Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao VS Shane Mosley Thread

ok fine ill stream it

I want to see Manny Pacquiao vs. The Undefeated Timothy Bradley at the end of the year. Pacquiao has 3 fights in 2011.

Bradley would beat Alexander and Khan this year.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-07-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I would not pay a dollar out of my pocket to watch this fight. Terrible fight. Why not go after the best available if you're Pacquiao's camp? Pacquiao's last 7 fights have been non competitive because he's fighting guys who they know he can beat(except maybe Cotto). Why not fight Martinez or Berto? Those fights would be way more competitive. Instead we get to watch them milk the Pac-Man hype train instead of taking on guys who actually deserve a fight with Pacquiao.

It's pathetic how Pacquiao keeps fighting guys coming off rough losses or that lost a step.
    The fight won't be carried by HBO pay-per-view, and there will be no HBO 24/7 this time. Instead, Showtime has closed a deal with Top Rank for the bout, and a series will air on CBS -- which is available in 115 million homes in the United States, as opposed to HBO's 28 million.

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

[QUOTE]MANILA, Philippines

Psh, just another bullshit fight that isn't Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. Until that Pacman-Mayweather fight is official, I really don't wanna hear a damn thing about it. Especially from the fighters themselves. I'm tired of all these fights, articles and talk that tries to hype up a fight that in the end, will probably never happen.

This is the fight people should be talking about right now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Psh, just another bullshit fight that isn't Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. Until that Pacman-Mayweather fight is official, I really don't wanna hear a damn thing about it. Especially from the fighters themselves. I'm tired of all these fights, articles and talk that tries to hype up a fight that in the end, will probably never happen.

This is the fight people should be talking about right now.

People should be talking about Bradley-Alexander, but they're not and they've sold like 300 tickets to the stadium in Detroit. Top Rank just struck a massive deal to move Pacquiao-Mosley to Showtime and the package includes tv ads to be run during the NCAA games/tournament in April and May, a four part reality series (like 24/7) which will have at least one episode aired on CBS primetime on Saturday, a follow-up story on 60 minutes about Manny, and appearances of CBS' daytime talk shows. That's Grade A+ promotions and Pacquiao-Mosley will do monster numbers and bring Boxing back into a mainstream light.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    People should be talking about Bradley-Alexander, but they're not and they've sold like 300 tickets to the stadium in Detroit. Top Rank just struck a massive deal to move Pacquiao-Mosley to Showtime and the package includes tv ads to be run during the NCAA games/tournament in April and May, a four part reality series (like 24/7) which will have at least one episode aired on CBS primetime on Saturday, a follow-up story on 60 minutes about Manny, and appearances of CBS' daytime talk shows. That's Grade A+ promotions and Pacquiao-Mosley will do monster numbers and bring Boxing back into a mainstream light.
    I like Pac and mosley but your last sentence was hilarious for sum reason.. get real.

Even as a Pac fan, I hope this Mosley fight fails hard. It really seem like an insult to boxing fans everywhere that he's fighting Mosley.

He shoots, he bricks. Mr. Grieves's Avatar

From this thread, I came away with:

Damn Manny has some thick wrists, a lot thicker than Shane's anyways.

Best part of this fight is the whole CBS/Showtime thing. This could be very big for boxing and coud mark the return of boxing to terrestrial television. People say boxing is dead, but with this new deal, it's breathing new life.

As for the fight itself, sure it could be better. But let's not count Shane out. He looked bad against Floyd, which is no shame and looked bad against a defense bum in Mora. Shane is more of a threat than Margarito. Everyone was bitching during the Margarito-Pacquaio fight that Shane already beat Margarito. Well, now Manny is fighting the guy who demolished him. I see this as nothing more than a tune up for the Mayweather fight, IF Floyd ever decides to fight again.

con my cuerno de chivo wheyhigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Best part of this fight is the whole CBS/Showtime thing. This could be very big for boxing and coud mark the return of boxing to terrestrial television. People say boxing is dead, but with this new deal, it's breathing new life.

As for the fight itself, sure it could be better. But let's not count Shane out. He looked bad against Floyd, which is no shame and looked bad against a defense bum in Mora. Shane is more of a threat than Margarito. Everyone was bitching during the Margarito-Pacquaio fight that Shane already beat Margarito. Well, now Manny is fighting the guy who demolished him. I see this as nothing more than a tune up for the Mayweather fight, IF Floyd ever decides to fight again.
    this

Learning to shoot layups

I wonder who the moron was who came up with the idea to have the fight in shit hole Detroit. Fight should have been in St Louis. Would have gotten at least 15,000 people.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

Fights going to be on Showtime PPV. You must be nuts thinking you'll see Pacquiao on free TV. CBS is just going to help promote.

Anyone hear about the Cotto-Mayorga fight? Yes, it's a joke of an opponent for Cotto; he's looking for a tune-up after his surgery. But the undercard is shaping up nicely. Joshua Clottey Vs. Calvin Green, Pawel Wolak Vs. Yuri Foreman, and Christy Martin makes her comeback.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe8
    I like Pac and mosley but your last sentence was hilarious for sum reason.. get real.
    Look, I've already been down this road with RBA and raiderfan. I broke it down for them why Pacquiao-Margarito was going to be in the 1.2 million buys range when they were claiming it would be as low as 500K, and who was right?

Listen to me now when I tell you this, Pacquiao-Mosley will do monster numbers... probably Manny's highest PPV rate thus far, you can bookmark that if you'd like.