Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spoelstra calls out LeBron in front of Teammates: "I Can't Tell When You're Serious"

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    In the police interview? yea ... and it was an off handed comment. LOL @ people calling it snitching. He wasn't trying to get someone in trouble. Those police interviews aren't even supposed to see the light of day. It was leaked because of his celebrity.

No, Kobe is clearly a really mentally tough person. To go what he went through in a three year stretch, and have the balls to show up on the court and perform, at a high level no less?

That takes heart, my dude.

He made basketball his sanctuary and took his aggressions out on the game it self.

LeBron ... he whines and posts on twitter.

LOL @ "Stern having Kobe's back" and not LeBrons. If one were to believe such an asinine conspiracy, it would be the total opposite.
    Mentally tough my ass. I give Kobe his props but that's where it stops. Even if he didn't mean to do any harm, he still opened his mouth when he shouldn't have. Speaking on another mans personal situation like that is a no-no. IDK...but that's snitching to me. Just because it was supposed to be private means nothing. Not that it matters now but still....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Spoelstra calls out LeBron in front of Teammates: "I Can't Tell When You're Serious"

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Mentally tough my ass. I give Kobe his props but that's where it stops. Even if he didn't mean to do any harm, he still opened his mouth when he shouldn't have. Speaking on another mans personal situation like that is a no-no. IDK...but that's snitching to me. Just because it was supposed to be private means nothing. Not that it matters now but still....
    oh no, Colorado got brought into this discussion? how??? its not relevant, is it?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    What does that have to deal with the extreme mental toughness it takes to play through the off court situation he was handling?

I don't consider that snitching. He didn't announce it to the world. He made an off handed remark, in a highly stressful interview with police, who are insinuating he raped a young female.

You don't see how someone could slip up and say something they may regret in a situation like that? He said "I should pay my woman like Shaq does" ... if you read the actual interview, police were trying to sound casual as hell with him. He said something he shouldn't have ... or not got as specific as he did. But it sure as hell isn't snitching. Kobe didn't say ... hey, Shaq is doing something illegal, go arrest him. He wasn't saying what he said to break up Shaq's marriage.

The only reason Shaq found out was because the interview was leaked to the public via the smoking gun.

You saw what happened to Tiger Woods? Wilted under his off the court issues.

Kobe played well through out his extreme off the court issues. Dude was possibly facing a life in prison while going out there and hitting game winners on the Nuggets, hearing vicious personal comments every stadium he went to ...

You kidding me? Bryant is the definition of mental toughness as it pertains to basketball. That's why he's a killer. Thats why he will continue to shoot even when he's missing, cause he knows it will eventually fall. It's that same mental toughness that allows someone to go out and score 81, etc.

F uck outta here dude ... Kobe is the very defintion of mental toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    oh no, Colorado got brought into this discussion? how??? its not relevant, is it?

Yes, it is relevant.

What does that have to deal with the extreme mental toughness it takes to play through the off court situation he was handling?

I don't consider that snitching. He didn't announce it to the world. He made an off handed remark, in a highly stressful interview with police, who are insinuating he raped a young female.

You don't see how someone could slip up and say something they may regret in a situation like that? He said "I should pay my woman like Shaq does" ... if you read the actual interview, police were trying to sound casual as hell with him. He said something he shouldn't have ... or not got as specific as he did. But it sure as hell isn't snitching. Kobe didn't say ... hey, Shaq is doing something illegal, go arrest him. He wasn't saying what he said to break up Shaq's marriage.

The only reason Shaq found out was because the interview was leaked to the public via the smoking gun.

Kobe played well through out his extreme off the court issues. Dude was possibly facing a life in prison while going out there and hitting game winners on the Nuggets, hearing vicious personal comments every stadium he went to ...

You kidding me? Bryant is the definition of mental toughness as it pertains to basketball. That's why he's a killer. Thats why he will continue to shoot even when he's missing, cause he knows it will eventually fall. It's that same mental toughness that allows someone to go out and score 81, etc.

Holy shit you love Kobe huh? Bruh it's not that serious. He's a tough guy. I get that. I understand and, for the most part, agree with that. However, in my book, his comment about Shaq was snitching. It has nothing to do with shit being illegal or whatever. Whether you meant harm or not, you are unnecessarily exposing someone elses dirt. I used to do that shit frequently as a kid and cats would call me a snitch. I'm not talking about some crazy illegal shit lol but still. I would deny it all day until I realized one thing...that info wasn't supposed to come out and I knew it.

Once again, it doesn't matter what your intentions are. He knew that shit wasn't supposed to get out and said it anyway. You can miss me with that "highly stressful" interview BS. I supported Kobe through that whole thing but please...IMO you can't use the stress it caused as an excuse to mention something about another mans personal life. That shit had NOTHING to do with him!

And to the homo who negged me, Samurai or SoCalMike, whoever...grow up and get a life. It's called a ****ing opinion. If it wasn't yall, forgive me...but this "troll hunter" shit is immature as hell.

Local High School Star

It's pretty easy to play ball when you have off-court situations. The court is the only place you can really get away from it.

Not that I'm downing on Kobe... just saying.

Local High School Star

Holy f*cking sh*t this guy's post.

Yeah, it really takes extreme mental toughness to play through a situation in which YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG. Something that you or I would be IN JAIL for, and rightfully so. GTFO of here with that BS. Kobe was possibly facing life in prison BECAUSE HE COMMITTED A CRIME. Get it? Do you feel sorry for everyone else in this world who commit crimes and have to balance their day to day lives with court appearances? Do you consider all of them mentally tough as well? Like the old saying goes: "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time". The people who are the victims of violent crimes are the ones who are mentally tough. They're the ones who have to suffer the emotional stress of having to incorporate court appearances into their lives.

And if you can't see how what Kobe said was snitching on Shaq, then I don't know what to tell you. He tried to deflect attention from himself by bringing up something he had no business speaking on.

Ever since Lebron's "decision" this guy Samarai Swoosh has been non stop swinging from Kobe's d*ck. It's rather pathetic. He tries to defend Kobe for DOING SOMETHING WRONG, when the worst Lebron's done is sign with another team when his contract was up. Yes, Lebron was a little whiny b*tch on twitter, but that's a lack of maturity. Raping a woman? That says a lot more about your mental state than just immaturity.

@ SoCalMike, this guy Samarai Swoosh, a Kobe n*thugger, brought up Colorado. And no, it doesn't pertain to this discussion.

Banned

Lol. Kobe fans all over this thread. Fun times.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

are you serious? kobe wilted more than any star athlete ever has. do the 04 finals ring a bell? the worst star performance i can remember in any sport in the championships. LOL.

definition of mental toughness? thats just laughable.

I didn't wanna create another Heat thread...Anyways didn't Wade say that Spoelstra was his guy during the off-season?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Where have you been since July? Dude acted like a girl on twitter by re-posting hate mail trying to earn sympathy points. The Nike commercial? Complaining recently about how suprised he is about how many boos he recieves EVERYWHERE he goes. Kid is a whiny little girl.

Just to incite a reaction wink, wink

You didn't see Kobe crying when he was being ACCUSED and going to TRIAL for rape, and hearing lude personal comments everywhere he went in 2004, and 2005. He didn't say I'm the victim in Nike ads. He didn't post on facebook or twitter. He went out and hit GAME WINNERS as vindication.

It's all about how mentally strong one is. LeBron is not that. Go bite your nails, b i t c h

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    are you serious? kobe wilted more than any star athlete ever has. do the 04 finals ring a bell? the worst star performance i can remember in any sport in the championships. LOL.

definition of mental toughness? thats just laughable.

EH......Let me stop the stupidity right there....how many players in the NBA who are currently playing have 5 championship rings?????

2 RIGHT? KOBE and DFish.......it's all about the rings!!!
    Why anyone would be dumb enough to troll and insinuate Kobe can't get it done in the playoffs....so stupid its funny.

When was the last time your Spurs didn't choke in the playoffs????

You got no ammo in your lame argument!!!!

The Holy Trinity

Having been a high school teacher and a young high school teacher, I can sympathize with what Spoelstra is going through. He needs to demonstrate that he has authority-- even over the "coolest" kids or he'll get walked on. At the same time, he has to worry whether his presence itself has enough stature that those kids-- and the ones that look up to them-- will accept his assertion of authority and respect him for it.