Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Miller suspended one game for pushing Blake Griffen

The NBA needs more pushing and shoving and dirty tactics such as this. They let guys like KG get away with it, why not let everyone else?

To me, this is the sign of decay in the NBA.

most clippers fans in this thread have no idea what boxing out is. those blake griffin pushes were fouls. that said, andre overreacted to the extreme.

So a blatant foul was missed during live action, but got reviewed and someone got suspended because of it? How often has this happened? I can't believe they missed that

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    most clippers fans in this thread have no idea what boxing out is. those blake griffin pushes were fouls. that said, andre overreacted to the extreme.
    It wasn't an overreaction. Griffin just needed a reminder that he's not at the level yet where he can use dirty tricks against respected vets without consequences.

Griffin seems like a reasonably bright guy, he'll get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    It wasn't an overreaction.
    I'm guessing Miller's audition for the Winterhawks went well, then.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    Pansy, huh?

Andre Miller may be quiet but he grew up in the 'hood, unlike Blake Griffin, who was always protected by his middle class parents.

Everybody should read this story on Miller:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/magazi...o23miller.html
    I know Andre Miller. Believe me, he was a failure for my team the years I had so much hope.

He was still a pansy with what he did. If he took Griffin straight up in front of his face that would be a different story. But to cheap shot him is worse than not saying anything to him at all.

And lol, I agree what Griffin did was a foul.. Andre did overreact but Griffin was still more than physical enough to pick up a foul, I understand that.. But dude, if stuff like that pisses off Andre Miller enough to want to injure people (and lose his cool like that), then I'm sorry but he has no place in this league.

He's fighting a big man (Blake freaking Griffin, no less..) for a rebound. Of course he's going to get manhandled going in the paint with 6'10 guys.. Griffin could have accidentally stepped on the guy. Obviously if it gets physical, GET OUT OF THE PAINT. Miller's been a great post up PG in his years.. He's very powerfully built and uses his body well in the paint, but no amount of strength he can muster will get him to win a battle with Griffin down there, let alone most NBA starting small forwards.

Any malicious intent should be/will be reviewed and punished. You can't intend to hurt another player ON PURPOSE. That's not fair to the team's fans nor is it fair to the player. Griffin doesn't deserve an injury. He was playing basketball. He plays too physical like that? He'll get fouls. Let the refs handle the job, not your "mojo". Talk to Griffin AFTER the game, hell, talk to him DURING it. Don't run behind him and tackle him while he's not looking just to gain self-satisfaction.

National High School Star

I pretty much dont care about the push. This play just show how much the refs suck in the nba. They call a gazillion bogus charging foul, players flopping left and right and a ton of whistles. then you'll see miller running like a freight train running over blake and not even a foul was called

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jimmyzegg's Avatar

Griffin got away with 2 fouls. Whatever, it happens in every game. Should it be like that? Probably not, but Miller obviously overreacted.

This crap about Miller "sending a message" is bullshit. He's a pu$$y ***** that got frustrated so he acted like a coward and tackled Griffin when he wasn't even looking.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I know it's a Blake Griffin lovefest on this forum, but from what I've seen, he's a great player obviously, but he seems to be arrogant out on the court, he seems to taunt people as well at times, and plays dirty. Just my stupid opinion.
    Kobe, CP3, KG, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Deron Williams, Dirk, Manu, AKA all the best players right now are arrogant dirty players, it is part of the game and I dont know why casual fans haven't accepted it yet

yea, that suspension was deserved.

Blake's pushes were normal rebound position shoves. Sometimes those get called, sometimes they don't. Doesn't matter though b/c though kinds of pushes happen all the time. There are probably at least 20 or so just like what Blake did in every single game that go without a whistle. Maybe more.

Dre's was a straight up attack. He wasn't battling for position. He wasn't going for the ball. He wasn't cutting the basket. He just straight up rammed Blake when he wasn't looking. That's a weak sauce punk move.

Sorry Blazers fans, your boy lost his head and f-ed up.
    Last edited by kentatm; 12-07-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    those kinds of pushes happen all the time. There are probably at least 20 or so just like what Blake did in every single game that go without a whistle. Maybe more.
    Is that true though? I never notice that.

Also, if it's so common, why would Miller be so upset? Guy's a veteran. It don't make sense.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Is that true though? I never notice that.

Also, if it's so common, why would Miller be so upset? Guy's a veteran. It don't make sense.
    Cause it was a rookie doing it to him...

And probably frustration from losing the lead and all the emotion building up from the stuff going on in the game. He's an idiot.

Serious playground baller MrJohnWall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    blake made dirty plays? wtf? he was fighting for position inside.
    fighting for postion? what?

do you even watch basketball? shoves to the back is not how u fight for position

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Cause it was a rookie doing it to him...

And probably frustration from losing the lead and all the emotion building up from the stuff going on in the game. He's an idiot.
    Nah, if that kind of thing happens all the time every single game, it won't make sense that he's so upset by it. And Portland still winning by 12 when it happened.