Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Default Re: Best Scorer in the League.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    Right because stats are everything

Carmelo, Kobe and Pierce are dominant scorers. And even though Beasley is developing nicely, he is nowhere near the level of the guys named above. You can pull all the stats you want out of your ass but there is a fine line between a scorer like Beasley and some of the most dominant scorers in the NBA. He might get there eventually, I don't know. I guess we'll see but in my opinion he has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
    Right because stats are everything
    Boy didnt i tell you to watch the Link!!!

Boy didnt i tell you to watch the Link!!!
    Yeah I did, it did nothing to convince me Beasley has equal scoring ability to Melo/Kobe/Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    Carmelo, Kobe and Pierce are dominant scorers. And even though Beasley is developing nicely, he is nowhere near the level of the guys named above. You can pull all the stats you want out of your ass but there is a fine line between a scorer like Beasley and some of the most dominant scorers in the NBA. He might get there eventually, I don't know. I guess we'll see but in my opinion he has a long way to go.
    explain

Yeah I did, it did nothing to convince me Beasley has equal scoring ability to Melo/Kobe/Pierce
    That Vid is 7min long

You Liar

That Vid is 7min long

You Liar
    Dude I watched that game

Dude I watched that game
    Give me a complete report on what you seen

Give me a complete report on what you seen
    Re-read my previous arguments and thats what I think about it

explain
    I'm sorry but to me it's obvious. I've watched a lot of Michael Beasley in college and in the NBA, seen enough tape of him. And as I have said before he has made huge strides. He wasn't the player many people thought he was when he entered the League but is getting there. He is nowhere near realising his potential yet.

Now why can't we compare Beasley's scoring ability with Bryant's or Melo's. It's called dominating. As we have seen in their careers (I'm sure you have too) is that players like the ones named above can take over games on the offensive end of the floor. Sure Beasley has had some offensive outbursts but that hasn't resulted in many wins. Bryant and Melo have a ton of games where they took over the scoring load during stretches and carried their teams. They can create their shots from anywhere on the floor. Of course Kobe isn't same ol' Kobe anymore, but he can still get that shot, even without the athleticism. Carmelo has come very close to averaging 30 ppg in his career, he has had some setbacks in those season. For example with the brawl at the Garden and the arrival of AI.

Now I'm not saying Beasley won't be able to do any of those things (although he won't ever do what Kobe did scoring wise from 2005-2008 IMO) he just isn't there yet. He still has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    I'm sorry but to me it's obvious. I've watched a lot of Michael Beasley in college and in the NBA, seen enough tape of him. And as I have said before he has made huge strides. He wasn't the player many people thought he was when he entered the League but is getting there. He is nowhere near realising his potential yet.

Now why can't we compare Beasley's scoring ability with Bryant's or Melo's. It's called dominating. As we have seen in their careers (I'm sure you have too) is that players like the ones named above can take over games on the offensive end of the floor. Sure Beasley has had some offensive outbursts but that hasn't resulted in many wins. Bryant and Melo have a ton of games where they took over the scoring load during stretches and carried their teams. They can create their shots from anywhere on the floor. Of course Kobe isn't same ol' Kobe anymore, but he can still get that shot, even without the athleticism. Carmelo has come very close to averaging 30 ppg in his career, he has had some setbacks in those season. For example with the brawl at the Garden and the arrival of AI.

Now I'm not saying Beasley won't be able to do any of those things (although he won't ever do what Kobe did scoring wise from 2005-2008 IMO) he just isn't there yet. He still has a long way to go.
    Wait so we are talking bout Prime Kobe

I thought you were talking bout current Kobe and Pierce

Yeah.. Prime Kobe/Prime Pierce/Melo

Yeah.. Prime Kobe/Prime Pierce/Melo

Wow I thought you guys were talking bout current

/thread

I don't even know if LeBron is a better scorer than Durant, forget Kobe (when he's healthy for that matter). Yes he's more efficient, but in terms of shot making/ability to create his own shot, I think Kobe is the best in the L in that department. Wade is a better scorer than LeBron also.

For some reason those three guys haven't been themselves these seasons and haven't taken over games like we are used to see, they often turn it around in the Playoffs tho. Even with them not playing well they are still ahead of Beasley, no doubt. But he's just 22 f-ckin' years old. That kid might go places (if he gets out of Minny).