Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe sends Vick an Autograph Jersey, tells him to "BE EPIC"

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Again, just like I said, you guys keep ignoring everything else he and his buddies did and keep focusing on the dog fighting. I'll restate what I said, torturing animal you know electricuting them, ripping their teeth out so that another animal could rip them appart, torturing animals like that is very the typical serial killer behavior. Not the dog fighting in itself, but the torturing of the animals. You at least see animals fighting in nature, that's one thing, but ripping their teeth out, only a saidist would have the heart to do that. And what makes you think that people who are against what Vick did would be pro Bull fighting and not have a problem with it? I'm pretty sure every person here who's against just the dog fighting would also be against a bull being slowly stabbed to death.

Also, I saw a picture of Sarah Palin, haven't read what was written. Sarah Palin is a very dumb woman, but again, there's a big difference between hunting an animal and eating it, and ripping their teeth out and torturing it. Shooting an animal dead is different from torturing them. I feel like I'm reapting myself, but I have no choice since then you guys will pick and choose and ignore certain facts that makes the Michael Vick situation so wrong.

Many other countries do bad things to animals, doesn't excuse what Michael Vick did. Some countries skin dogs alive, bringing them up as examples doesn't defend torturing of these dogs and cats.
    i agree...................but sarah palin is a fiucking ***** too

Magic Johnson

Look, I hate what Michael Vick did to those dogs. It's despicable. But come on, people are acting like he was caught murdering and raping children. They're animals; it's not the same and if you think it's the same then you should work for PETA. Other people do it too.

Not airballing my layups anymore bih's Avatar

kobe

but be realistic

vick and the eagles will fail.....also everyone knows that vick has tendency to force plays

its all hype and will mean nothing when green bay crushes the eagles

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Look, I hate what Michael Vick did to those dogs. It's despicable. But come on, people are acting like he was caught murdering and raping children. They're animals; it's not the same and if you think it's the same then you should work for PETA. Other people do it too.
    Exactly.

I don't care if you baby talk your dog, put a sweater on it for Christmas, kiss it on the mouth or even if you create a Facebook profile for it. At the end of the day its just an animal!

I'm just sick of these self righteous hypocrites. I know guys that go out and shoot a deer in the face, behead it, have it stuffed and put it over their fire place as a plaque and think nothing of it but then have the nerve to hate Vick for what he did and say they will never forgive him.

Also funny because deers are peaceful animals, while pit bulls are vicious and responsible for more dog attacks than any other dog breed COMBINED.

Even if your a huge animal lover and a vegetarian isn't America a country second chances?

You have ignorant people that say Michael Vick dosen't deserve forgiveness, what he did was unforgivable and people who say he should have been executed.

So if Vick shouldn't be given a second chance and be forgiven for fighting and killing pit bulls then why do blacks have to forgive whites (or on a larger scale) this country for the atrocities of the past – lynchings, Jim Crow, slavery etc.? These same people are always the ones that protest that America has changed for the better and that was history, right? Well maybe not, if you guys are bigots! Following this logic then blacks should not forgive what happened in the past and America should not be allowed to redeem itself in the eyes of the world for its past acts. If your answer is yes then I would subscribe to your argument that the same should apply to Michael Vick.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 01-08-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Exactly.

I don't care if you baby talk your dog, put a sweater on it for Christmas, kiss it on the mouth or even if you create a Facebook profile for it. At the end of the day its just an animal!

I'm just sick of these self righteous hypocrites. I know guys that go out and shoot a deer in the face, behead it, have it stuffed and put it over their fire place as a plaque and think nothing of it but then have the nerve to hate Vick for what he did and say they will never forgive him.

So if Vick shouldn't be given a second chance and be forgiven for fighting and killing pit bulls then why do blacks have to forgive whites (or on a larger scale) this country for the atrocities of the past – lynchings, Jim Crow, slavery etc.? These same people are always the ones that protest that America has changed for the better and that was history, right? Well maybe not, if you guys are bigots! Following this logic then blacks should not forgive what happened in the past and America should not be allowed to redeem itself in the eyes of the world for its past acts. If your answer is yes then I would subscribe to your argument that the same should apply to Michael Vick.
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-ca...xecuted-video/

Following your logic then blacks should not forgive what happenend in the past and this country should not be allowed to redeem itself in the eyes of the world for its past acts. If your answer is yes then...
    At least post your own words. This is like, what, the 5th time you've taken posts from other people and taken credit for it? Can't even articulate your own thoughts; you're pathetic.

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

This thread is appauling. Anyone defending Vick should be strapped to the "Rape Rack" that was used to breed these dogs, have their teeth removed and be forced into combat with a starving dog. This man does not deserve a second chance at millions of dollars. Absolutely not.

Made that high school varsity squad

Keep doing your thing on and off the field Vick, stay out of trouble and keep pulling in Millions.

As for the dogs never really gave a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro33
    This thread is appauling. Anyone defending Vick should be strapped to the "Rape Rack" that was used to breed these dogs, have their teeth removed and be forced into combat with a starving dog. This man does not deserve a second chance at millions of dollars. Absolutely not.
    oh, you mean the same rape racks used to put forth milk in your local grocery store.

really, some of the most prominent Animal Rights activists disagree.

UPDATE 8/14/09: Michael Vick was released from prison in May, and on July 27, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally reinstated Vick. The Philadelphia Eagles have given Vick a one-year deal with an option for a second year.

In a conversation yesterday, someone said to me, “how am I ever going to watch an Eagles game and see that guy without thinking about those dogs?” My response: “How can you enjoy an Eagles game while you’re eating a hamburger or a hot dog made from animals who had a life and death every bit as horrible and unnecessary as Vick’s dogs?”

He did not have an answer.

Here is a Daily News op-ed I wrote on the topic that ran on Aug. 22, 2007:

MICHAEL VICK has, according to his lawyer, agreed to plead guilty to federal dogfighting charges against him.

Over past weeks, there's been an enormous amount of coverage of the dog-fighting operation sponsored by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Vick, who, along with three other men, has been indicted on federal felony charges.

The details of the charges claim that Vick sponsored illegal dog fighting, gambled on dog fights and permitted acts of cruelty against animals on his property. The talk shows have been filled with talking heads from the "humane community" condemning dog fighting and calling for Vick to be punished. Nike and Reebok have suspended products endorsed by Vick.

Please let me be very clear from the outset: I think that dog fighting is a terrible thing.

But I must say that the Vick case rather dramatically demonstrates what I call our "moral schizophrenia" about animals.

That is, if one thing is clear, it is that we do not think clearly about our moral obligations to animals.

In this country alone, we kill more than 10 billion land animals annually for food. The animals we eat suffer as much as the dogs that are used in dog fighting.

There is no "need" for us to eat meat, dairy or eggs. Indeed, these foods are increasingly linked to various human diseases and animal agriculture is an environmental disaster for the planet. We impose pain, suffering and death on these billions of sentient nonhumans because we enjoy eating their flesh and the products that we make from them.

There is something bizarre about condemning Michael Vick for using dogs in a hideous form of entertainment when 99 percent of us also use animals that are every bit as sentient as dogs in another hideous form of entertainment that is no more justifiable than fighting dogs: eating animals and animal products.

There is something bizarre about Reebok and Nike, which use leather in their shoes, suspending products endorsed by Vick. They're not going to allow a guy who allegedly tortures dogs to endorse products that contain tortured cows.

In one of my books about animal ethics, I introduced a character named Simon the Sadist, who derived pleasure from blowtorching dogs. We would all regard such conduct as monstrous because we all agree that it is wrong to inflict "unnecessary" suffering on animals - and pleasure, amusement and convenience cannot count as satisfying the "necessity" requirement.

But then I asked the further question: How are those of us who eat animal flesh and animal products any different from Simon? He enjoys blowtorching dogs - we enjoy the taste of flesh and animal products. But we and Simon both kill sentient beings (although we may pay others to do the dirty work) because we derive enjoyment from it.

According to reports, authorities removed from Vick's property a "rape stand" used to hold dogs for mating. "Rape racks" are used to hold cows for impregnation. When a dog is involved, we are troubled - when a cow is involved, we ignore it.

Michael Vick may enjoy watching dogs fight. Someone else may find that repulsive but see nothing wrong with eating an animal who has had a life as full of pain and suffering as the lives of the fighting dogs. It's strange that we regard the latter as morally different from, and superior to, the former. How removed from the screaming crowd around the dog pit is the laughing group around the summer steak barbecue?

We are all Simon.

We are all Michael Vick. *

Gary L. Francione is Distinguished Professor of Law and Nicholas deB. Katzenbach Scholar of Law and Philosophy at Rutgers University School of Law-Newark. His latest book on animal ethics, "Animals as Persons," will be published by Columbia University Press this fall.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/opin...#ixzz1AVbgxRHY
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 01-09-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

oh, you mean the same rape racks used to put forth milk in your local grocery store.
    First off, just no, yer so off base its unreal. Secondly, if you equate the value of nourishment with gambling you are in store for a very short lifespan.

You're what 17?

National High School Star

Well he's got that second chance & you should probably just get over it Putting out misinformation on the net won't stop him.

Just like someone here mentioned you are trying to 'humanize' a dog with this 'rape rack' nonsense when dogs(in heat especially) have no freaking concept of what rape is.

It's called a Breed Stand & many respected Breeders use it. The female/male dog may be very agressive & the stand is to prevent either dog from being injured/scarred trying to mate them.

And I'm sure Vicks females were very 'hot'(game fighters) & they would probably rather fight first than breed. The stand is to protect not only the female in heat ,but the other owners stud as well.

When Vick signs his $50 million dollar plus contractt (barring some catastrophe) he won't be thinking of you so you should do likewise & stop obssessing over Vick.

He's Baaaaack!!!!!

JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY JohnWall2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JM720

[QUOTE=Ne 1]Exactly.

I don't care if you baby talk your dog, put a sweater on it for Christmas, kiss it on the mouth or even if you create a Facebook profile for it. At the end of the day its just an animal! I'm just sick of these self righteous hypocrites. I know guys that go out and shoot a deer in the face, behead it, have it stuffed and put it over their fire place as a plaque and think nothing of it but then have the nerve to hate Vick for what he did and say they will never forgive him.

Also funny because deers are peaceful animals, while pit bulls are vicious and responsible for more dog attacks than any other dog breed COMBINED.

Even if your a huge animal lover and a vegetarian isn't America a country second chances?

You have ignorant people that say Michael Vick dosen't deserve forgiveness, what he did was unforgivable and people who say he should have been executed.

So if Vick shouldn't be given a second chance and be forgiven for fighting and killing pit bulls then why do blacks have to forgive whites (or on a larger scale) this country for the atrocities of the past

Woo Woo Woo U Know IT! Zack Ryder's Avatar

mike vick sucks bro

That disgusts me as a Kobe fan. I am extremely disappointed.