Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Default Re: Hood Classics: Boyz N The Hood -vs- Menace II Society: Who U Got?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Wait-a-minute I do remember the hating ass cop asking him if he was one of those Rolling 60's or something....so yeah, I do remember it being tied to gangs, but the two main characters (Cuba and Morris) were going to college and/or the military like you said.

I really think that the directors knew that (at that time) this movie would draw a lot of attention and that there would be a lot of fighting and acting bad at the theatres so they toned down the gang references a bit.

I forget if it was this movie or New Jack City where this guy (in Chicago) shot up the movie theatre. At any rate, after a movie like this the goons always act bad.

Tre wanna go to college and get out of the hood, Rick wanna go to military and don't wanna be like his brother like Cube but Tre didn't want Rick go to military because a black man have no place go to military.

If it doesn't have anything to do with Bloods and Crips then why did Cube give that speech about "how they don't know whats going on in the hood?".

When Cube said that I was assuming he was refering to the gang violence....yes we all know that Tre and Rick weren't gang affiliated....But the movie did center around gang activities and how it affected Tre and Rick.

Rick died because of what?....

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Tre wanna go to college and get out of the hood, Rick wanna go to military and don't wanna be like his brother like Cube but Tre didn't want Rick go to military because a black man have no place go to military.

If it doesn't have anything to do with Bloods and Crips then why did Cube give that speech about "how they don't know whats going on in the hood?".

When Cube said that I was assuming he was refering to the gang violence....yes we all know that Tre and Rick weren't gang affiliated....But the movie did center around gang activities and how it affected Tre and Rick.

Rick died because of what?....

I agree that it was a good movie about gang violence...if it was about the bloods and crips though I would have to change my rating because I learned very little (specifically) about those gangs from the movie.

That's all I'm saying.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Menace II Society was much better.

Menace 2 Society.

If Boyz N Da Hood was about bloods and crips? It did a terrible job exposing it. Gang violence appeared to be the theme moreso than isolating two gangs popular in Cali.

menace 2 society was better imo....

better quotes..."who got da snaps on the petro?"

Boyz N The Hood had a better storyline.

Both movies were based in different parts of south central and did a good job showing it.

Boyz N The hood= places like Crenshaw, Dena, compton etc...

Menace= Inglewood, Watts, Long Beach, the more wild places if you will.

And Boyz n The hood wasnt about crips n bloods, tho it did have crips n bloods in the movie.

scene:

*Red Car drives around the corner*

Monster: "If that muthafukka roll up on the SET one mo time ima blast his ass"

Obviously dudes who shot Ricky were bloods, and doughboy and them were in crips.

Book 'em Dan'l

i like menace II society, but boyz n the hood is up there for me. the last 15 minutes of the movie really gets to me all the time. the turn of events between both sides, and the outcome of the situations.

and yes. furious styles ftw. the guy really tried his hardest to set his son the right direction.

Menace II society was Better

I heard 2pac was supposed to be Odog... now that sh*t would have been even better

Both of these movies are campy as hell.

Menace II Society was better.

"What you say about my momma?"

con my cuerno de chivo wheyhigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Boyz n the Hood easily.

Great movie.
    /endthread motherfucker
    it had great actors and a great message. menace is a movie you watch when you're high/

Quote Originally Posted by Kensta
    Menace II Society was better.

"What you say about my momma?"
    Menace had it all

I hadnt watched it in years and I sat down recently and watched it again.. The sh*t was soo violent, I was kinda shocked

but it also had the best quotes and the same messages that Boyz in the hood had except they expanded everything more

Also, I was disappointed in Higher Learning because that movie couldve been as good but it never lived up to potential.. It was too Black vs. White without the proper reasoning being laid out