Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe will win the MVP and scoring title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Do people not downplay everything Kobe does?

Kobe wins 3 titles early in his career, "he rode Shaqs coattails"
    Kobe wins scoring titles, "hes a ballhog chucker and his team didn't win anything."
    Kobe wins MVP, "Chris Paul should have got it"
    Kobe wins 2 FMVP, "Hes not even the best player on his team"

Looks like a topic to me.

Now if Kobe happens to win another scoring title and MVP,

how will people try to downplay it like they do all of his achievements?

We won't, he will make it easier for us by not doing his shit flawless. There is always something that he does that ****s up his achievement.. Like his MVP, everybody and their mama swears that CP3 should've got it, his back 2 back Finals MVP performance broke records for the worst shooting in history eversince the award was introduced in the league, his 1st 3 rings are questionable because of playing with Shaq, he had a chance to redeem himself when shaq was gone, Gasol came through and we constantly hear how gasol made this team a Championship team..

Basically it's not people criticising his stuff, it's that he's achievements always have an asterisk besides them, they are not Flawless like jordans/lebron/Wade. I know i'll get alot of Negs for this but, it is what it is.
    Last edited by ashbelly; 12-04-2010 at 07:30 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    We won't, he will make it easier for us by not doing his shit flawless. There is always something that he does that ****s up his achievement.. Like his MVP, everybody and their mama swears that CP3 should've got it, his back 2 back Finals MVP performance broke records for the worst shooting in history eversince the award introduced in the league, his 1st 3 rings are questionable because of plying with Shaq, he had a chance to redeem himself when shaq was gone, Gasol came through and we constantly hear how gasol made this team a Championship team..

Basically it's not people criticising his stuff, it's that he's achievements always have an asterisk besides them, they are not Flawless like jordans/lebron. I know i'll get alot of Negs for this but, it is what it is.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Then why's he taking so many shots?
    he's averaging less this year than last... he's had 5 seasons where he has averaged more FGA's then he is so far this season
    Last edited by gts; 12-04-2010 at 07:34 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

We won't, he will make it easier for us by not doing his shit flawless. There is always something that he does that ****s up his achievement.. Like his MVP, everybody and their mama swears that CP3 should've got it, his back 2 back Finals MVP performance broke records for the worst shooting in history eversince the award was introduced in the league, his 1st 3 rings are questionable because of playing with Shaq, he had a chance to redeem himself when shaq was gone, Gasol came through and we constantly hear how gasol made this team a Championship team..

Basically it's not people criticising his stuff, it's that he's achievements always have an asterisk besides them, they are not Flawless like jordans/lebron/Wade. I know i'll get alot of Negs for this but, it is what it is.
    What a bunch of shit

-kobe averaged 30/7/6 on 56% TS in their dominating 01 performance 27/5/5+, etc. during that first 3 peat which are the best performances by a perimeter player in the playoffs this whole decade. He also was the main go to guy in the clutch for their runs. People were'nt comparing him to jordan back than for nothing. Dude was a top 3 player in the league back then.

-lol at you if you think kobe doesn't deserve an mvp award. Even his biggest haters have him in the top ten all time list which pretty much requires an mvp.

-And if you think gasol has had a bigger impact on his last two rings than he has you're an idiot. Watching the boston series alone would tell you that the opposing team's defensive coach didn't think so at all.

Decent college freshman

he's averaging less this year than last... he's had 5 seasons where he has averaged more FGA's then he is so far this season
    he's shooting more per minute than he has in any season in his career, besides the year he scored 35ppg.

lol @ kobe winning mvp. with that roster the only chance he deserves to even be in the discussion is if pau gets injured, misses 40 games, and bryant leads them to 65 wins.

The Lakers are too deep unless they win 68 games.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Shep and Big Smoke,

did rosters and teammates hurt the chances for every other MVP winner in the history of the sport?

Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Scott, etc.
    Bird had Mchale, Parrish, Johnson, etc.
    Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Grant, etc.

Why does Kobe have to be the only player in history to win an MVP with Smush, Kwame and Brian Cook for it to be valid?

All we've heard the last 5-6 years about MVP,

"top 4 seed"
    "50 wins"
    "best player on best team"

Now, none of that matters?

What is your criteria for MVP?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

i don't really agree that kobe's titles with shaq should have and asterisk. kobe was key for all of them and they would not have won without him. he was better than just a normal 2nd option. all you have to say is this:
    "shaq was the best player on those title teams"

thats a fact. but kobe's play and contributions were fantastic for the most part not counting the nba finals.

kobe deserved the mvp in 08. did paul deserve it as well? sure. but kobe's year was great and kobe is the better overall player. i have no problem with that.

so i don't really agree with this post. but i do agree that kobe has put together this great career/resume without playing the game at the extremely high level that most of the other greats in the top ten have. thats why i have him at 10 or 11 all time. his level of play is just not up there and neither is his impact. i just don't see how kobe could win a title without having an uber loaded supporting cast and an all time great coach.

but you are right. it is what it is. let the negging begin. LOL

lol @ this flawless shit.

I don't recall any player winning every game or making every shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    i don't really agree that kobe's titles with shaq should have and asterisk. kobe was key for all of them and they would not have won without him. he was better than just a normal 2nd option. all you have to say is this:
    "shaq was the best player on those title teams"

thats a fact. but kobe's play and contributions were fantastic for the most part not counting the nba finals.

kobe deserved the mvp in 08. did paul deserve it as well? sure. but kobe's year was great and kobe is the better overall player. i have no problem with that.

so i don't really agree with this post. but i do agree that kobe has put together this great career/resume without playing the game at the extremely high level that most of the other greats in the top ten have. thats why i have him at 10 or 11 all time. his level of play is just not up there and neither is his impact. i just don't see how kobe could win a title without having an uber loaded supporting cast and an all time great coach.

but you are right. it is what it is. let the negging begin. LOL

Name one title team without great role players or "uber talented" players.

Name one title team with an Erik Spo as their coach.

Shep and Big Smoke,

did rosters and teammates hurt the chances for every other MVP winner in the history of the sport?

Why does Kobe have to be the only player in history to win an MVP with Smush, Kwame and Brian Cook for it to be valid?

"top 4 seed"
    "50 wins"

ol. none of that matter if his level of play and impact was greater. its that simple. there is no formula. the best player on the best team just usually is having an amazing year.

do you really think kobe deserves the award if the lakers have the best record and kobe's level of play does not improve?

come on.

spurs in 03

rockets in 94.

owned.

Shep and Big Smoke,

"top 4 seed"
    "50 wins"

Magic got all of his MVP after Kareem hit 40 years old. You are looking at the MVP award as a way to add more bragging rights about Kobe than what it actually stand for. The Lakers are loaded with another top 10 players thats worthy of an MVP award by many and so far not playing what being said on paper. Of course that could and i think WILL change. I do believe that Kobe is a better player but i think Dwight is more "valuable" to the Magics than Kobe to to his Lakers team so far this season. Same goes to Chris Paul.

plenty of teams have won titles with what the 08 lakers had. plenty. and the lakers were crushed in that series.

kobe needed even more. he needed ariza to develop and then he needed the artest addition.

and that is fine and would be fine if kobe's level of play was higher. but when the dude shoots 40% for his career in the finals and has played pretty bad in 04/08/10.....you have to start looking at his team strength.

if kobe was shooting 48% and coming up huge in key moments in the nba finals and winning them all. nobody would talk about his team. its that simple.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    spurs in 03

rockets in 94.

owned.

Your saying they '03 Spurs and '94 Rockets didn't have great role players and "uber talented" players?

Popovich and Rudy T are on coach Spo's level?

I think you just owned yourself.