Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Thread

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    mayweather is known to cheat at the scales, he paid over $200k in that catchweight fight with marquez for excess weight (146), in a fight against a man who has previously fought over 130 twice.

pac has never tested positive for drugs, and blood testing has never been a part of commission rules

it was $1M per pound, not $10M. he has agreed to pay a fine for going overweight before.

get your facts straight kid
    it was 10 mill per pound but the reason they asked for so much is because at 1 million per pound they know mayweather would happily pay a few mill to be overweight...

I'm getting sick of seeing fans discuss buyrate, drawing power, how much money they should get, ect. This is how you know boxing is dead. Fans shouldn't be discussing the business side of boxing. What does it do for us besides makes us argue? Do we get a cut out of Manny or Floyd's check? Are they cutting us deals on the PPV price? When are they going to give back to the fans that made them PPV darlings?

Not one man is at fault here. Both of these divas need to get something worked out to give the fans what we want. It is both their faults that the modern day Ali-Fraizer has yet to happen.

Banned

Latest on the fantasy fight:

From Jenna J's Show- Episode 100, Part II (Starting at 83 min)

Some highlights:

The drug testing b.s. being settled the second time around, Floyd Sr. now demands that in addition to the previous blood testing demands, Pacquiao must consent to having members of Mayweather's camp visit him during training to observe him at any time.

"I tell my son not to fight him... I have my reason why i don't want him to fight that man"

"My son if he fights that little man, I'm concerned for my sons life"

"I can't believe Pac took out Hatton in two while my son took him out in 10 rounds."

"Pac has missiles on his hands, and if he hits you... you're going down!"

"If he dies... he dies"

Looking like Mosley and Berto are in the lead to fight Pac next, with Marquez being another possibility. Arum is playing the race card and giving into the whole 'Pac has never fought an African-American' and giving us a senior citizen abuse display. Pacquiao-Mosley next Spring
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 11-18-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Banned

Floyd = Pred Missile , Harrier and Nuke
    Pacquiao = UAV ,Pred Missile and Pavelow

Margarito = Martyrdom

Man I've been playin too much Mw2.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    wow... thats like having a pro sports team sending someone to watch the other team's practise

lol cmon now
    for real, if this statement is true thats the most asinine request ever, if true again its obvious the other side is ducking. Whats next I want to know whats Fredie Roaches gameplan is, print me a fax/email it in Adobe PDF format?

Fight isn't happening because Manny is obviously afraid of black fighters:

"Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because the styles that African-American fighters -- and I mean, black fighters from the streets or the inner cities -- would be successful," said Hopkins, according to Fanhouse.com. "I think Floyd Mayweather would pot-shot Pacquiao and bust him up in between the four-to-five punches that Pacquiao throws and then set him up later on down the line."

Pacquaio fought and defeated Joshua Clottey of Ghana earlier this year, but Hopkins discounted that win, saying "Clottey is 'black,' but not a 'black boxer' from the states with a slick style."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5820908

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Latest on the fantasy fight:

From Jenna J's Show- Episode 100, Part II (Starting at 83 min)

Some highlights:

The drug testing b.s. being settled the second time around, Floyd Sr. now demands that in addition to the previous blood testing demands, Pacquiao must consent to having members of Mayweather's camp visit him during training to observe him at any time.

"I tell my son not to fight him... I have my reason why i don't want him to fight that man"

"My son if he fights that little man, I'm concerned for my sons life"

"I can't believe Pac took out Hatton in two while my son took him out in 10 rounds."

"Pac has missiles on his hands, and if he hits you... you're going down!"

"If he dies... he dies"

Looking like Mosley and Berto are in the lead to fight Pac next, with Marquez being another possibility. Arum is playing the race card and giving into the whole 'Pac has never fought an African-American' and giving us a senior citizen abuse display. Pacquiao-Mosley next Spring

i'm going to have to take your word for it. i tried listening to the interview but i couldn't take it anymore. It hurt my brain trying to figure out wth Sr. was rambling out. Dude always sounds like he is a stumbling, slurring drunk.

I've come across crazy ass bums that sound just like this guy.
    Last edited by rezznor; 11-18-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Fight isn't happening because Manny is obviously afraid of black fighters:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5820908

The excuses are really getting thin these days, huh?

But Arum is playing into the race card excuse now and he's talking Mosley and Berto for Pac. Ridiculous

NBA rookie of the year

I remember after Floyd beat Marquez people were starting to retract their belief that Manny would just run rampant on Floyd if they fought. Then Manny faced Cotto and Clottey and that instilled the same enthusiasm in his fans until Floyd beat up Mosley whom many felt both Manny and Floyd were ducking. Then Manny faced the guy who Floyd has been given the most flack for not fighting in Antonio Margarito, and Manny has looked great, but does anyone think that Floyd wouldn't have pitched an absolute shut out against a guy as ordinary in skill as Antonio?

To me Manny has been hand fed the same makeup of opponent since moving up in weight. They have given him guys who allow Manny to make the most of his style and his speed. Diaz, ODLH(weight-drained), Hatton, Cotto, CLottey, and Margarito are all guys who come forward, and with the exception of a younger Oscar and Clottey they are all easy to hit. I will be the first to give Manny credit for looking absolutely amazing and being so tireless in training so that he could give the kind of performances he did, but these were all guys right there in front of him, and when anyone stands just right there in front of Manny they are going to lose.

Manny was basically given a punching bag that followed him around, and nobody looks faster or better on a heavybag than Manny Pacquiao. Go back and watch Pacquiao-marquez II and see Marquez either beat Manny to the punch with his right hand or take a step back to get just out of range of Manny's attack. This is from a guy who isn't even a particularly good defensive fighter, but he had a antidote to Manny's offense that looked so relentless against Morales two fights earlier, and watch Barrera go against Manny the second time. Or Jorge Solis, watch how that movement took away Manny's punch output.
    Last edited by Tarik One; 11-18-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Logically, a guy like Margarito who was 15 lbs heavier, taller, has more range and relentless in the ring trading blows should pose some challenge but Manny just casually destroyed him. I think his win was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I have no interest in a Mosley or Marquez fight. Mosley is washed up and already dominated by Floyd, and Marquez would get destroyed if the fight was at 147. Berto, although he has hasn't faced great competition, is at least in his prime and undefeated. I'd go with that or possibly Paul Williams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Logically, a guy like Margarito who was 15 lbs heavier, taller, has more range and relentless in the ring trading blows should pose some challenge but Manny just casually destroyed him. I think his win was very impressive.
    And people forget it was with 8 oz Cleto Reyes gloves, which in the hands of a 165-lber can do serious damage like we saw in round 6.

I have no interest in a Mosley or Marquez fight. Mosley is washed up and already dominated by Floyd, and Marquez would get destroyed if the fight was at 147. Berto, although he has hasn't faced great competition, is at least in his prime and undefeated. I'd go with that or possibly Paul Williams.
    I agree that Mosley is done, but at least he has the resume that warrants a retirement fund beating. Berto's record is all fluff and he's been inactive, priced himself out of a Mosley fight, and used his Haymon connection to hold up HBO for almost $2 million to fight some guy. Paul Williams, if he's not destroyed by Sergio, would be ideal for Pac at 147 or 155, but Arum doesn't seemed to thrilled about matching the 5'6" Pacquiao against the 6'2" tall w/ 82" reach Williams... but I think Manny beats Paul easier than he did Tony, but that's just my opinion.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

A Paul Williams-Pacquiao fight would NOT be competitive, in my estimation. It would be the same fight as Margarito. A guy who comes forward, tries to swarm you with punches, doesn't have a defensive gameplan to speak of and doesn't hit particularly hard... That is a recipe for disaster against Manny.

I want to see him fight a pure boxer... A guy who actually knows how to control the distance and work away from Manny's attacks. Please, no more brawlers and high-punch output guys. It is getting redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    A Paul Williams-Pacquiao fight would NOT be competitive, in my estimation. It would be the same fight as Margarito. A guy who comes forward, tries to swarm you with punches, doesn't have a defensive gameplan to speak of and doesn't hit particularly hard... That is a recipe for disaster against Manny.

I want to see him fight a pure boxer... A guy who actually knows how to control the distance and work away from Manny's attacks. Please, no more brawlers and high-punch output guys. It is getting redundant.
    Besides Floyd and Sergio Martinez (who I think is too big and would beat Pac, and will beat Paul Williams this weekend), who else is there? Shane's not really a pure boxer, so I guess Pac would have to fight one of the 140'ers, but then they won't bring in much money.

NBA rookie of the year

That's the whole point. These types are the perfect breed to make Manny look invincible. Those Margarito, Mayorga (even though he never fought him) types. However, the one guy actually of all of them that was IMO the most impressive win for Manny was against Hatton, because he actually has fast footwork and he uses angles coming in, but he couldn't overcome those huge mistakes that he makes against southpaws in particular, and Manny was the absolutely antithesis of the type of guy hatton could get away with those mistakes again. But these guys made Manny look like a non-stop punching machine with power, counter punching ability, a great chin, and great footwork. There is absolutely no way Manny will be able to execute those multiple combinations on Floyd without catching leather.

You look at some of the fighters whom Pac fought against who actually had some good skill and fight discipline such as JMM and Morales and Pac was reduced. Take that into consideration, how do you propose he'll handle Floyd who is a much sharper, smarter and technically sound fighter.