird rights..
    Thanks for the reply and the advice mate, much appreciated. Can't multi quote whilst using my phone so thank you to Rose and Slum for there input as well. Only had a few games so far but it is so challenging.

Played a few quick matches with NO and got a good feeling of the team. But I thought I'd get more of a reading if I started a trial association. As exhibition is one off thing where as this wil show me consistency etc. Basically I can use this mode to test my target trades that I am thinking of for when I begin my actual association.

Being a trial association, I decided I would put trade overide on, that said I wouldnt normally but this wil give me the chance to see which players really suit my system. As I said I'm looking to completely rebuild the side with youth so did a few trades and this is what my side looked like.

PG - Paul / Iverson (free) / Mills
    SG- Evans / George / Created players
    SF - Ariza / Clark / Hobson (free)
    PF - West / Hickson / Thompson
    C - Okafor / Hibbert / Sanders

I know some of these aren't even realistic, and I know I've cheated to get some of them but as I said, I'm just using it as a trial.

Anyway first game at home against the Bucks, playing on pro (newbie) and 10 min quarters. Took me a while to get into the game and it ended with them winning 87 - 79. I really struggled to find a style, still getting used to the controls etc. I really struggled with Paul as well, only ended up with 9 points and 3 assists. Iverson was suprisingly best scorer with a mere 13 and 5 assists.

Jennings killed me with 23 points and 6 assists. Just couldn't shut him down. Maggette was really effective for them as well. Salmon went off injured in the second quarter.

As I said still struggling to find a style, wasn't really impressed by George or Hibbert but Clarke and Hickson look awesome. I'm gonna depend on Paul alot so need to figure how to get the best outta him.
    Last edited by Cairns_Baller; 05-30-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Banned

By the way if you haven't got live and havent done any updates then try and get a hold of Chase Budinger, guy was an absolute beast when the game first came out. He's jumpshot is easy to read and he can make it rain from range if you know his release point and along with that he has good athleticism etc. so he's a very good swingman at a rating of 70 odd.

Also if you want a shooter before any updates then get Korver, he can make just about anything with an inch of space prior to any updates and his rating is 66 or something

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    By the way if you haven't got live and havent done any updates then try and get a hold of Chase Budinger, guy was an absolute beast when the game first came out. He's jumpshot is easy to read and he can make it rain from range if you know his release point and along with that he has good athleticism etc. so he's a very good swingman at a rating of 70 odd.

Also if you want a shooter before any updates then get Korver, he can make just about anything with an inch of space prior to any updates and his rating is 66 or something
    Cheers again, probably should have mentioned that I managed to get online today and download current roster and new draft. I was hoping Paul and Evans would put down the three's but haven't been very successful so far.

Might look at trading George out and seeing if I can bring in a spec 3 shooter. No idea who, will have to research I guess.

I missed alot of FT's as well. Couldn't get the timing especially for Paul.

Thanks again mate.
    Last edited by Cairns_Baller; 05-30-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Second game at home to the Nuggets in my trial Association.Blew me of the court in the first half and had a lead of 23 at one stage. But I rallied in the last quarter. Ended up losing 88 - 85 but geez it was an exciting last quarter. Being a newbie didn't know late fouling was on and it wasn't for giving FT's around I might have won it. Had the chance with Iverson to win pretty much clean on then break but missed the lay up at 83 80. Got fouled on the way up too so if I hit that and the two FT which I did, might have held on.

I know now too turn late fouling off. Iverson again topped scored for me with 18 and 6 assists. I still can't seem to get it right with Paul who ended up with 13 and 3 assists - 2/11 FG (shocking). Got FT's down now 8/8.

Nene smashed it for them with 24 and Smith behind him with 19. Still not liking George and I'm thinking of trading him and testing someone else at SG. I want someone young and who has a decent shot on them. Evans is good but I want someone to help Paul out and get the best outta him. Anyone ever used a good Paul / SG combo?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    Second game at home to the Nuggets in my trial Association.Blew me of the court in the first half and had a lead of 23 at one stage. But I rallied in the last quarter. Ended up losing 88 - 85 but geez it was an exciting last quarter. Being a newbie didn't know late fouling was on and it wasn't for giving FT's around I might have won it. Had the chance with Iverson to win pretty much clean on then break but missed the lay up at 83 80. Got fouled on the way up too so if I hit that and the two FT which I did, might have held on.

I know now too turn late fouling off. Iverson again topped scored for me with 18 and 6 assists. I still can't seem to get it right with Paul who ended up with 13 and 3 assists - 2/11 FG (shocking). Got FT's down now 8/8.

Nene smashed it for them with 24 and Smith behind him with 19. Still not liking George and I'm thinking of trading him and testing someone else at SG. I want someone young and who has a decent shot on them. Evans is good but I want someone to help Paul out and get the best outta him. Anyone ever used a good Paul / SG combo?
    Well I've never used CP3 with a SG cuz I've never really played with CP3, but one SG that you can try to get back is Marcus Thornton. He's young, athletic, and can score like crazy. He can drive, shoot, and he has an easy release (Textbook). He got traded to the Kings for Carl Landry but most of the time I play Association the Kings are looking to deal him. He has good potential too. He's very cheap as well still on his rookie contract

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Well I've never used CP3 with a SG cuz I've never really played with CP3, but one SG that you can try to get back is Marcus Thornton. He's young, athletic, and can score like crazy. He can drive, shoot, and he has an easy release (Textbook). He got traded to the Kings for Carl Landry but most of the time I play Association the Kings are looking to deal him. He has good potential too. He's very cheap as well still on his rookie contract
    Thanks for the feedback mate, traded George for Thornton. He seems alot better, though I might try to get Matthews for Portland.

Played my third game away to Spurs and got dominated 80- 71. I'm really struggling on the offense. Think I'm gonna spend some time in Practice mode and learn some more. I can't seem drive to the basket or pull any spins off either.

Saw a basketball once

Started an Association with the Bulls with the aim of creating a superteam in 3 years.

The first season I traded away Boozer, Noah and Deng along with other benchers and ended up acquiring Eric Gordon and Kevin Love and the 2nd overall pick in the draft which I used to select Derrick Williams (Irving went first). The Spurs won the championship. Derrick Rose won MVP, MIP, Scoring leader, All-NBA First Team and All-Star starter!

In my second season I traded away Love (among other things) to get the 1st overall pick in the draft. I used that pick to select Perry Jones and this was me forming my team. I also won the NBA Championship this year with Rose winning Finals MVP.

My third season ended in a disappointing second round exit to the Celtic and the Spurs won the championship again. Oddly enough I struck lottery gold and got the 1st and 4th pick overall that I had traded for previously. I selected Tim Hardaway Junior and Snaer. I was completely stacked at SG at this stage that I traded both of them for DeMarcus Cousins and some crap since I'd been struggling to get a center since I traded Noah. It's impossible to get Orlando to part with Howard.

Anyway my team going into my Fourth Season is

PG: Rose(98)/Steve Nash(72)
    SG: Gordon(92)/Ray Allen(73)/Tyler Honeycutt(73)
    SF: Derrick Williams(91)/Summers(68)/Martin(65)
    PF: Perry Jones(82)/Faried(69)/S. Williams(65)
    C: Cousins(86)/Pachulia(65)

My first 3 seasons we're all entirely simulated 82 game seasons with salary cap on, starting rosters, no force trades, the usual stuff.

Second round exit, Champion, Second round exit was how those seasons went. Going to actually play it now with this stacked team for the season before I have to blow it up next year.

Rose and Gordon are on about 15m each and Perry,Williams and Cousins are still on rookie 5m contracts.

Banned

I started a Warriors association for fun and I simmed 2 seasons and now this is my starting lineup:

Stephen Curry
    Wesley Johnson
    Wilson Chandler
    Josh Smith
    Yao Ming

Everyone is at least an 85

Yao may be in his 30s but he is absolute CHEESE in this game. Because he is so tall he usually makes contested layups and even if he doesn't he is good at free throws and has a great game down low.

I signed him and Chandler in the 2nd off-season. Traded Monta to get Johnson and got Smith from trading Lee + fillers

Decent college freshman

Does anyone know if there is a way to download Rubio? Like a roster update that has him on the Wolves?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Does anyone know if there is a way to download Rubio? Like a roster update that has him on the Wolves?
    I think he has a player DNA on 2K share. You can download him then assign him to the Wolves and play with him in association

3-time NBA All-Star

My latest association: the Utah Jazz

First Season

- Created Brandon Knight... who the Jazz will draft with the #3 pick later this month
    - Traded Mehmet Okur for Desanga Diop and the Bobcats First Rounder
    - Packaged Diop, C.J. Miles, and a future 2nd rounder in a salary dump

PG: Devin Harris - Sundita Gaines
    SG: Brandon Knight - Larry Hughes
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko - Gordon Hayward
    PF: Al Jefferson - Paul Milsap
    C: Derrick Favors - Kyrylo Fesenko

Second Season

- Packaged the Bobcat's pick (7th) with my first Rounder (14th) to move up to the 5th pick, where I drafted a SG (Andre Hill)that can stroke a jumper and play D
    - Signed DeAndre Jordon as a role-player for 5-years approx $15 million
    - Resigned Andrei Kirilenko

PG: Devin Harris - Larry Hughes
    SG: Brandon Knight - Andre Hill
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko - Gordon Haywood
    C: Derrick Favors - DeAndre Jordon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    Thanks for the feedback mate, traded George for Thornton. He seems alot better, though I might try to get Matthews for Portland.

Played my third game away to Spurs and got dominated 80- 71. I'm really struggling on the offense. Think I'm gonna spend some time in Practice mode and learn some more. I can't seem drive to the basket or pull any spins off either.
    Well Wesley may be a better 3 point shooter and a better defender, but his overall offense is really limited particularly his mid range game. Marcus Thornton's mid range shot is MUCH better than Wesley Matthews', and he is much better at driving and shooting off the dribble

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

in finals vs. Hornets with my Raptors team:

PG- Jrue Holiday
    SG- Eric Gordon
    SF- Caron Butler
    PF- Chris Bosh
    C- Darko Millicic
    -----------------
    PG- Eric Maynor
    SF- Nic Batum
    PF- Kevin Love

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    My latest association: the Utah Jazz

First Season

- Created Brandon Knight... who the Jazz will draft with the #3 pick later this month
    - Traded Mehmet Okur for Desanga Diop and the Bobcats First Rounder
    - Packaged Diop, C.J. Miles, and a future 2nd rounder in a salary dump

PG: Devin Harris - Sundita Gaines
    SG: Brandon Knight - Larry Hughes
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko - Gordon Hayward
    C: Derrick Favors - Kyrylo Fesenko

Second Season

- Packaged the Bobcat's pick (7th) with my first Rounder (14th) to move up to the 5th pick, where I drafted a SG (Andre Hill)that can stroke a jumper and play D
    - Signed DeAndre Jordon as a role-player for 5-years approx $15 million
    - Resigned Andrei Kirilenko

PG: Devin Harris - Larry Hughes
    SG: Brandon Knight - Andre Hill
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko - Gordon Haywood
    C: Derrick Favors - DeAndre Jordon
    Third Season

- Found two gems at the end of the first round of the draft.... a defensive PG that can pass, with potential.... and an athletic PF
    - Traded Devin Harris and Andre Hill for Eric Gordon
    - Signed Nic Batum for the full MLE for 5 years to be the starting SF
    - Resigned Kirilenko as a role player
    - Resigned Al Jefferson to a 3-year extension
    - Paul Milsap signed a bloated contract elsewhere in Free Agency
    - Traded newly drafted PF and Gordon Hawyard for an extremely unhappy Wes Johnson

PG: Brandon Knight - Larry Hughes
    SG: Eric Gordon - Wesley Johnson
    SF: Nic Batum - Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: Al Jefferson - Jeremy Evans
    C: Derrick Favors - DeAndre Jordan

Championship