Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

That...

...would be ****ing AWESOME!

Honestly, I want to see us have a good coach for a change. I can't stand this shit. I want to see some defense, we don't contest rebounds or anything, this is horrible. Any team with better defense then us can beat us, all they need is their shots to fall.

Made that high school varsity squad earlofupstate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Honestly, I want to see us have a good coach for a change. I can't stand this shit. I want to see some defense, we don't contest rebounds or anything, this is horrible. Any team with better defense then us can beat us, all they need is their shots to fall.
    Agreed, we need someone who commands respect from his players (Doc Rivers) and is not their to worship them but make them play the right way, and if their not playing the right way, he tells them straight up that they are not cutting it. Instead of making excuses up for his players (Pringles).

NBA rookie of the year

Larry Brown's a great coach.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I dont think D'Antoni praises his players at all actually.I think he's on his high horse and the players hate him.He's clearly shown that no matter what,he's going to force his Euro style of basketball down everyones throat like a hooker on Hunt's Point.Everyone talks about Melo and Amare not winning a ring yet but neither has he.I dont get Walsh's stubborness and loyalty to a guy who hasn't proven anything on THIS continent.

As for Larry Brown,he's a gr8 X's and O's guy but he's too old school and he thinks he's still coaching college.He has no respect for players,especially young ones.He routinely has had poor interpersonal relationship with not just his star players but entire teams.That's just what we need.A guy to come clash with Melo and Stat and run them outta town.

NBA rookie of the year

Do they still actually have a lot of hookers in that area? Wasn't that, like, a 90's thing?

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I dont think D'Antoni praises his players at all actually.I think he's on his high horse and the players hate him.He's clearly shown that no matter what,he's going to force his Euro style of basketball down everyones throat like a hooker on Hunt's Point.Everyone talks about Melo and Amare not winning a ring yet but neither has he.I dont get Walsh's stubborness and loyalty to a guy who hasn't proven anything on THIS continent.
    As for Larry Brown,he's a gr8 X's and O's guy but he's too old school and he thinks he's still coaching college.He has no respect for players,especially young ones.He routinely has had poor interpersonal relationship with not just his star players but entire teams.That's just what we need.A guy to come clash with Melo and Stat and run them outta town.
    I really think some or most of our players aren't buying into the run,run,run philosophy anymore. It's not like Amar'e is 19 years old anymore, there has to be more of a half-court offense plan of attack, yes, when it's needed, play the 7SOL. MD'A's system slowly kills players throughout the season and since there is NO back-up plan behind the 7SOL system, we are f###ed in the playoffs. And Mike pretty much refuses to do anything else that's reasonable for us to succeed. This guy is a joke of a real coach.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Amar'e is the only player who likes D'antoni's system.

Anything that keeps his stats up, without having to defend is just fine with him.

Half court sets totally exposes the weakest link.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Amar'e is the only player who likes D'antoni's system.

Anything that keeps his stats up, without having to defend is just fine with him.

Half court sets totally exposes the weakest link.
    I am sure Amare wants to win and even he probably realizes that they won't do shit with D'Antoni's system.

Everyone would like to put up good stats and not do shit on defense but they know it won't win them anything.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I'm not sure if it's that Amare likes D'Antoni's system or if it's that it's pretty much all he knows.Remember,Mike has been his coach for a majority of his career + Alvin Gentry is essentially the same kinda coach.The only year he had a defensive minded coach was when Terry Porter was there that year in PHX and they canned him immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I am sure Amare wants to win and even he probably realizes that they won't do shit with D'Antoni's system.

Everyone would like to put up good stats and not do shit on defense but they know it won't win them anything.
    I'm not buying.

I can still hear Amar'e challenging his team mates to buy into this system a few games ago.

Even called it "successful."

Melo clearly could care less about this system, because it clamps down his best strength, scoring the ball.

Honestly I don't think Amar'e gives a damn on defense.

You don't have to be good on defense to get back on the play.

He is a weak side defender and your leader should not be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I'm not buying.

I can still hear Amar'e challenging his team mates to buy into this system a few games ago.

Even called it "successful."

Melo clearly could care less about this system, because it clamps down his best strength, scoring the ball.

Honestly I don't think Amar'e gives a damn on defense.

You don't have to be good on defense to get back on the play.

He is a weak side defender and your leader should not be that guy.
    It is just a show for the press.
    Even Billups talked about buying into the system and I'm sure he is the first one who doesn't like it.

When/If we get a defensive coach Amare will probably improve a lot on defense.

I didn't hear 1 player mention Mike D'A's name after we won last night. If anyone here can prove me wrong, feel free to rip me a new one.

Did anyone see the Knick fan and MD'A arguing about a foul should have been given so J Rich couldn't have made that 3? Was that one of you guys? Hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by earlofupstate
    I didn't hear 1 player mention Mike D'A's name after we won last night. If anyone here can prove me wrong, feel free to rip me a new one.
    They didn't give the coach no credit at all.

Melo doesn't even say his name.

They don't want him, it's way too obvious.