Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: UFC 121: Lesnar vs Velasquez

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I love this card. Even the prelims getting to see what Court McGee can do and the usually entertaining Sam Stout. Awesome from top to bottom.
    I agree, I can;t wait to watch McGee and Cote on the prelims and I hope Stout's fight gets shown becuase he is always fun to watch. I'm even somewhat interested in the Madsen/Yvel fight

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    I agree, I can;t wait to watch McGee and Cote on the prelims and I hope Stout's fight gets shown becuase he is always fun to watch. I'm even somewhat interested in the Madsen/Yvel fight
    yup this card has everything from casual MMA fan to hardcore, I also want to see Gabe Gonzaga bounce back, want to see if Jake Shields is UFC worthy and yeah want to see if Cote can get back his old form or if the ACL break him.

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    yup this card has everything from casual MMA fan to hardcore, I also want to see Gabe Gonzaga bounce back, want to see if Jake Shields is UFC worthy and yeah want to see if Cote can get back his old form or if the ACL break him.
    this is definetly the best card in a while and the only one i'm looking forward to until 126

Time for the weigh ins Im so stoked for this fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY2Wt...layer_embedded

just one more day

gonzaga always kind of folds when he fights an aggressive fighter. should be an interesting fight, but i don't see him winning. decent card like everyone else says (123 looks good too).

as far as main event, i think the only way cain wins is via unanimous decision. i'll be shocked if he gets a sub or KO's brock. he just needs to work his game, survive on the ground and outwork brock. he's the better striker. he can outlast brock. i don't care what shape brock is in...that's a big gas tank. he needs a lot of oxygen and there's more potential for lactic buildup. he's gonna start to feel it if it goes beyond 3 rounds.

as far as brock, if he wins, i see it being in the 3rd round or earlier via ground n pound. both fighters obviously have to be on the top of their games.

also, is anyone else tired of white's ugly mug in the background of every weigh-in? go away!

Dunking on everybody in the park chungerball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    gonzaga always kind of folds when he fights an aggressive fighter. should be an interesting fight, but i don't see him winning. decent card like everyone else says (123 looks good too).

as far as main event, i think the only way cain wins is via unanimous decision. i'll be shocked if he gets a sub or KO's brock. he just needs to work his game, survive on the ground and outwork brock. he's the better striker. he can outlast brock. i don't care what shape brock is in...that's a big gas tank. he needs a lot of oxygen and there's more potential for lactic buildup. he's gonna start to feel it if it goes beyond 3 rounds.

as far as brock, if he wins, i see it being in the 3rd round or earlier via ground n pound. both fighters obviously have to be on the top of their games. Plus, why the hell do people name their male offspring's Dana?

also, is anyone else tired of white's ugly mug in the background of every weigh-in? go away!
    White is such a F8cking tool. He just seems like a prick all the way with his gay ass smug look.

Shields and Kampmann

Sanchez and Thiago

Ortiz and Hamill

the return of man bear pig

Damn Yvel looks like some guy I dont ever want to mess with.
    Last edited by ErhnamDjinn; 10-23-2010 at 05:46 AM.

Anyone know a good link to a pool site?

Banned

Someone school me on Velasquez, haven't seen a single fight of his.

Is his stamina anywhere as poor as Carwin's? If he hadn't gassed so early (and if the ref had stopped it when he should've), Shane would've won easily and handled Brock. Don't think his standup is anything impressive, but obviously when he gets you on the ground you're in a world of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Is his stamina anywhere as poor as Carwin's? If he hadn't gassed so early (and if the ref had stopped it when he should've), Shane would've won easily and handled Brock. Don't think his standup is anything impressive, but obviously when he gets you on the ground you're in a world of trouble.
    From what I understand Velasquez has some amazing cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Is his stamina anywhere as poor as Carwin's?
    He's only had 1 fight go past the 2nd round. I'd recommend watching the Velasquez/Kongo fight. It's the only fight where you'd get any idea about his cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    He's only had 1 fight go past the 2nd round. I'd recommend watching the Velasquez/Kongo fight. It's the only fight where you'd get any idea about his cardio.
    not only cardio but ability to come back from a big hit from a hard punching striker, he gets knockdown i think twice yet gets back up and manages to take Kongo down until he wears him out.

About 3 days ago i had a dream of me watching this fight.I had all my mexican gear on and my room was filled with the mexican colors i even had a cain walkout shirt,mexican flag on my right fist too

Fight started well ,cain on the attack he corners brock against the cage,he rocks him with a right he throws punches in bunches then BAM!!! Lesnar out of nowhere KO's Cain with a big right hand.

I woke up terrified

Iam picking Cain,Thiago,Kampmann,Hamil,Gonzaga.

also hope that Yvel wins his fight with a KO