Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Who influences (or inspires) YOU?

mel gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr00vy Baby
    Then ur a *******.
    *******? Are you looking to your gay photos?

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    List your top 5 inspirational/influential figures and why (does not need to be in any specific order, just list 5 from the top of your mind in whatever order):

1) Albert Einstein: Went from a nobody to the man of the century and perhaps the greatest scientist ever. At a young age, people looked down at him and questioned his intelligence in early age and he was pretty socially retarded somewhat. Proves everybody wrong starting in college and created some of the most advanced theories known to mankind that are still pretty widely accepted today + quantum physics field pretty much was started after his research/writings. Crazy guy but very smart. Quite an accomplishment, eh?

2) Mahatma Gandhi: What was he? A tiny guy with bones sticking out of every part of his body with just enough food to stand upright. Then you look at what he did: he took down the British empire through strictly peaceful means. He would starve himself for months at a time if any of his people used violence against the British (and the Muslims later on when India was violently split between Hindus/Muslims after British left). People (from both Hindu and Islam side) would beg him to eat again and stopped violence just for him. After he was shot, he had the largest funeral ever with all of India closing down for days, and it is still a major holiday today. Unbelievable. Arguably the most influential person ever.

3) Martin Luther King Jr.: Much like Gandhi, he believed in getting black rights through only peaceful means (he actually said that he studied Gandhi closely, took out books on Gandhi's philosophy and his teachings and later used those teachings in his own fight). He pretty much was the most important figure in getting blacks their rights and removing the segregation. Gave his life for what he believed in. MLK also had fewer people to work with; Gandhi had all of India behind him while MLK was mostly blacks, who were a minority. I GREATLY respect people that against all odds come out victorious just so that their children could have the same opportunities as others. Of course, there is still lots of racism and the opportunities are not the same between blacks/whites, but it doesn't compare to how it was during the segregation days.

4) JFK: I don't even know where to start. Space race was won during his presidency, first moon landing ever. Closest we have ever came to world annihilation (or at least destruction of much of USA and most of USSR) after Cuban missile crisis but was thwarted by JFK (he went against what most of his Generals were asking for - a preemptive strike on USSR). Youngest president ever, normal family that people can connect with. Drilled Marilyn Monroe and other beautiful women of that time. War hero. Assassinated. Damn, what he could have been if he wasn't assassinated. All we can do is speculate, but he sure was somebody you want to admire.

5) Humanity as a whole: It is inspiration for where we are today as a human race. We have gone through a lot... Quick list of what makes us absolutely awesome. Evolved from apes. Invented tools from stones and firepit for staying warm+cooking. Spoken language and agricultural farming. Domesticated animals. People came together to create civilizations and large cities. Underground sewers, new foods and crops. New ideas coming together from all corners of the globe. Mathematics, physics, economics, philosophy, etc. History being constantly written and retold. Created cars and airplanes. A-bomb and genetic engineering. Space travel, research. The challenge to find new better sources of energy. Hate and love. War and stability. We are where we are today and that in itself is an inspiration to all that it stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    1. Alexander the Great
    2. Jesus Christ
    3. Confucius
    4. Michael Jordan
    5. Larry Bird
    6. Achilles
    7. Napoleon Bonaparte
    8. Isaac Newton
    9. Michael Jackson
    10. Tupac Shakurs
    11. King Arthur
    12. LeBron James
    In your opinion where is he from?

Im beast on rebounds since i started watching BG

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    In your opinion where is he from?

He was from Macedonia.

Last edited by Lebron23; 01-16-2011 at 09:26 AM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Malcolm X
    Jack Johnson
    Neitzche
    Charlie Chaplin
    Teddy Roose

Napoleon
    Warren Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Malcolm X
    Jack Johnson
    Neitzche
    Charlie Chaplin
    Teddy Roose
    Have you read any of the Teddy books by Edmund Morris?

BankShot

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Malcolm X
    Jack Johnson
    Neitzche
    Charlie Chaplin
    Teddy Roose
    for a second i thought you meant

but i'm assuming

right?

Banned

Nick Young, Baron Davis, Sergio Rodriguez, Luis Scola, Marc Gasol

My post game is all Scola and MG33, my perimeter game I try to model after the holy trinity

I try to take life lessons from several great personalities, but mostly I find myself being inspired By Michael Jordan and Imran Khan, and their never say die attitudes.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    for a second i thought you meant

but i'm assuming

right?
    Yep. :)

Beast. Artist in the ring. Provoked Whitey. Travelled Round the World. Oversped and gave a police officer 100$ even though its a 50$ ticket, saying hes gonna come back the same speed. Arbiter of Fashion. Chaser of White Women when it was socially discouraged. Fan of opera. Polarizing figure. Every ingredient of a legit legend.

7-time NBA All-Star

1.Ronnie James Dio- By far the most talented singer I've ever heard and his songwriting has had a huge impact on me. Extremely dedicated to his craft and despite getting older, he never softened or gave into trends, which so many musicians do. I was always very impressed with his intelligence, how he treated his fans and how he conducted himself in general. I am thankful that I got to meet him.

2.Randy Rhoads- I am a guitar player and he is the guitar player who made me want to pick up the instrument and I still find his playing which was musical, creative and technically advanced(particularly for his era) to be inspiring.

3.Sylvester Stallone- His success is very much like the character that made him famous. At 30, without many credits he made something out of himself and he's continued to be successful for 35 years and approaching 65 and being in great shape shows a great work ethic which has inspired me to try to bulk up and get in better shape.

4.Bruce Lee- I grow more and more interested in martial arts and Bruce Lee is another person who showed great dedication and you can't argue with how influential he was and still is.

5.Yngwie Malmsteen- A guitar player who created a unique style which is something I hope to do myself and his masterful technique is something that requires an immense amount of talent and practice.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 01-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.