Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: If you had to pick: Grizzly Bear vs. Silverback Gorilla

I take it back, give me the gorilla...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7MuF...eature=related

Floyd Mayweather Jr right thurr!

Like what intelligence is being used by the gorrila in this situation? I'm curious.
    Gorillas throw rocks and use sticks/branches to defend themselves. They also stand on their hind legs and beat their chests, which makes them seem larger and intimidates predators.

They also use their surroundings, including trees, to their advantage (hmm, kind of like the predator).

Dunking on everybody in the park bumpyknucks's Avatar

Forget about the Silverbacks weight.....strength is more important. I

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Gorillas throw rocks and use sticks/branches to defend themselves. They also stand on their hind legs and beat their chests, which makes them seem larger and intimidates predators.

They also use their surroundings, including trees, to their advantage (hmm, kind of like the predator).
    Gorillas also back down, bears do not. The beating of the chest is a bluff, and the bear will call it.

You're honestly sitting there thinking some f*cking sticks and stones are gonna help against a grizzly bear?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I take it back, give me the gorilla...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7MuF...eature=related

Floyd Mayweather Jr right thurr!
    That was a mother grizzlie that had no interest in fighting the cougar. Looked like it was only going after the cub. Lol it just put it's head down and tried to walk through the cougar. It didn't give a ****

Blu Ray

There's absolutely no logic going into the majority of these posts. I'm punching out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

lol the gorilla is going to kite the bear with rocks and sticks That shit wouldn't do anything. Some of these bears can take bullets like their bb gun pellets.

I've seen a youube video of 2 grizzlies fighting. All I gotta say is when those f*cker stood up? I dont see how playing dead would save you from an attack. I'm not playing dead, sorry. I'm going to run and hopefully if there is a tree climb to the top. If it climbs up I'll jump off and play dead, literally. Or if there is a cliff with a waterfall I'm diving off like Harrison Ford in Fugitive.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    That was a mother grizzlie that had no interest in fighting the cougar. Looked like it was only going after the cub. Lol it just put it's head down and tried to walk through the cougar. It didn't give a ****
    I was just joking around. Found it funny as hell that Bear got slapped up a few times then bite on the forehead. Bear said f*ck this, I didnt want cub for dinner anyway. I'll be by the lake for some trout.

Intelligence. Gorilla wins.

Also, a gorilla will stand its ground on principle. A grizzly is just looking for an easy meal. There are plenty of meals that will come easier than a silverback gorilla. Same reason cats dont mess with squirrels. The cat would probably win, but eh, no thanks...
    And Gorrillas may be smart but doesnt mean Bears are dumb, they have been known to open tents, can and even sealed oil drums. Plus as many posters said they have a huge weight advantage over the Gorilla.

Kodiak Bear Stats

Size

Size

[QUOTE]Few Kodiak bears have been weighed in the wild, so all weights are estimates. Size range for females is from 500 to 700 pounds and for males 360 kg (800 lbs) to 635 kg (1400 lbs).[7] Mature males average 480

Silver back stats

[QUOTE]Gorillas move around by knuckle-walking, although they sometimes walk bipedally for short distances while carrying food or in defensive situations.[12] Adult males range in height 1.65

What does that intelligence have to do in relation to facing a Grizzly Bear for a fight?

gorilla gonna pull a mcgyver and make a weapon of mass destruction to open a can of whup ass?

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkain
    Hippo?...maybe too slow.
    Naw imo the gorilla would get behind the hippo and then the hippo is ****ed

What does that intelligence have to do in relation to facing a Grizzly Bear for a fight?

gorilla gonna pull a mcgyver and make a weapon of mass destruction to open a can of whup ass?
    bwahahaha cause smarts aint helping you when your half the size of your opponent in a 1 on 1 battle.

I wonder if the Romans had Bears and Gorillas face of in Ancient times.

Blu Ray

First of all, what the f*ck is your avy? Lose a bet? Gross.

Secondly, that's what the f*ck I'm saying. Intelligence doesn't come into play because neither animals are natural enemies. I doubt many bears or gorillas have EVER seen each other in the wild, let alone fought. They would be scared of each other and nothing would happen. And again with the sticks and stones? Yeah, let's throw a couple branches and rocks at a goddamn grizzly bear, yeah, that'll help much.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

http://www.slate.com/id/2212232/

and that's a god damn chimpanzee, imagine how strong a silverback is