Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Give Deron Williams the MVP right now, no contest

Wait lol? People still belive stats are the way to measure D-Will's impact on the game?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Wait lol? People still belive stats are the way to measure D-Will's impact on the game?

Good college starter

well, the Deron > Paul argument is mainly based on the gut and truthiness. I'm not saying stats are the only thing that are important but when someone is on an undefeated team with a full 10 points higher PER than another player, it's strange to see people arguing the second player has had a better season. How many people actually watch the Hornets besides when they play your teams?

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    well, the Deron > Paul argument is mainly based on the gut and truthiness. How many people actually watch the Hornets besides when they play your teams?
    You act like people watch Utah more when both D-Will and Cp3 are healthy.

Back in 08 I remember a lot more threads when a team faced New Orleans then when a team faced Utah.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    You act like people watch Utah more when both D-Will and Cp3 are healthy.
    everyone's been watching them recently because of how exciting their comebacks have been. somehow playing awful in the first half and coming back > steamrolling your opponents so you don't have to play much down the stretch

everyone's been watching them recently because of how exciting their comebacks have been. somehow playing awful in the first half and coming back > steamrolling your opponents so you don't have to play much down the stretch
    That's because for some magical reason Utah has a annoyingly tough schedule to start the season. And the people they play like Miami,Orlando,Denver,Suns and Atlanta were all televised on Tnt,Espn and Nba TV.

Utah has always been a bad road team everyone knows this. However no one expects them to win on the road. And so far they've been proving people wrong. And that's what's gotten peoples attention. The team who couldn't even beat teams like the Kings on the road can now fight for long enough to beat playoff teams on the road behind the talent of D-Will

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease kingkong's Avatar

well, the Deron > Paul argument is mainly based on the gut and truthiness. I'm not saying stats are the only thing that are important but when someone is on an undefeated team with a full 10 points higher PER than another player, it's strange to see people arguing the second player has had a better season. How many people actually watch the Hornets besides when they play your teams?
    its mostly because people watch very few NO games

Decent playground baller Sonics4Life's Avatar

i picked Deron over Kobe in fantasy this year and i'll stick by that.

i historically hate the Jazz as a Sonics rival but it's hard not to like them with D Will running the point. this run of road game comebacks is the most amazing regular season anomaly i can remember seeing in the NBA.

Banned

Right now to me Dwight is 1st in MVP. His team is quite pathetic anymore, nobody other then Him and VC/sort of Jameer can create under the hoop, and their whole offense really hinges on them being able to get the ball to Dwight (which they suck at by the way) and then having him get a good shot in the post, or throwing it out to the three point line. This year they've seemed to move from a team that scores from outside in to inside out, mostly because Dwight has seemed to improve as a post player. Second would be CP3/Dwill tie (though Millsap has been almost as important) and then fourth is Kobe.

Good job you found the three stats where they're close. There's no contest in the others except Deron's playing way more minutes. And how many Hornets games have you watched?
    Yes, I used the three major stats that is regularly used to compare ALL players.
    Is there an age limit on this forum? Kid's love to take things out of context.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Right now to me Dwight is 1st in MVP. His team is quite pathetic anymore, nobody other then Him and VC/sort of Jameer can create under the hoop, and their whole offense really hinges on them being able to get the ball to Dwight (which they suck at by the way) and then having him get a good shot in the post, or throwing it out to the three point line. This year they've seemed to move from a team that scores from outside in to inside out, mostly because Dwight has seemed to improve as a post player. Second would be CP3/Dwill tie (though Millsap has been almost as important) and then fourth is Kobe.
    not even close

Made that high school varsity squad

It's called the Player of the Week. The MVP is calculated in about half a year from now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swe_suns
    not even close
    And how is that? Do you think the team is even in the top 1/2 of the league on defense without him? Do you think they're getting all those 3s they rely on so much? Who is there go to scorer? The Magic would be screwed without Dwight.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    this man is godlike right now, just give him the MVP, it's over.
    I could be wrong, but didn't you make a thread just last week saying that Chris Paul was the MVP and "it wasn't even close"?