Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: If the Spurs keep this up I don't see the Lakers winning the West

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei
    They are one game ahead of the Lakers with similarly easy schedule. Way to make overreactions.
    fail no ones schedule is as easy as the lakers

Banned

They're the biggest threats out west sure but in no way should they be considered Favorites

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I would love for the WCF to be right now. I would like our chances against the Lakers.

But since it's at the end of a long season, and those minutes are in those older legs come playoffs, lets try not to get ahead of ourselves.

Banned

These guys are rolling and they're beating good teams convincingly.

Spurs are in for a reality check when they face the lakers

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Spurs are in for a reality check when they face the lakers
    And I'm sure if the Spurs win against them, it'll be, "it's just a regular season game", right?

It's sad that you're are incapable of giving other teams credit at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    And I'm sure if the Spurs win against them, it'll be, "it's just a regular season game", right?

They are good. Just not good enough for the Lakers. Thread name says Lakers wont make it out west.

Arcadia, CA

im sure the spurs will challenge the lakers though

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal

Yes. Not because I don't give them credit because I do...but the Spurs and Lakers have met so many times in the playoffs. The outcome of these regular season games don't matter much when you look at the bigger picture. They could sweep us in the regular season for all I care.

The Spurs are looking crisp right now. For me, the most impressive thing about San Antonio is the fact that they seem to always find the great draft picks, even LATER in the draft. They have a nice blend of veterans, and youth on that team. They pick up dudes that fit their squad PERFECTLY, and they always believe and buy into Pop's vision of a ball club. They're clicking pretty well right now, and will improve as well.

With that being said, im not quiiiiiiite sure yet if I'd take San Antonio in a series against LA.....but i wouldnt ENTIRELY toss them to the side either.

I'd like to see the Spurs throughout the season. So far, so good.

Good college starter

Odds are the Lakers will beat them again. Kobe will go bananas and unstopable against the Spurs like always. Parker will get molested by the Lakers defense.

Lakers just hired Eva Longoria as part time cheer leader...just for days when San Antonio shows up.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

It's all about Manu. If the Spurs stay healthy and Manu plays at a high level, they can beat anyone. Those two things just haven't happened since 2007.

Banned

I am praying the Mavs play them in the postseason and the refs remember everything that happened when they played last time in the playoffs. Karma is a *****.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    I am praying the Mavs play them in the postseason and the refs remember everything that happened when they played last time in the playoffs. Karma is a *****.
    So you want the Mavs to be swept.