Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Thread

For $30 million, I would take the blood test. It's not like he would be the only one to take the test. Mayweather would take it too, so however weaker Pacquiao thinks it would make him, logically it would make Mayweather that much weaker too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    those are called negotiations... who made pac the ruler of boxing committee and policies when he demanded i believe a million, or half a million for each pound mayweather came in over the weight.

but yeah, a blood test is far more ridiculous. IT MAKES HIM WEAK!

if that makes him weak, he wouldnt be in professional sports and dominating. the fact that such a weak excuse was used makes me think something is up with pac.
    A weak excuse? Have you done blood work before? It takes about a day or two for me to recover. For a boxer who has to follow a routine training schedule, it could mess his practice and conditioning schedule. Mayweather could suffer the same fatigue as well but both don't have the same body.

From what I recall, Pacman didn't want to do it within a week of the fight. Which is reasonable. That was his issue. He didn;t want to do it if it's too close to the day of the fight. He was willing to do it 2-3 weeks ahead.

Mayweather and Mosley had their blood taken 2-3 weeks ahead of their fight. Pacquiao could do the same way if Mayweather is scared to fight.
    Last edited by DeronMillsap; 11-15-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Banned

They should do randomly three times(within 3-4months), with the last testing being 10-15 days before the day of the fight. That should be fair for both parties.

It's not like Pacquiaco have failed any of his drug testing before. So thats my hate on Mayweather, he just suddenly slandered the guy just because he's threaten by him.

Mayweather is so dumb. He threw away $50-100m because he wanted non-standard drug testing. If someone was giving me that much to fight, I'd do everything in my power to get it done, not make it harder.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

If Arum and Pac want to fight Mayweather so bad then why notagree to his terms?? As far as I know the money is to be split 50/50 so why back out cause of blood-testing?

That's my sole question -- why call out Mayweather's camp after every Pac win if you wo t agree to the blood tests?

Sounds pretty dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    If Arum and Pac want to fight Mayweather so bad then why notagree to his terms?? As far as I know the money is to be split 50/50 so why back out cause of blood-testing?

That's my sole question -- why call out Mayweather's camp after every Pac win if you wo t agree to the blood tests?

Manny agreed to the testing, then Floyd flip flopped again.

Banned

People will never learn, huh? How long have I been saying the same thing over and over? Oh well, Keep hope alive!

But the drug testing thing is and never was the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    those are called negotiations... who made pac the ruler of boxing committee and policies when he demanded i believe a million, or half a million for each pound mayweather came in over the weight.

but yeah, a blood test is far more ridiculous. IT MAKES HIM WEAK!

if that makes him weak, he wouldnt be in professional sports and dominating. the fact that such a weak excuse was used makes me think something is up with pac.
    He actually asked 10 millions dollars for every pound over the limit.

shhhhhhh

they did agree to blood tests

but ask yourself why demand something that isn't even part of the norm in boxing? why put up barriers for pacquiao's camp to negotiate?

i realize it's a ploy by the mayweather camp to get some meaningless mental edge but if that's what mayweather is reduced to....

if mayweather is as good as he thinks he is he'll negotiate with a mind to getting the fight going not trying to block it by placing silly demands on it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    For $30 million, I would take the blood test. It's not like he would be the only one to take the test. Mayweather would take it too, so however weaker Pacquiao thinks it would make him, logically it would make Mayweather that much weaker too
    The first time around a mediator decided to set the cutoff at 24 days for testing. Floyd naturally declined. A year later Manny gave in and said he'd agree to a 14-day cutoff (which is what Mayweather said he'd agree too the year prior). Mayweather then argued about the purse split and wanted more than 50%. Mayweather then stalled some more and said he was on vacation and not looking to talk about fights.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    they did agree to blood tests

but ask yourself why demand something that isn't even part of the norm in boxing? why put up barriers for pacquiao's camp to negotiate?

i realize it's a ploy by the mayweather camp to get some meaningless mental edge but if that's what mayweather is reduced to....

if mayweather is as good as he thinks he is he'll negotiate with a mind to getting the fight going not trying to block it by placing silly demands on it
    Exactly. This is all it is. Mayweather wants to gain some kind of psychological advantage or his ego is just so enormous that he wants to set outrageous terms that his opponent has to agree to just to satisfy his ego. He wants to always feel like the boss and he wants everyone else to kneel and pray to him like he's a god. I don't think this fight happens tbh until Mayweather goes broke again. I bet he'll challenge Manny 5 years from now after Manny retires and is running for president or something. Mayweather will always ask for something outrageous because the answer he's looking for is no. He doesn't want to fight him. That's clear at this point. In his mind, he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. And that's probably true. At this point, a lot of people still think he's the best despite Manny thoroughly dominating his opponents the last few years. But there's still that cloud of doubt because Floyd is undefeated. And that's the way he wants to keep it. If he wins, oh well, he's #1, a lot of people have him up there anyway. But if he loses, I don't know if he can handle the embarrassment. Everything he is and how he goes about himself is based on his untarnished record. He'll lose respect. And I guess for some people, you can't put a price on it.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

he agreed. your boy then put up another barrier - demanded more than 50% of the purse. f*ckin ridic. at this point, pac deserves at LEAST 60%.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Mayweather and Mosley had their blood taken 2-3 weeks ahead of their fight. Pacquiao could do the same way if Mayweather is scared to fight.
    You are missing the point. Mosley agreed to a RANDOM Olympic-style blood test. That is what Floyd is lobbying for.

If you are told, "the test will be 2-3 weeks before the fight," it ceases to be random.

When Floyd and Shane were actually tested is completely beside the point. The point is that it could have been three days before the fight if the test-givers had requested it.

No one is saying that Manny will have to take a test the day before a fight. No one is saying that he takes a test a week before the fight... Or two weeks.

What Floyd wants is a truly RANDOM test that could be given (or not be given) at any point leading up to the fight. If you know when the tests are administered, it completely defeats the purpose.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    he agreed. your boy then put up another barrier - demanded more than 50% of the purse. f*ckin ridic. at this point, pac deserves at LEAST 60%.
    Why does Pac deserve 60% of the purse? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

With his last four fights, Floyd has been the most lucrative draw in PPV boxing history.

And, Manny never agreed to Olympic-style bloodtesting. When did this happen?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    With his last four fights, Floyd has been the most lucrative draw in PPV boxing history.
    DLH was the A side of their fight and after that Tyson and maybe Oscar himself have him beat on average.

And, Manny never agreed to Olympic-style bloodtesting. When did this happen?
    Both Manny and Roach have said many times on camera and print (including just last week) that they agreed to any test any time, whatever Floyd wanted. I can dig them up if you're not willing to search.