Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?u

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    lol did you even go in to compton or long beach or inglewood? you even go to skid row? which part of the jungle did you go to? reseda or something? That is nothing. GTFO tourist.
    Actually, I did go to Skid Row. It is such a famous name, I had to take a look. It was just a concentration of homeless. Not exactly fear-inducing.

I also checked out Compton. It seemed relatively pleasant... Certainly didn't live up to its bad name (that is a good thing, btw).

Honestly... If you think that someone who lives in f#cking Cleveland is 'scared' of anything that LA has to offer, it just shows how ignorant you are. It isn't a good thing that there are certain parts of Cleveland that are incredibly dangerous, but at least know what you are talking about before you broach the subject.

I'll take you for a ride around East Cleveland.... Maybe hit Scovill Ave. just to get your blood pressure up.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    And your friend is a whitey transplant afraid of other races, admit it brah

no most of LA isn't transplants, I'd say about 25% are and no we don't like them because all they do is complain and try to bring their hick values onto us. And most of them are idiots who came here to "become a star" like starface
    You'd say 'about 25-percent?'

You sure you live in LA? The percentage of FOREIGN BORN transplants living in LA County is over 36%.

Link

I know that you are trolling, but at least try some intelligent trolling. It makes things funner for me. Easily dissecting and obliterating every (non) point that you make is making me tired.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 10-30-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?

Philly has been the worst. Absolute sh*thole.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Actually, I did go to Skid Row. It is such a famous name, I had to take a look. It was just a concentration of homeless. Not exactly fear-inducing.

I also checked out Compton. It seemed relatively pleasant... Certainly didn't live up to its bad name (that is a good thing, btw).
    As someone who was born and raised in LA, you're right. I grew up just South of Downtown. I've had friends and family members who were involved with local gangs. A lot of the "fear" is media driven. If you watch or read LA news, you'd get the idea that we're a bunch of thugs who go around robbing and killing ourselves in a barbaric way.

For the most part, our neighborhoods are filled with good, hard working people just like anywhere else. Yes, there are spots that can be dangerous, but no more dangerous than any other similar place in the US. That old saying, "If you're looking for trouble, you'll find it" definitely applies here. If you come with an attitude or looking to get into sh*t, yeah, you're gonna get messed with and the experience will not be that pleasant. If you mind your own business and act normally, nobody cares. For all the hype Skid Row receives, it's not very dangerous at all. Most of the hype comes from politicians and police officers acting like they're doing something good in the community and they use the homeless as scapegoats to push their BS agendas. It's the same thing in places such as Compton. As you saw for yourself, it's not what it's built up to be. We're just working class people trying to make our way in this world. Not much different from other poor areas across the nation. Besides, isn't rather stupid to argue about who has the worst areas in the US? Not exactly an honor I'd like to have.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

1) Montreal.

2) Brownsville, TX.

Quote Originally Posted by zay_24
    For me it would be Dallas. One of the fastest and diverse cities but yet everything is spaced out far as ****.[COLOR="Red"] The weather is horrible and the people who were born n raised here are oblivious to how lame their city is comparred to others.[/COLOR] Not to mention they take their whole style from other cities then claim it as their own.

Crime rise it's LA by far. Drivebys cop shootings, etc. Stuff was crazy.
    I live in Dallas and I have been to just about every single major city in the US...

the weather is horrible during the summer, that's it...

I have a TON of freinds from 'cold" cities that live here and claim they would never go back because this weather is better...

I also work with a ton of people that were raised in Cali that like it here better because it is too hard to live in Cali...

what I would like to know from you is...what makes Dallas so lame compared to other cites???...please explain youself???

you know, I understand how cities like Chicago, or New York, or San Fran have more to offer than Dallas does...

but how is Dallas lame compared to everyone else?...Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, Detroit, Philly, every other f*ckin city in the country, ect...???

what did you want to do here that you were unable to do???

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    As someone who was born and raised in LA, you're right. I grew up just South of Downtown. I've had friends and family members who were involved with local gangs. A lot of the "fear" is media driven. If you watch or read LA news, you'd get the idea that we're a bunch of thugs who go around robbing and killing ourselves in a barbaric way.

For the most part, our neighborhoods are filled with good, hard working people just like anywhere else. Yes, there are spots that can be dangerous, but no more dangerous than any other similar place in the US. That old saying, "If you're looking for trouble, you'll find it" definitely applies here. If you come with an attitude or looking to get into sh*t, yeah, you're gonna get messed with and the experience will not be that pleasant. If you mind your own business and act normally, nobody cares. For all the hype Skid Row receives, it's not very dangerous at all. Most of the hype comes from politicians and police officers acting like they're doing something good in the community and they use the homeless as scapegoats to push their BS agendas. It's the same thing in places such as Compton. As you saw for yourself, it's not what it's built up to be. We're just working class people trying to make our way in this world. Not much different from other poor areas across the nation. Besides, isn't rather stupid to argue about who has the worst areas in the US? Not exactly an honor I'd like to have.
    Agreed on your entire post.

Trust me... I'm not proud of the fact that there are areas in Cleveland that are virtual war zones. The decline of American industrialism sapped this area's life-blood and a lot of the people who would have worked in the steel mill 30 years ago have no job opportunities.

Where there is extreme poverty and no jobs, there will be crime. I'm simply pointing out to Sergio that someone who lives in Cleveland is not going to be afraid to go anywhere in LA.

There is a part of me that would feel more privileged if my first thought upon seeing Compton and Skid Row was, "get me out of here... This is scary." But, alas, I see a lot worse every time I drive through East Cleveland.

It is a misnomer, though, that all people in Ohio are 'hicks.' Of course, there are rural areas out in the sticks that fit the bill, but Cleveland is one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse cities in the country. That is something that I actually am proud of.

Obviously, my experience in LA wasn't all that positive. However, I understand it allure for some and I'm certainly not out to denigrate someone's home. I often have to deal with that living in Cleveland and it gets old really quickly.

It all comes down to the kind of city that you are comfortable with. Obviously, a lot of people love LA and more power to them.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 10-30-2010 at 04:38 PM.

I've seen plenty of Eastern European cities that were just filthy and impoverished. But that's what you expect.

But Marseille came as a surprise You expect a large city right in the probably most tourism-dense part of Europe to at least be somewhat presentable and tourist friendly, but Marseille is an absolute shithole. Rotten trash all over the streets, rats everywhere, the locals are on edge and just a bad overall vibe in that place.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I've seen plenty of Eastern European cities that were just filthy and impoverished. But that's what you expect.

But Marseille came as a surprise You expect a large city right in the probably most tourism-dense part of Europe to at least be somewhat presentable and tourist friendly, but Marseille is an absolute shithole. Rotten trash all over the streets, rats everywhere, the locals are on edge and just a bad overall vibe in that place.
    I totally agree, that place is a dump. The old port is nice (although some parts get scary at night), but that's about it. The food was good though.

worst: athens

best: london

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

It's an embarassment that the NBA has a team in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    It's an embarassment that the NBA doesn't have a team in Seattle
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-

I also work with a ton of people that were raised in Cali that like it here better because it is too hard to live in Cali...
    ?? too hard to live in california? what?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
    Camden, New Jersey - Aside from the water front and the aquarium certain sections are awfully rough around the edges.
    I'm doing an internship with the Camden police department. See some crazy shit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    ?? too hard to live in california? what?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

^ Too much of that.