Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Flashy 6'5 PG Tony Wroten Jr, may just become better than Rose, Wall, Evans

I wouldn't bother arguing with LosBulls. The guy is a clown.

Wroten Jr. is a beast. While it's too early to say he'll be flat out better than those guys(I hate saying that about guys still in HS/College), I would definetly say he has the tools to be better. His natural PG talent is off the charts. Plus, he's pretty strong for his size. Like, really strong. My cousin is 6'3 190 and plays football out here. Wroten pushed him around like it was nothing. The guy is just a natural born athlete with incredible genetics. Sucks that he already torn his ACL...he'd have even more bounce going into college.

Former Bulls Fan.

Default Re: Flashy 6'5 PG Tony Wroten Jr, may just become better than Rose, Wall, Evans

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    I wouldn't bother arguing with LosBulls. The guy is a clown.

Wroten Jr. is a beast. While it's too early to say he'll be flat out better than those guys(I hate saying that about guys still in HS/College), I would definetly say he has the tools to be better. His natural PG talent is off the charts. Plus, he's pretty strong for his size. Like, really strong. My cousin is 6'3 190 and plays football out here. Wroten pushed him around like it was nothing. The guy is just a natural born athlete with incredible genetics. Sucks that he already torn his ACL...he'd have even more bounce going into college.
    Is this a personal attack?

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

Your such a ****ing hypebeast. The ones you said he would be better than (Rose, Wall, Evans) all were recruited by Calipari to play for him. He seems to have quite the eye for talent at the PG position and actually backed off of recruiting Wroten.

Banned

ok but REAL TALKS BRO!! Tony is sick. I like his game and his upside i see him making a big impact in the NBA

Not airballing my layups anymore

Doesn't touch Rose or Wall athletically and looks way smaller than Evans. Flashy passes against high schoolers, this guy is the real deal.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

You're setting yourself and other up for disappointment. Granted I've only seen Wroten once, but I was told what I saw is in fact what he is.

- 6'4" former football playing combo guard
    - lefthanded
    - football mentality is obvious as he is more a "power guard"
    - very inconsistent shooter so teams sag off
    - makes flashy passes when pass lanes not cut off
    - needs to show more ability with off hand

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

He makes some very unneccessary passes when he could easily get the bucket himself. I like him though, will be watching out for him.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
    Your such a ****ing hypebeast. The ones you said he would be better than (Rose, Wall, Evans) all were recruited by Calipari to play for him. He seems to have quite the eye for talent at the PG position and actually backed off of recruiting Wroten.
    What eye for talent? Rose was the #1 PG in the class of 2007 ( if you saw OJ Mayo as an SG, which most didn't at the time). Evans was #1 SG in the class of 2008, not consenus though Jrue Holiday was also ranked first alot.. John Wall was the #1 PG in the class of 2009. Calipari also recruited who was at the time Brandon Knight he was the #1 PG in the class of 2010, until he feel off at the end of his senior season and Irving passed him. Calipari also got the #1 PG in the class of 2011 Marquis Teague. Who many people, actually 95% believe right now is better than Tony Wroten Jr.

However, I see Teague-Wroten thing very similar to 08 Jennings-Evans. Teague might be the better player now, but he is only 6'3 at best, doesn't have an NBA body sort of like Jennings. Evans who was more raw at the time had an NBA body 6'6 in shoes 220 lbs, just had more upside due to his skill and physical makeup. Wroten is 6'5 in shoes and already 210 lbs at 17 years old, already has an NBA body, very physical. He can very well be like Tyreke Evans is now, except he is more athletic and 2x times the passer. He has a jumpshot, he might not have a jumper like Stephen Curry or OJ Mayo, but he has a jumper. Probably along the lines of Brandon Jennings, may be inconsistent, but when he is on you have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
    He makes some very unneccessary passes when he could easily get the bucket himself. I like him though, will be watching out for him.
    he does some stupid posturing after a pass that is unnecessary

Notice how he is 6'5", likely to play combo guard, yet the OP doesn't include wroten being better than OJ Mayo.

Local High School Star

his handles look sloppy and clunky like bootleg raymond felton, and feltons game is ugly as hell. also he doesnt seem very quick, looks like he playing some weak competition. some of the passes were nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    his handles look sloppy and clunky like bootleg raymond felton, and feltons game is ugly as hell. also he doesnt seem very quick, looks like he playing some weak competition. some of the passes were nice though.
    Op has been on his nuts for two years he is probably the worst talent evaluator on the board.

lol@people hating on Wroten. He's got weaknesses for sure but OJ is right. People are really really high on this kid. There is a reason why he has been regarded as the #1 PG in the nation. When he makes it to the league, I expect people to jump on his dick like no other....watch.

He needs to play for Calipari.