Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast
    I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Default Re: Official Manny Pacquiao VS Shane Mosley Thread

boring ass fight. it got interesting when pac got pushed down and was ruled a knck down, then got mad and went after shane. too much bromance in the fight tho

bring on pac vs marquez/bradley

Yeah what's up with the excessive glove taps.

Really felt more like a friendly bout. See this is the problem when both fighter like and respect each other too much. Mosley's just grateful to Pacquiao that he get one last big paycheck and keep his KO record clean.

NBA rookie of the year

That was a horrible fight and told us nothing. I was supporting Mosley even though his chances were slim, but criticised this fight time and time again and it has only confirmed to all of us why there was no need for this fight to be signed in the first place.

Mosley used the Barrera 2 model and threw about 7 right hands all night. He circled effectively, but showed that he cannot throw more than a 2 punch combo without running in and holding. Manny Pac merely did what he had to do, he showed us nothing new.

What this has also showed is that Manny Pac is nothing more than an opportunist when it comes to matchmaking. A cheater followed by a former great who hasn't won in a number of years.

I am sure I am not alone in feeling this way. Few of us believed that this fight should have been made and the boos in the crowd confirmed why.

It was a very poor fight.
    Last edited by Tarik One; 05-08-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    That was a horrible fight and told us nothing. I was supporting Mosley even though his chances were slim, but criticised this fight time and time again and it has only confirmed to all of us why there was no need for this fight to be signed in the first place.

Mosley used the Barrera 2 model and threw about 7 right hands all night. He circled effectively, but showed that he cannot throw more than a 2 punch combo without running in and holding. Manny Pac merely did what he had to do, he showed us nothing new.

What this has also showed is that Manny Pac is nothing more than an opportunist when it comes to matchmaking. A cheater followed by a former great who hasn't won in a number of years.

I am sure I am not alone in feeling this way. Few of us believed that this fight should have been made and the boos in the crowd confirmed why.

Without Floyd's there's just not many options. Marquez is supposed to be next. After that who is there? Berto was just exposed. Ortiz will get destroyed. Bradley won't offer a challenge. 147's been cleaned out. There's some European guys who own the other 147 belts but nobody in North America has even heard of them. 154 is too big for Manny considering his weight on fight night is around 149-150, so he'll be giving up 20 lbs to his opponents.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One

I'm just curious to see the PPV numbers, because there is no way in hell that Arum should have been able to sell this fight. If it did over a million buys (which it probably did), Arum should get a trophy (aside from the entire purse, which he is able to do by keeping things in-house).

It is one thing to be dominated by Floyd Mayweather Jr. That fight didn't tell us much about SSM. However, the follow-up against Sergio Mora was a travesty of a fight. There is no way that Shane should have gotten this fight after that performance.

I guess they tried to sell the whole 'styles make fights' thing, but -- as I said in the above post -- Shane couldn't even pull the trigger against Mora. He is going to do it against Pacquiao?

It was a farce and I hope that the boos sent a message to Top Rank. This really should have been Marquez. Say what you will about his chances at 145 or 147 or wherever the fight will take place, but at least he has looked good recently.

Putting that fight off until the fall or whenever it is happening in order to fight Mosley at this point in his career and with his recent performances...

You said it, though... We've been complaining about this fight since the moment it was made and the boos at the end confirmed why.

NBA rookie of the year

Everyone knew Mosley was washed up, but Top Rank felt the need to add another big name to fatten up Pac's resume as well as create an idea that Pac is more effective than Mayweather, which why they've purposely chosen opponents whom Floyd have already fought. Pac dominated Oscar (even though he was anorexic) vs Floyd going the distance in a somewhat competitive fight, Pac knocking out Hatton in 2 rounds vs Floyd's TKO against him in the late rounds.....and now this matchup. Pac's camp really wanted to make a statement by knocking out Mosley so they can further attempt to one-up Floyd and justify Pac being a superior fighter, but failed to do so because they underestimated Shane's ring intelligence.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    Without Floyd's there's just not many options. Marquez is supposed to be next. After that who is there? Berto was just exposed. Ortiz will get destroyed. Bradley won't offer a challenge. 147's been cleaned out. There's some European guys who own the other 147 belts but nobody in North America has even heard of them. 154 is too big for Manny considering his weight on fight night is around 149-150, so he'll be giving up 20 lbs to his opponents.

When Amir Khan ****s Timothy Bradley up then Pacquaio can fight him. Oh and since Manny likes to move up divisions he can fight the real pound-for-pound best fighter in the world- Sergio Martinez. But he won't, cause he knows he'd get ktfo.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGreenFan
    When Amir Khan ****s Timothy Bradley up then Pacquaio can fight him. Oh and since Manny likes to move up divisions he can fight the real pound-for-pound best fighter in the world- Sergio Martinez. But he won't, cause he knows he'd get ktfo.
    Khan is one of GBP's literal golden boys. No way in hell do they hand him over to Arum to throw in against Pacquiao. Plus, Roach trains both guys.

Not gonna happen... Under any circumstances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1SZF6oQ7wA

If Sergio try to slug it out with Manny Pacquiao He's going to get KTFO. I think He also beat Marquez via KO because I don't think he can absorbs Manny Pacquiao's punches in the Welterweight division, and he loves trading punches with Pacquiao.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 05-08-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    That match didnt tell me anything, it was like watching two and a half men with a stick up your ass..

seriously, there was no 'FLAVOR' in that match..

Rematch or Mayweather.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    That match didnt tell me anything, it was like watching two and a half men with a stick up your ass..

seriously, there was no 'FLAVOR' in that match..

Rematch or Mayweather.
    If there was no flavor, why in the hell would you want to watch it again with Mosley 6 months to a year older? He is clearly shot. There is absolutely, positively no reason for a rematch.

Banned

Don't mention the R word

Pacquiao was pissed that Mosley ran the whole night after promising everyone an action fight and Mosley conceded that Pac's power and speed had him shook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg7en...layer_embedded

Manny needs to fight 2 more times this year to make up for that. Mosley only landed 66 punches on him last night and nothing of note. He took no damage and can take a few weeks off then start up again for a summer fight with JMM and in the fall/winter with Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Pacquiao was pissed that Mosley ran the whole night after promising everyone an action fight and Mosley conceded that Pac's power and speed had him shook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg7en...layer_embedded
    If he was mad, why the hell was he tapping gloves with him every three seconds and hugging him multiple times?

That sh!t was out-of-control... I'm sorry. I'm all for good sportsmanship and respect amongst legends, but you are fighting, not having a class reunion.

F#ck.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    If he was mad, why the hell was he tapping gloves with him every three seconds and hugging him multiple times?

That sh!t was out-of-control... I'm sorry. I'm all for good sportsmanship and respect amongst legends, but you are fighting, not having a class reunion.

F#ck.

Yeh, it was only with the fake knock down that Manny really got going and even with that he simply stopped being aggressive. It was almost like Shane back pedaling all night completely threw Manny off and he was flabbergasted. If he really believed Shane would go to war with him then he must have not watched the Shane of today.

Manny needs to learn to cut the ring off better when guys run.