Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Official Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Thread

Arum: "Mayweather vs Pacquiao is Our First Priority"

By Ernest Gabion

The first priority for Top Rank CEO Bob Arum is a fight between welterweights Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Arum will start working on that fight in the next couple of weeks. There are two issues that Arum needs to resolve. The first, is whether or not Mayweather is interested in the fight. The second issue is the ongoing legal situation in Las Vegas between Mayweather and the mother of his two children, Josie Harris. Arum wants to make sure the pending assault case will not interfere with a planned fight.

"We, like everyone else in boxing, would like to see him fight Floyd Mayweather next. And we're going to see if we can make that happen. That's our first priority. It only requires Floyd Mayweather's willingness to do the fight, and secondly some take from the Nevada court system, as to when a fight coould take place so we don't get blindsided by a trial or something like that. We are going to work through those issues in the next couple of weeks," Arum said.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32828
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-14-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Thread

Lets not turn the thread into Duckqiao vs Gayweather.

Win or lose, this fight will be a great farewell for both.

Banned

Duckquiao?? Really??
    But Anyways I dont wanna get into it right now lol

Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Mayweather is just another Margarito.. Talk alot of shit in the end Pacquiao makes them look like a japanese dude..

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe8
    Duckquiao?? Really??
    But Anyways I dont wanna get into it right now lol

Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Mayweather is just another Margarito.. Talk alot of shit in the end Pacquiao makes them look like a japanese dude..
    Margacheato doesnt have nearly the same skills as Floyd Jr. To say that is all Floyd is makes you look incredibly stupid (which you're good at).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Margacheato doesnt have nearly the same skills as Floyd Jr. To say that is all Floyd is makes you look incredibly stupid (which you're good at).
    Common Sense Dickwad.. Wow like I didnt kno that , get the **** out you fat *****. troll ass mo****a

Banned

Ohhh yeah and Go eat sum Pork Ribs and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    There is no point in arguing with someone that says Mayweather is "just another Margarito". You're just wasting your time.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Fight will never happen because Mayweather is not a guy who takes chances. Mayweather knows Pacquiao could realistically beat him and thats not a risk Mayweather will take.

Mayweather needs to fight Pacquiao next year. Pacman vs. Pretty Boy would be the biggest fight in the last 25 years. Mayweather needs to understand that even if somehow loses this fight, he's still a winner in the eyes of of the boxing fans. Same with Manny Pacquiao.

Every boxing fans wants to see a Pacquiao-Mayweather trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe8
    Ohhh yeah and Go eat sum Pork Ribs and call it a day.
    Not to be rude, but how old are you?

Anyways, as a fan of Pacquiao and all sports, i hope this goes through. Even though Mayweather and Pacquiao both have many haters, people wish they could see this match every time one of them gets mentioned.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

aint happening, as much as i want it to.

Banned

Duckquiao doesn't fit for Manny cuz he's not the one who's ducking the fight.

im a superhero

hilarious that mayweather gets the ducking nick names when it was pacquiao who didnt want to take a blood test because it made him weak... give me a break... and then he accepts exactly when mayweather already announced he wanted to take a break. once again, convenient much?

surprise surprise its pacs camp who says they were organizing the fight where as mayweathers denied. just another boost for them in the publics eyes and they knew everyone would fall for it. i believe a few sources even said they lied after reporting that there were talks going on. lol. enough proof? clearly not for pac fans. they'll believe anything put out by their camp.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    hilarious that mayweather gets the ducking nick names when it was pacquiao who didnt want to take a blood test because it made him weak... give me a break... and then he accepts exactly when mayweather already announced he wanted to take a break. once again, convenient much?

surprise surprise its pacs camp who says they were organizing the fight where as mayweathers denied. just another boost for them in the publics eyes and they knew everyone would fall for it. i believe a few sources even said they lied after reporting that there were talks going on. lol. enough proof? clearly not for pac fans. they'll believe anything put out by their camp.
    Who died and made Mayweather the ruler of boxing committee and policies?

There's no pre-fight blood testing policy in boxing. From what I know, there was/is only post-fight testing.

Why didn't Mayweather came up with the idea for it earlier in his career....?
    Last edited by DeronMillsap; 11-15-2010 at 07:40 AM.

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Who died and made Mayweather the ruler of boxing committee and policies?

There's no pre-fight blood testing policy in boxing. From what I know, there was/is only post-fight testing.

Why didn't Mayweather came up with the idea for it earlier in his career....?
    those are called negotiations... who made pac the ruler of boxing committee and policies when he demanded i believe a million, or half a million for each pound mayweather came in over the weight.

but yeah, a blood test is far more ridiculous. IT MAKES HIM WEAK!

if that makes him weak, he wouldnt be in professional sports and dominating. the fact that such a weak excuse was used makes me think something is up with pac.