Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas

Carter, Gortat, Anderson

For

Turkeyglue, Frye, Childress, Clark

Yes please

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by RoTM
    If they go for Arenas then they need to be smart about what they end up with after their rebuild. I would hate to see them ship everyone out as an excuse to cut salary and end up another soft team filled with scorers. Imagine a back court of Gilly, Jameer, and Reddick with an Anderson, Bass, Qrich, Thorton rotation at the 3-4.

If Orlando does this trade they need to bring in someone like Deng, G-Wallace, AK, Green, or both Iggy and Battier.
    Carter for Arenas
    Lewis for AK47

But I don't think Utah will accept

Chris_Broussard Magic & Suns closing in on deal to send Hedo/jRich to Phx for Vince and Gortat. "90 pct" chance of it happening, sources say. Within 24 hrs

Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat
    Damn, that's a whole lotta change.

I usually hit open layups Vegeta's Avatar

Who really think's this is going to help the Magic be greater than what they already are?

Arenas is bad influence. He is probably telling Wall to fake injuries and to take a **** on other players shoe

Good luck Orlando Magic

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    Carter for Arenas
    Lewis for AK47

But I don't think Utah will accept
    Hello no AK is a monsta

Oh the Bealsanity

While I think this trade would be great for the Magic, I would still be a bit sad. Lewis is one of my fav players even though he has been dreadful so far this year. He has done a lot for us over the years but right now, gotta make Dwight happy

So I guess with all the proposed trades:

Nelson/Duhon
    Arenas/J-Rich
    Turkoglu/Q-Rich
    Bass/Andersen
    Howard/Filler

This lineup definitely packs more of a punch. I'm all for it. And I got tickets to the Spurs game on the 23rd. I wonder what team I'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by SIRI1
    Damn, that's a whole lotta change.
    Awesome. Updated the first post!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore davidenk0's Avatar

I don't think why are the Suns accepting this trade, Nash must be demanding a trade right now.

Default Magic, Wizards Close to Trading Rashard for Gilbert + POSSIBLE SUNS TRADE?

Why won't title change D;

Anyways.

Jameer/Duhon
    Gilbert/Pietrus/Redick
    Hedo/J-Rich/Pietrus
    Bass/Anderson
    Howard/Orton

Now I still don't like the idea of Jameer and Gilbert playing together. If they can somehow land a backup big for Jameer that'd be perfect. Possibly start Pietrus for defensive purposes and bring in J-Rich as an instant scorer type player off the bench.

Gilbert/Duhon
    Pietrus/Redick/J-Rich
    Hedo/J-Rich
    Bass/Anderson
    Howard/Backup Big/Orton

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    While I think this trade would be great for the Magic, I would still be a bit sad. Lewis is one of my fav players even though he has been dreadful so far this year. He has done a lot for us over the years but right now, gotta make Dwight happy

So I guess with all the proposed trades:

Nelson/Duhon
    Arenas/J-Rich
    Turkoglu/Q-Rich
    Bass/Andersen
    Howard/Filler

This lineup definitely packs more of a punch. I'm all for it. And I got tickets to the Spurs game on the 23rd. I wonder what team I'll see!
    I think it makes more sense to start J-Rich and bring Arenas off the bench.

Phoenix is really making out in this deal. They get Carter(an expirer), Gortat(good defensive big, can thrive with Nash), and Pietrus(underrated). Turkoglu has proven to be a good fit in Orlando, but this also almost two years later, Arenas is washed up, Clark rarely plays, and J-Rich's play isn't to the point where it's a huge upgrade over Rashard.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by davidenk0
    I don't think why are the Suns accepting this trade, Nash must be demanding a trade right now.
    Why not? J-Rich is expiring and isn't in the Suns long term plans, they get another pick and they have a post player they need with Gortat.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I think it makes more sense to start J-Rich and bring Arenas off the bench.
    Not at all. Gilbert works best with the ball in his hand about every other possession. Rich does as well but he's 10x off the ball player that Gilbert is and that allows him to be the better 6th man. So it'd make sense to bring him off the bench. But neither has to.

WojYahooNBA

Orlando will send PHX Carter, Gortat, Pietrus, a 1st round pick and $3 million for Richardson, Hedo and Earl Clark, source tells Y! Sports.
    Looks like the deal is pretty much official! Just have to wait for ESPN/NBA to announce it. Great deal for both sides!

And Jeff, way to screw up my title and first post. D;