Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Kobe Bryant, Chasing History!

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Jordan was not legit. He was not the GOAT.

Jordan was a great supporting cast player (MJ was replaced by a D-League scrub named Pete Myers and the Bulls didn't miss a beat) but only the Space Jam generation would think he is better than past greats before him like Mikan, Cousy, Russell, Pettit, West, Wilt, Barry, Hondo, Oscar, Kareem, Walton, McAdoo, Bird, Magic and many other greats who were better than Jordan.
    Kobe has possibly the all-time worst NBA Finals performance by an NBA Great.

Shaq leaves for Miami.

Shaq wins NBA title with Wade the very next season.

Bryant is no better then a scrub like Wade who doesn't even crack the top 20 GOAT list.

This is fun.

shhhhhhh

i'm in a meeting so i can't bust out a calculator
    can you do some math, seperate kobe's and mj's 2 from threes?

and save yourself the time just do it it for careers to date

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts

i think we'll see inside the arc mj launched more bricks and from outside the arc kobe launches more

what are you doing in a meeting at this hour???? lol

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

interesting stuff.. I can't look it up right now but what are kobe's 3 pt attempts vs. jordan's for their careers?

i think if a debate on bricking is taking plase where those shots are coming from needs to be looked at
    That's a legitimate point. Jordan has 581/1,778 3PAs, to Kobe's 1,330/3,916 3PAs. Again, not counting postseason.

Since you're talking basically about eFG%, Jordan's is .509, to Kobe's .487. A .022 difference. Which is closer than their .043 FG% difference.

i think we'll see inside the arc mj launched more bricks and from outside the arc kobe launches more

even if Kobe did launch fewer from inside it doesn't matter. He's still taking shots he shouldn't be taking. Which other guys haven't/didn't do. I like Kobe. But the fact remains he's gonna own the record because he's taking the WRONG shots, at times.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon1121
    Kobe has possibly the all-time worst NBA Finals performance by an NBA Great.

Shaq leaves for Miami.

Shaq wins NBA title with Wade the very next season.

Bryant is no better then a scrub like Wade who doesn't even crack the top 20 GOAT list.

This is fun.
    Kobe is nothing without a Top 5 C/PF.
    3 rings on the shoulders of Shaq and 2 on Gasol.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    what are you doing in a meeting at this hour???? lol

car stuff... heading to work in the a.m. for at least 2 days so we're just getting everybody on the same page so they don't waste money like they did last week...

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Oh god damn.. Looks like i have to delay my article on kobe's career for a minute. This is new material .. Repped.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Kobe is nothing without a Top 5 C/PF.
    3 rings on the shoulders of Shaq and 2 on Gasol.
    A CBA scrub toke Jordan's place when he retired and Pippen still lead the Bulls to 55 games and a deep playoff run. (That's more then Jordan ever did without Pippen. btw)

Imagine if Jordan didn't wait to retire at the last minute. They could have picked up a better free agent. Then all they would have needed was some bum off the street to play SG in Jordan's place and they probably go on to win a title!

Its hard to believe the 'GOAT' is only worth 2 more wins to his team. They went from 57 wins to 55 after he retired and had to replace him with a D-League scrub because he waited till the last minute to retire. So just think what could have happed if they picked a better free agent instead of a D-League scrub to take his place.

And to make it worse Pete Myers hadn't played in the NBA for 5 years before coming to the Bulls to take Jordan's place!

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

If you remove their 3PAs from their FG%, Kobe's is sitting at .482%, and Jordan's is at .510%

College superstar

Scottie Pippen's record in seasons without MJ: 317-225 (.585)
    20-23 in the playoffs

MJ's record in seasons without Pippen: 182-228 (.444)
    1-9 in the playoffs

Jordan was replaced by a CBA journeyman named Pete Myers and Scottie without MJ won 55 games (only lost 2 more games then the year before with MJ)

Plus, they even make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, with Scottie, and without Michael...which is better than they ever did with Michael/but without Scottie...In 1994, Scottie became the 2nd player in NBA history to lead his team in scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks and steals... yeah, Michael made him better.
    Jordan played five years of his career without Pippen. ALL FIVE WERE LOSING TEAMS.

As a great man once said, without Scottie Pippen, Jordan was nothing more than a bald-headed Dominique Wilkins.

The Bulls dropped TWO GAMES after losing the "greatest player of all time" Yeah, right!

Remembered that they won 55 without Michael but with Scottie, which is fine... how'd they do WITH Michael but WITHOUT Scottie? Let's check:

38, 30 and 40 wins... that's it... aw, that's too bad... 40 wins is SO CLOSE to a .500 season, I'd almost want to give Michael credit for a winning season that year... but I can't... a loser is a loser. I can't change the laws of mathematics... if you lose more games than you win, you're a LOSER! And that's what Michael was without Scottie as a teammate... sorry if the truth hurts, but you jordan jockers (hopefully) will get over it.

Serious playground baller MrJohnWall's Avatar

A CBA scrub toke Jordan's place when he retired and Pippen still lead the Bulls to 55 games and a deep playoff run. (That's more then Jordan ever did without Pippen. btw)

Imagine if Jordan didn't wait to retire at the last minute. They could have picked up a better free agent. Then all they would have needed was some bum off the street to play SG in Jordan's place and they probably go on to win a title!

Its hard to believe the 'GOAT' is only worth 2 more wins to his team. They went from 57 wins to 55 after he retired and had to replace him with a D-League scrub because he waited till the last minute to retire. So just think what could have happed if they picked a better free agent instead of a D-League scrub to take his place.

And to make it worse Pete Myers hadn't played in the NBA for 5 years before coming to the Bulls to take Jordan's place!

Or what if the replaced him with Kobe?

8 rings and counting cuz Kobe wouldnt get his dad killed so no need to retire due to guilt

Banned

Scottie Pippen's record in seasons without MJ: 317-225 (.585)
    20-23 in the playoffs

MJ's record in seasons without Pippen: 182-228 (.444)
    1-9 in the playoffs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    Oh god damn.. Looks like i have to delay my article on kobe's career for a minute. This is new material .. Repped.
    Finally, the ultimate Kobe-hater has arrived.

You got some great facts in this thread posted by Rose and myself. Use it for your article.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    I know your article on Kobe won't have any bias or hate in it...