Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Your point was that he didn't have great footwork.

I just showed you he did. Dude fights like Kobe plays ball, his way. Of course they have the tools to do it, "the smart way", or "the right way", but they choose to do things their way.

So, no, I didn't prove your point, I shoved it up your ass.
    Kobe is one of the most technically sound basketball players to ever grace this earth. Please don't compare then in anything requiring technicality.

I think you guys are arguing two different things. Footspeed and footwork are two different things in my opinion. Manny has the best footspeed in the game, the only fighter I can think of in the same league is a younger Floyd. Manny, while incredibly fast on his feet, is off balance a lot when he attacks, which is indicative of poor footwork. He has corrected this somewhat, he doesn't lunge with his left as much, turns his opponent better, protects himself from his opponents right hand better after attacking, developed his counters, etc. Developing his right hook throughout the years has helped balance his attack as well.

Manny Pacquiao is one of the best athletes in boxing. I doubt he's using Peds or roid in his last few fights. He even passed the Vada testing. He was already a boxing champion at age 20 when he defeated Cha Chai Sasakul for the WBC/Lineal Flyweight Championship. He improved his boxing skills after training with Freddie Roach.

He's still going to be Mayweather's toughest opponent because of his funky style and in his latest fight with rios he showed some of his boxing skills, And he avoided being a slugger.

The guy has the 2nd best resume after Bernard Hopkins, and arguably the best fighter in the 2000's.

PS:

Iron fist is an idiot, and the dumbest poster in this thread. If i I ever see your chubby face, I'll kick your fat @$$ back to the toilet bowl.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-30-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Lolll

Then I will wait for you to come out of the sewer and kick your @$$ again.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Kobe is one of the most technically sound basketball players to ever grace this earth. Please don't compare then in anything requiring technicality.
    The comparison isn't based on technical aspects though. You're just too stupid to understand what it is based on.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Manny Pacquiao is one of the best athletes in boxing. I doubt he's using Peds or roid in his last few fights. He even passed the Vada testing. He was already a boxing champion at age 20 when he defeated Cha Chai Sasakul for the WBC/Lineal Flyweight Championship. He improved his boxing skills after training with Freddie Roach.

He's still going to be Mayweather's toughest opponent because of his funky style and in his latest fight with rios he showed some of his boxing skills, And he avoided being a slugger.

The guy has the 2nd best resume after Bernard Hopkins, and arguably the best fighter in the 2000's.

PS:

Iron fist is an idiot, and the dumbest poster in this thread. If i I ever see your chubby face, I'll kick your fat @$$ back to the toilet bowl.

13115 Ontario Ave. Ontario, CA 91761

Anytime you're in the area, stop on by.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz
    /
    no point in havjng a serious discussion about boxing with people who only watch boxing once or twice a year when their favorite fighter fights.

Nobody is saying Manny is the GOAT or the second coming of Pernell Whitaker. But he came from being a one dimensional boxer to a very refined boxer-puncher. Mike Tyson won't be on any top lists but he's one of the most popular and recognizable fighters because people loved to watch him fight. Same with Manny, people love to watch the little guy get in the ring and let his hands go.