Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default I'm being billed for over $5,000 for a broken hand surgery, ANY ADVICE?

I broke a bone in my hand earlier this year and had surgery on it in June. I was in college at the time, so my mom called our insurance agency to make sure it would be covered. They told us that the surgery would be covered. Now I am receiving bills for over $5000 from the hospital. We have appealed the bill and called over a dozen times without getting anywhere. Any advice on what I should do?

Blu Ray

Default Re: I'm being billed for over $5,000 for a broken hand surgery, ANY ADVICE?

Are you calling the hospital or your insurance company? Did you just ask if it would be covered, or did you get something in writing that it would be covered?

Won Avy Bet

Default Re: I'm being billed for over $5,000 for a broken hand surgery, ANY ADVICE?

Unless it was really broken somethin fierce, you shoulda just let it heal on its own.

People broke bones for millenniums before there was surgery, and they did not become permanent cripples.

Bruises, breaks, and tears will heal. Doctors sell you surgeries because you don't know any better. You think you simply HAVE to have surgery, that's your only choice to get better. They make a killing off it.

If an internal organ stops functioning, have surgery. If you break a bone, don't.
    Last edited by the GIBBET; 10-23-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by the GIBBET
    Unless it was really broken somethin fierce, you shoulda just let it heal on its own.

People broke bones for millenniums before there was surgery, and they did not become permanent cripples.

Bruises, breaks, and tears will heal. Doctors sell you surgeries because you don't know any better. You think you simply HAVE to have surgery, that's your only choice to get better.

If an internal organ stops functioning, have surgery. If you break a bone, don't.
    and this concludes your starface medical tip of the day

Banned

who is your insurance carrier? theres tons of shady insurance carriers out there, and even tricky policies that aren't full coverage insurance. free market insurance is so f'd up because of shit like this.

anyways i'd be speaking directly to the insurance carrier, double checking your policy, making sure the last payment was made, etc.

Won Avy Bet

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    and this concludes your starface medical tip of the day

says the guy who's gonna need all sorts of amputations and operations when his diabetes catches up to him. hopefully you won't have insurance because then everyone is going to collectively get stuck with paying for your morbid obesity, but I'm sure you will have insurance since you can afford all that food.

Hellbound

You're covered under your parents insurance? Does your dad/mom/whoever have the insurance policy through their work? Cuz sometimes those family insurance deals through work are kinda bogus. Try and get a copy of the policy or whatever to prove you're on it and that it should've been covered. You may have to get a lawyer and take it to court.

If for some reason, you're not covered, and you can't pay it, you'll have to try and work out some kinda payment plan. Or look into one of those relief things you can apply for. I think a girl I know did that a while ago, I'll ask her what exactly she did with it.

Banned

Bruises, breaks, and tears will heal. Doctors sell you surgeries because you don't know any better. You think you simply HAVE to have surgery, that's your only choice to get better. They make a killing off it.

how about i break your face w/ my hand and u just let it heal on its own fgt. probably wouldn't look much different than the deformed mug you wear now that everyone clowns. ugly mother****a

Won Avy Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    how about i break your face w/ my hand and u just let it heal on its own fgt. probably wouldn't look much different than the deformed mug you wear now that everyone clowns. ugly mother****a

my god you are corny as shit, and completely retarded.

Blu Ray

says the guy who's gonna need all sorts of amputations and operations when his diabetes catches up to him. hopefully you won't have insurance because then everyone is going to collectively get stuck with paying for your morbid obesity, but I'm sure you will have insurance since you can afford all that food.
    now you've gone too far

how will i recover from this savage e-beating?

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

don't pay it.

Banned

my god you are corny as shit, and completely retarded.

thats 6 times now you've used the same insult at me. sad

Won Avy Bet

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    now you've gone too far

how will i recover from this savage e-beating?

smart money says with a truckload of comfort food.

Won Avy Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    thats 6 times now you've used the same insult at me. sad

smokee, seriously, you are the most retarded poster on this website. it has been voted on unanimously.

Blu Ray

smart money says with a truckload of comfort food.
    my one vice is dr. pepper and i just picked up a 24 pack

mmmmm dr pepper arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh