Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant, Chasing History!

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    lol I went by minutes played jackass not years. And then I used a ratio of minutes played to misses and jordan's ratio is worse. There's no refuting this. Obviously jordan was a better player than kobe but if you ant to talk about bricks he would put up more in a relative or given amount of time.
    what a troll...
    do you think kobe could shoot the balll all the time in his first years? so your ratio minutes by shot misses is totally biased.

how do you do to be so stupid??

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    lol I went by minutes played jackass not years. And then I used a ratio of minutes played to misses and jordan's ratio is worse. There's no refuting this. Obviously jordan was a better player than kobe but if you ant to talk about bricks he would put up more in a relative or given amount of time.
    I think necya meant that Kobe had a smaller role early, so his FGA per 36 is much lower than it usually is. Your point still technically stands I guess.. I saw someone else just use years which isn't as accurate because Jordan missed 60+ games one year. Though all of this is just meaningless banter anyway

Good statwork to whoever did the OP too, that takes a lot of time. I never really looked up those stats between wins an losses.. you can see a similar efficiency drop off in other players as well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by necya
    what a troll...
    do you think kobe could shoot the balll all the time in his first years? so your ratio minutes by shot misses is totally biased.

how do you do to be so stupid??
    alright at the bolded thats just comedy gold

Now for your main point, he played way less minutes in his first years.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

Lebron will surely be THE KING of Bricks when it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
    Almost there...someone, quick, mention LeBron!
    Lebron is way to reliant on that headband of his. He simply cannot play without it. There's no way he can be as dominant as his Cleveland days without a headband. And there's no way he can win alot of championships with a headband

You look at the greatest players of all time. Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan etc.

Basically these are guys who won alot. But what was there secret? No headbands. Now this rule doesn't apply to everyone, but generally players who wear no headbands are considered the best of their time. It's not being biased against headwear gear, because it looks good on certain players, but it's because there's a supernatural power in this world that doesn't favour these players. Not god or anything, but something quite like it. Something I can't explain.

Can you name anyone who wore a headband and was succesful? Wilt? Right, put up dominating stats but came short in personal accolades. Iverson? That didn't go well either. Oh and look Carmelo, nothing working out for him either. Pierce got the finals mvp, but Ray deserved it over him. Jermaine O'neal, put him on the list. Dirk wore headband for a while, stupid mistake. Kobe wore a headband for a game or two, outcame rape charges. He learned his lesson. Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace, 'coulda woulda shoulda'. I think I've seen Scot Pip with a headband, explains alot.

Take Carter for example. Was doing just fine in Toronto, till he went over to the Nets and started wearing a headband and everything went downhill from there. Ouch.

I can keep going, but I think you've heard enough of people who have underperformed because of wearing a headband.

This will be the story of Lebron's career. The truth here is inevitable. He could try playing without a headband, but history has already embedded the thought of him with a headband that gets thicker and thicker each year because of a residing hairline. Honestly, that's some serious shit. He has an excuse, but people like Kobe or Jordan didn't wear a headband because of balding. They shaved everything off. Lebron's just turning 26, if he was in cleveland he could shave it. But since he is in Miami, the rules do not apply there just by going off laws of physics.

I'm sorry Lebron fans, at this point it's too late. Especially for Heat fans. I suggest trading him for somewhat who's similitude. Maybe a three team deal in which Miami lands Iguodola and a nice young center like Bynum. Lebron at this point is completely useless to them.
    Last edited by Batz; 12-08-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Wow Batz, you put alot into that. bravo.

Made that high school varsity squad MJ23forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Kobe homers make me want to puke.
    The obsessive Kobe homers are annoying but the haters are just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Wow Batz, you put alot into that. bravo.
    Thanks. Didn't take too long to type up because everything was really the top of my head.

Just to add more players to the list

Lamar Odom. Wore a headband countless times. Had potential to be a 23/10/6 and more kinda guy. No explanation needed on what happened to him.

T-Mac played alot of games with a headband in Houston.

Rondo being smart, ditching the headband early. Nice work young fella. He's probably praying D. Rose wears a headband...

Alot of other players. Feel free to add on to the list people.

Really the only player that I can think of that won with the headband was Big Ben.

Really the only player that I can think of that won with the headband was Big Ben.
    He doesn't always wear a headband though. Besides, where does a guy like him rank in this decade, let alone all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Lebron is way to reliant on that headband of his. He simply cannot play without it. There's no way he can be as dominant as his Cleveland days without a headband. And there's no way he can win alot of championships with a headband

You look at the greatest players of all time. Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan etc.

Basically these are guys who won alot. But what was there secret? No headbands. Now this rule doesn't apply to everyone, but generally players who wear no headbands are considered the best of their time. It's not being biased against headwear gear, because it looks good on certain players, but it's because there's a supernatural power in this world that doesn't favour these players. Not god or anything, but something quite like it. Something I can't explain.

Can you name anyone who wore a headband and was succesful? Wilt? Right, put up dominating stats but came short in personal accolades. Iverson? That didn't go well either. Oh and look Carmelo, nothing working out for him either. Pierce got the finals mvp, but Ray deserved it over him. Jermaine O'neal, put him on the list. Dirk wore headband for a while, stupid mistake. Kobe wore a headband for a game or two, outcame rape charges. He learned his lesson. Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace, 'coulda woulda shoulda'. I think I've seen Scot Pip with a headband, explains alot.

Take Carter for example. Was doing just fine in Toronto, till he went over to the Nets and started wearing a headband and everything went downhill from there. Ouch.

I can keep going, but I think you've heard enough of people who have underperformed because of wearing a headband.

This will be the story of Lebron's career. The truth here is inevitable. He could try playing without a headband, but history has already embedded the thought of him with a headband that gets thicker and thicker each year because of a residing hairline. Honestly, that's some serious shit. He has an excuse, but people like Kobe or Jordan didn't wear a headband because of balding. They shaved everything off. Lebron's just turning 26, if he was in cleveland he could shave it. But since he is in Miami, the rules do not apply there just by going off laws of physics.

I'm sorry Lebron fans, at this point it's too late. Especially for Heat fans. I suggest trading him for somewhat who's similitude. Maybe a three team deal in which Miami lands Iguodola and a nice young center like Bynum. Lebron at this point is completely useless to them.
    Not true, Jackie Moon wore a headband and eventually won! Ask Will Ferrell

In all serious though, wearing a headband in hoops sorta blocks your periphial (sp) vision. It's like wearing a t-shirt under your tank top, it just restricts your arms from extending fully when you need it to on a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    He doesn't always wear a headband though. Besides, where does a guy like him rank in this decade, let alone all-time?
    I was just saying in general. Didn't Kareem rock a headband from time to time?

I was just saying in general. Didn't Kareem rock a headband from time to time?
    Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCommish
    Did you know that...

...Babe Ruth is the strike-out king of baseball?

...Edison did not succeed with the light bulb until his 1,000th attempt?

...Albert Einstein got an F in math?

...Henry Ford went broke five times?

...Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team?

The moral of the story, "You must fail to succeed"

Signed DaCommish...Official Kobe-Hater
    No he didn't. This is a widespread myth for some reason, but it's not true. Einstein was actually always an excellent student. Sorry, just had to put that in there...