Default Re: Erick Dampier close to signing with the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    That is far from obvious at this stage.
    Rondo+O'neals
    Deron+okay Millsap is a power forward
    Conley+Gasol/Z-bo
    CP3+David West/Emeka

Notice something?
    the 3 best point guards with capable bigs won.
    And an improving guard won with a couple all star worthy bigs won.

It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    He's been to the playoff twice.

The Miami heat have beaten the Magic, are Nelson and Dwight not legit?
    Fine I'll give you the exception of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    The Celtics fairly easily beat the Heat. Orlando got destroyed I admit that. But imagine if teams like the Grizzlies are giving the Heat trouble who while talented, are underachievers, and literally EVERY team is gunning for them and to try and beat them. Imagine what the Lakers will do?

I think the Heat are contenders this year, but this signing isn't OMG game changer. And their defense has been getting worse as the season has gone on. And I haven't really noticed a change in chemistry. It goes from being weird on offense to Cleveland ball. That doesn't help you win a title. I think they'll obviously get the kinks worked out. But by the time they get back Mike Miller, they then have to get used to Haslem being back on the roster. and getting back in the rotation which will cause another slight but noticable disruption in chemistry. I just don't see them winning it this year. Obviously having Wade can help you win any and every series, but I don't think they have the right pieces to win it all this year.

Next year's the year.
    The Heat almost won both games against Celtics. They lost by 8 the first game depite a horror first half and 5 the next time in a close contest.

The chemistry issues on offence can't be judged for a few months, but I expect positive improvement due to the nature of the players.

The Heat almost won both games against Celtics. They lost by 8 the first game depite a horror first half and 5 the next time in a close contest.

The chemistry issues on offence can't be judged for a few months, but I expect positive improvement due to the nature of the players.
    The Celtics ****ed up and let them come back in the first. And the Celtics played defense when it mattered. the fact is they lost. an L is an L.

I totally expect improvement on offense, if they're fully committed to winning they will improve. the only thing that can stop that is their egos.

This should've happened in September... better late than never though... btw, Magloire is probably gonna be waived, right?

btw, lol at all the Heat hate... it's not like Miami is signing him expecting him to be a future piece of the franchise, he's just a stop gap until they get a legit center next summer

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Rondo+O'neals
    Deron+okay Millsap is a power forward
    Conley+Gasol/Z-bo
    CP3+David West/Emeka

Notice something?

It's a fact.

Let me Burst your delusions
    1st of all - Deron Williams didnt beat the Heat. Paul Milsap just had a career Night.
    2:Conley is not a good Point guard, Gay and Randolph played well, wade was missing and haslem got injured...
    3:Why didnt Nash destroy us.
    4: Jameer Nelson and dwight got destroyed.

5: We've played poorly against boston, especially wade. if wade scores 20 Pts in any of the Games, we win both. Not worried about this, he won't keep sucking against them. And i like our chances in a series if it comes down to it.

Still have more bullshit up your sleeves ??? . ..

Rondo+O'neals Close games
    Deron+okay Millsap is a power forward Should have won but lucky 3's and a very lucky putback to tie
    Conley+Gasol/Z-bo No wade or haslem
    CP3+David West/Emeka Leagues hottest team at home and very close game

Notice something?

It's a fact.
    I notice that as per bolded, this is poor evidence that its a major issue.
    It's a fact they Heat lost those games, but there were specific reasons those games were lost, its not as simple as good PG and good bigman = loss. Surely you dont think that.

They also slaughtered Devin Harris and Brook Lopez so that equation is worthless.

Banned

They only came back because of the refs. They got embarrassed both games, especially Wade who didn't even showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    They only came back because of the refs. They got embarrassed both games, especially Wade who didn't even showed up.
    Which is suprising because in the playoffs Wade played best against the Celtics if you were to compare him to Kobe and Lebron.

The Celtics ****ed up and let them come back in the first. And the Celtics played defense when it mattered. the fact is they lost. an L is an L.

I totally expect improvement on offense, if they're fully committed to winning they will improve. the only thing that can stop that is their egos.
    A loss is a loss and a close game is a close game.
    You LOLed at someone stating Heat hang with the Celtics.
    I am simply proving that Heat already hang with the Celtics and there is much room for improvement.

it's not because of the refs you dufus, getting to the Freethrow line is a key element to our success. Wade/bron/Bosh know how to draw fouls.. it's in our teams DNA..
    Last edited by ashbelly; 11-22-2010 at 07:10 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Randolph raping Bosh was the final straw for Riley I guess.

Wrong. They got embarrassed in the first half of the first game when Wade had not even practiced with the team, and teh rest was competitive.

Heat hate has gone beyond facts and logic around here.

I notice that as per bolded, this is poor evidence that its a major issue.
    It's a fact they Heat lost those games, but there were specific reasons those games were lost, its not as simple as good PG and good bigman = loss. Surely you dont think that.

They also slaughtered Devin Harris and Brook Lopez so that equation is worthless.
    Devin Harris has always been overrated, and Lopez is having a down year.

Did Millsap have a career game? Absolutely but that's the NBA and it happens. And I can't confirm it yet but basically it looks like this if you look at their win-loss record.
    If you have a good point guard, and good big men, you're gonna win 5 outta 6 times(Orlando the exception) So maybe it's just if you're a pass first point guard. I don't know. There's not enough games to say. But once they've played the Mavericks, Bulls, Spurs, hell a healthy Houston might be able to do it. Then I think we'll know for sure. Because they've already played the 3 best points, and lost all 4 times.

Maybe the correct theory is Great point guard+good big men=win. Not good at both or great big men/good point guard.

Also Haslem played almost the 3/4 of the game.And they were losing when he went down so it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Randolph raping Bosh was the final straw for Riley I guess.
    Yeah, also haslem getting injured..