Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: TRADE CLOSE! Magic, Wizards may trade Rashard for Gilbert Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Didn't realize J Rich is scoring 19ppg on 47%, 42% from 3. Do they start him at the 2 or have him fill the Pietrus role?
    They probably will want him to be the 6th man considering how crappy the bench is. Plus you don't want to bring Arenas off the bench. Dude's ego won't allow it.

College star

I really don't get why magic swapped, they are pretty much in the same situation again, bad player with a huge contract.

Banned

how are the gun laws like in florida?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    We're not talking about 15 minutes. We're saying an insurance policy as good as Gortat. Will this replacement your visioning be able to play more than 15 mpg in certain important games and not be a complete liability? I doubt it.

And no one said Gortat is the key to the Magic's success. It's that he's much more important than you think. You need to get off the 15 mpg stuff and look at the big picture here.
    but gortat is not good enough to come in and play big minutes consistently either.

i understand what you are saying, but in practical terms it does not make sense.

will there be a drop off? of course, but its not going to be the impact you are potentially making it out to be.

trust me. if gortat had to play 35 minutes against the celtics or lakers he's going to get rocked just like other backups would. would gortat do better? yes, but not so much better that its worth keeping him.

its all about value. you can't look at things in a vacuum like you are.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    I really don't get why magic swapped, they are pretty much in the same situation again, bad player with a huge contract.
    I think Arenas/JRich/Hedo >>>>>>>> Carter/Lewis at this point in their careers.

[FONT="Arial Black"]Report: Magic agree to blockbuster deal[/FONT]
    Goodbye, Vince. Hello again, Hedo.

Magic at a glance

Orlando Magic
    Looking for the latest on the Magic? Get the inside slant, stats, scores, schedules and more scoops right here.

The Orlando Magic, in the midst of a 16-9 start to the season, have dispatched Vince Carter and re-acquired forward Hedo Turkoglu in a six-player trade with the Phoenix Suns, according to multiple Internet reports.

ESPN's Chris Broussard reported that the Magic will also receive Jason Richardson and Earl Clark in exchange for Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round draft pick and cash considerations.

The deal comes on the same day as a rumor that Orlando president Otis Smith has had discussions with the Washington Wizards regarding a potential trade for guard Gilbert Arenas.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/O...ix-Suns-121810

It's official!!?!?!

They just extended JJ redick though. Why would you want a 6th man at the SG if you just extended him? Unless they start Arenas this makes no sense.
    They should start Arenas actually. They need a play maker that can find Howard in the paint and create his own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dee-rose
    They just extended JJ redick though. Why would you want a 6th man at the SG if you just extended him? Unless they start Arenas this makes no sense.
    They should start Arenas actually. They need a play maker that can find Howard in the paint and create his own shot.
    I think Arenas should start. He would close to useless as a bench scorer.

College star

idk if this has been posted..
    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/m...ors/index.html
    whoops ignore that just go to nba.com it says its now official

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    We know about all this. We're looking for an official 'It's done' News.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    We know about all this. We're looking for an official 'It's done' News.
    read the rest of my post..that was the link when you click on the "its official" link on nba.com

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    read the rest of my post..that was the link when you click on the "its official" link on nba.com
    Awesome!

Updated first post. Looks like the Magic, Wizards deal is official!

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Does this make the Magic better? Who starts at SF though?

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

So, what is the lineup going to be?

PG: Nelson
    SG: Arenas
    SF: Richardson
    PF: Hedo
    C: Dwight

?

Interesting I have to say.