Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95

Thread: Hornets trade Peja and Bayless to Raptors for Jack, Andersen and Banks!

  1. #31
    Banned Kobe Jnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    many places
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    I would've kept Peja, he is one of your best shooters, and can come in handy.

    I also would've kept Bayless, he can score the boy and be a good back up for Chris Paul..

    Don't know much about Anderson, and Banks should be thanking D'antoni for getting him that big contract...

  2. #32
    Quality? Jasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where the Rooster first crowed
    Posts
    5,994

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Belinelli can play the 3 too

  3. #33
    Heat fan since 2010
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    LeBronville
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Bayless and Jack are basically the exact same player, but Willie Green played more than Bayless and will probably continue playing more than Jack as well.

    As for Peja? I don't know why you got him involved in the deal. I know he is basically washed up, but he is a shooter, something the Hornets didn't get in return.

    And I don't understand getting David Andersen. He isn't that much better Mbenga, and if he is, he is a lot softer.

    Looks like Hornets will play small ball from positions 1-3. Thornton to play the three? Either that or Pondexter just starts getting playing time...

  4. #34
    National High School Star AKADS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,274

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Quote Originally Posted by TDPrime2030
    Bayless and Jack are basically the exact same player, but Willie Green played more than Bayless and will probably continue playing more than Jack as well.

    As for Peja? I don't know why you got him involved in the deal. I know he is basically washed up, but he is a shooter, something the Hornets didn't get in return.

    And I don't understand getting David Andersen. He isn't that much better Mbenga, and if he is, he is a lot softer.

    Looks like Hornets will play small ball from positions 1-3. Thornton to play the three? Either that or Pondexter just starts getting playing time...
    What Jack is a bigger and a better shooter, and passer. He won't score in bunches like Bayless but I think he is a perfect b/u to Paul and could play next Paul better then Bayless.

  5. #35
    Hardwood Hero Showtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    10,924

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    lol @ the hornets looking for a reserve PG. They gave one away, and now are grasping for anybody who can come off the bench. Marco is ending up the better player for the hornets than Ariza.

  6. #36
    Learning to shoot layups
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    lol @ the hornets looking for a reserve PG. They gave one away, and now are grasping for anybody who can come off the bench. Marco is ending up the better player for the hornets than Ariza.

    you're a fool. have you watched ANY hornets games? ariza has been huge for us. hes won games with his defensive play. marco has been good, but please dont say we "gave one away" and the guy we got for him isnt producing. ariza is doing exactly what the hornets brought him here to do.

    as far as this trade, it doesnt make sense to people who dont watch the hornets, but it makes sense to fans. bayless cannot play the pg position. he just cant. we lose big leads bc of his turnovers, and lack of willingness to pass to the open shot. having a LEGIT pg backing up paul is HUGE! jack has a high bball iq, and will pass that ball. i agree that we might have gotten something bigger back for peja, but i have faith in my FO, and have a feeling banks and andersen may be used in a trade closer to the deadline.

    ALSO, thornton may be getting on the good side of monty and dell with his improved defensive play, so any scoring we lose with peja, we can gain in boatloads if thornton starts to play. which he will.

  7. #37
    Hardwood Hero Showtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    10,924

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Quote Originally Posted by hkc
    you're a fool. have you watched ANY hornets games? ariza has been huge for us. hes won games with his defensive play. marco has been good, but please dont say we "gave one away" and the guy we got for him isnt producing.
    When did I say Ariza didn't produce? What I said was that Marco is the best addition to the team. I will concede that, at the very least, he's helping the team as much as Ariza, and that's still a bad sign for the Ariza trade.

    ariza is doing exactly what the hornets brought him here to do.
    And that's my problem. You don't make that trade for a defensive role player who can occasionally spot up for 3.

    as far as this trade, it doesnt make sense to people who dont watch the hornets, but it makes sense to fans.
    I am a hornet fan. And this trade does make sense, which is why I'm pissed. They wouldn't have had to go searching for a PG if they didn't do the Ariza deal in the first place. Now, they are looking for anybody who can come off the bench to replace Paul and produce, because Bayless can't. And now they will try to see if Jack will be able to do it. I'm not against this trade. I'm just pissed that they put themselves in this position to have to do this deal in the first place. IMO, they would have been in a better position if the Ariza deal never happened.

    They would have had Collison off the bench, Thornton and Quincy will have played more minutes, Marco would still be balling, and they could have used Peja's deal to get a better wing or big upgrade.

  8. #38
    Slasher Sroek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    810

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Awesome deal for the Hornets.

    People saying LOL WHY PEJA!!!11 don't even follow the NBA. Peja is useless in the current Hornets rotation, he's washed up. Bayless has potential but does nothing for NOH right now. Jarrett Jack is the real steal in this deal.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    cloud 9, LA
    Posts
    243

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Hornets get rolled. They should have held out for Iggy.

  10. #40
    Where OJ Mayo Happens mayo'sgrizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the gym
    Posts
    698

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    damn i thought bayless was a good fit in NOH. well raptors got a good young player

  11. #41
    Hardwood Hero Showtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    10,924

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    Awesome deal for the Hornets.

    People saying LOL WHY PEJA!!!11 don't even follow the NBA. Peja is useless in the current Hornets rotation, he's washed up. Bayless has potential but does nothing for NOH right now. Jarrett Jack is the real steal in this deal.
    Peja is a 15 mil expiring deal with a new CBA deal coming up. He's more valuable than Jack. I guess you don't even follow the NBA.

  12. #42
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,520

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Not a bad move. Saves the Hornets money and they still have a PG behind Paul with Jack. Toronto gets Bayless, who could blossom with having the reins of a team.

  13. #43
    Shit just got serious Batz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,699

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Wow, we gave up Jack? What the fuck? Now Jose is back to a starter? Oh fucking wow...

  14. #44
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,520

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Wow, we gave up Jack? What the fuck? Now Jose is back to a starter? Oh fucking wow...
    I would think Bayless would start. It would seem that's why Toronto made the trade. Otherwise, kind of a bad move if they don't really try to give Bayless some burn.

  15. #45
    3-time NBA All-Star chazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Raptor - Hornet Trade


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •