Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is Kobe Bryant still in his Prime?

No. He already past his prime.

There are 3 type of people who believe he's still in his prime:

1. The delusional fanboys who can't grip to the reality that Kobe is indeed declining and that he isn't immortal.

2. The new fan who hasn't really seen Kobe pre-08 and believe he's just developed these skills recently.

3. The blatant hater ala New York Knicks

National High School Star

The funny thing is that it's LeBron sitting out practices with a bum leg.

Kobe's physical prime 2002-2003

Kobe's physical and mental prime 2005-2006

Kobe's mental prime 2007-2008

Come on now guys, Kobe isn't what he used to be athletically, but he is very skilled so he covers it up well. If he would be asked that question, he would tell you it's more difficult for him to get places on the court he used to, but he still gets the job done. It obviously doesn't look like the game is more difficult to him, but he just has to try harder now, because 4-5 years ago it came super easy for him.

Banned

LOL, I'm a hater because I think he's still in his prime? Ok. Come on, ImmortalD24, you're the joke of the internet basketball message boards. I see your username spamming Kobe trash everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    LOL, I'm a hater because I think he's still in his prime? Ok. Come on, ImmortalD24, you're the joke of the internet basketball message boards. I see your username spamming Kobe trash everywhere.
    You're wrong. If you can't see the difference between Kobe's speed in 2002-2003 or 2005-2006 compared to 2010-2011, or Kobe's jumps, the the way he slides his feet, or how hard he goes every game, then I'm sorry, you're just wrong.

Local High School Star

I think Kobe of the last 3 years are the best versions of Kobe.
    This.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    You're wrong. If you can't see the difference between Kobe's speed in 2002-2003 or 2005-2006 compared to 2010-2011, or Kobe's jumps, the the way he slides his feet, or how hard he goes every game, then I'm sorry, you're just wrong.
    Wrong about? I said he's still in his prime. Did I say he was 100% just as quick as he was 8 years ago? No. But there isn't this huge difference everyone's talking about. Why do people keep putting words in my mouth? Just argue what's there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Kobe's physical prime 2002-2003

Kobe's physical and mental prime 2005-2006

Kobe's mental prime 2007-2008

Come on now guys, Kobe isn't what he used to be athletically, but he is very skilled so he covers it up well. If he would be asked that question, he would tell you it's more difficult for him to get places on the court he used to, but he still gets the job done. It obviously doesn't look like the game is more difficult to him, but he just has to try harder now, because 4-5 years ago it came super easy for him.
    How is his mental prime going to end? Wouldn't a player gain more and more knowledge of the game and his team as he ages?

Banned

People need to realize the difference between a large drop in athleticism and a better understanding of economy of motion. Kobe paces himself now better than he did in the past.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Does it really matter if he's winning chips like a boss?

He's passed his physical prime, but he's still Kobe.

He's not in his prime just like Jordan wasn't in his prime from 96-98.

He's a bit past his prime, or this might still be his prime, but the last season of it.

Wrong about? I said he's still in his prime. Did I say he was 100% just as quick as he was 8 years ago? No. But there isn't this huge difference everyone's talking about. Why do people keep putting words in my mouth? Just argue what's there.
    There is a huge difference between how quick Kobe was in his rookie year. There is a big difference from 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59o2YYh8AS0

loke at 4.30. That is MUCH quicker than Kobe now. Lets not even get into the decline in vertical(See 7:00-7:10 and 7:30).

National High School Star

People need to realize the difference between a large drop in athleticism and a better understanding of economy of motion. Kobe paces himself now better than he did in the past.
    Uh... he's not as fast, can't jump as high, isn't as explosive. That right there is the definition of no longer being in your athletic prime. It makes you sound like a hater, just like me saying that Jordan currently has never been more athletic than he is right now. You're saying he's still in his prime like it's a complement when you really mean to ignore those years when he was significantly faster and more explosive. Yeah he's adjusted his game to suit his body, but that doesn't mean he's still in his athletic prime.

Prime prime prime, not sure.
    Ring ring ring, pretty sure.