Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Default Re: What is the argument for Dirk being better than Blake?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    thats kind of harsh. lakers have a lot of fans, and won the last two championships.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Penny37
    I'm not exactly sure what it is you wanna hear.
    Dirk has better handles. Dirk is more clutch. Dirk has more weapons. He can go outside-inside. Dirk reads double teams as well as anyone in the League.
    Dirk has better handles and passes better? So why is Griffin averaging an entire extra assist per game? Also, I don't know that I've ever seen Dirk grab a rebound and take it coast to coast to the rim. Griffin does it at least once per game. He's a lot stronger and more aggressive in the paint, which is the most important area.

Seriously, FIVE more rebounds per game, and an extra assist? You consider that less valuable than the 2.5 points per game advantage Dirk has?

As far as clutch, Griffin has already proven VERY clutch. He's not even a three point shooter and he's made 4 of the 6 he's been forced to take in desperate situations. You kiddin me? He's also hit some clutch long-two's and been reliable in the post down the stretch. Besides just SCORING which is apparently all some people can see, he grabs big time rebounds in big time situations. Dude is a straight up warrior.

There is really no way to actually compare their GAMES (and again, not use lazy cliche's, strawmen, and arguments of 'seniority') to explain Dirk as being better than Blake. Besides, look at the stats. What is there to argue??

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

Field goal percentage.

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CMsam
    Dirk has better handles and passes better? So why is Griffin averaging an entire extra assist per game? Also, I don't know that I've ever seen Dirk grab a rebound and take it coast to coast to the rim. Griffin does it at least once per game. He's a lot stronger and more aggressive in the paint, which is the most important area.

Seriously, FIVE more rebounds per game, and an extra assist? You consider that less valuable than the 2.5 points per game advantage Dirk has?

As far as clutch, Griffin has already proven VERY clutch. He's not even a three point shooter and he's made 4 of the 6 he's been forced to take in desperate situations. You kiddin me? He's also hit some clutch long-two's and been reliable in the post down the stretch. Besides just SCORING which is apparently all some people can see, he grabs big time rebounds in big time situations. Dude is a straight up warrior.

There is really no way to actually compare their GAMES (and again, not use lazy cliche's, strawmen, and arguments of 'seniority') to explain Dirk as being better than Blake. Besides, look at the stats. What is there to argue??
    Dirk has better teammates who do more of the work for him lol enjoy

shhhhhhh

dirk's david hasselhoff collection>>>blakes

ok, so actually comparing the two as individuals is too difficult and complex for you, so you're just going to say "umm, dirk plays with better players so he's the betterer play3r!"
    I think you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    it's starface the clippers fan, he wants you to say griffin is the better player RIGHT NOW! he wants to skip what the players actually bring to the table in experience and how the other teams play them and judge on griffins 12 weeks in the NBA alone, playing on a team nobody even scouts. vs dirk who plays on a contender as the lead option and the main focus teams try and defend...

so either bow down to blake or GTFO!

first of all, nobody scouts anybody in the regular season. if they did, dont you think people would have caught on to blake after the first week and started to "scout" him the same way they "scout" dirk??? so how come griffin's play hasn't dropped off one bit? it's a bogus argument you're trying to create so that you can stay on the side you WANT to stay on, rather than just being objective.

also, dirk is the lead option what? rebounder? defender? oh, scorer. thats right, you think scoring is the only part of the game because you're one of thsoe fans that needs simplicity. each team has one "star" that carries the team, and nobody else matters, and who the star is will be determined by the highest scorer, and whichever team wins, that means their star was better. fans like you with low intellect are what cause the quality of the product to be inferior, becuase you'll buy whatever the league, espn, nike, gatorade etc. is sellin you. you dont have a brain.

Dirk scores 2.5 more points per game (playing with jason kidd) but grabs FIVE less rebounds and one less assist, but that's ok because he's the lead option scorer!

Banned

Dirk plays on a winning team you freaking moron.

Banned

but but dirk has a mvp trophy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I think you’re in denial mode, because you badly want Griffin to be better.
    No I don't. That's what you're all misunderstanding.

I don't care if everyone thinks Dirk is better.......IF Dirk IS better!

I want the truth (you cant handle the truth), and I want good discussion and I will let the chips fall where they may.

Seriously, I've been on a couple Clipper boards and got shredded for saying there is no way Eric Gordon is an all star. Because he's not. He still lacks awareness, can be a ball-stopper, is turnover prone and makes boneheaded moves down the stretch in addition to good moves.

I also think Chris Kaman is one of the worst centers in the league.

I don't want everyone to like Griffin because he's a Clipper. Trust me, I don't care. But comparing Blake vs Dirk illustrates an example of people just going off lazy perception, without being able to explain WHY they believe what they do. Hence the thread. And so far nobody can do it.
    Last edited by CMsam; 01-01-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    I'll make you happy : Blake Griffin is the best PF we ever seen. Forget Dirk, Duncan, Sir Charles, Karl Malone, Garnett... In 3 months, Blake already shown us that he is the best. I think he's already in the top 5 of the best players of all-time

Not in order
    Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Griffin

Are you gonna sleep well now?
    +1

shhhhhhh

[QUOTE=jstern]I think you

"Is this some sort of a sick joke ?" - Yung D-Will

Banned

Typical masses of dumb pawns.

They both play POWER forward, and tho Griffin averages FIVE more rebounds per game (!!!!) as well as an extra assist per game, "dirk is better because he played for teh 12 years and scores 2.5 more points and um his teammates are better!"

look at the dumb comments in this thread:

"Blake can't create his own shot" - someone who has not watched the clippers

"Blake hasn't shown he's clutch yet" - someone who hasn't watched the clippers

"Dirks team is winning" - someone dumber than a goldfish

Griffin is playing ridiculously good. 21.5 points, 12.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists. If he WERENT a rookie, everyone would be saying he should be an all-star! But because he's a rookie, people are afraid to proclaim him better than a vet.

Yep. It's just like when Kobe got that lifetime achievement MVP when Lebron was clearly the best player in the league. A bunch of cowards and appeasers. The whole lot of ya's!

shhhhhhh

Typical masses of dumb pawns.

They both play POWER forward, and tho Griffin averages FIVE more rebounds per game (!!!!) as well as an extra assist per game, "dirk is better because he played for teh 12 years and scores 2.5 more points and um his teammates are better!"

look at the dumb comments in this thread:

"Blake can't create his own shot" - someone who has not watched the clippers

"Blake hasn't shown he's clutch yet" - someone who hasn't watched the clippers

"Dirks team is winning" - someone dumber than a goldfish

Griffin is playing ridiculously good. 21.5 points, 12.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists. If he WERENT a rookie, everyone would be saying he should be an all-star! But because he's a rookie, people are afraid to proclaim him better than a vet.

Yep. It's just like when Kobe got that lifetime achievement MVP when Lebron was clearly the best player in the league. A bunch of cowards and appeasers. The whole lot of ya's!
    you still have yet to address blake's pathetic david hasselhoff collection