Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Vs MJ Documenary [Very Interesting]

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    How about D?

Wilt Chamberlain interview 1996.

*Watching Jordan

"To me, the better part of his game is his defense. He becomes very intense and disrupts in the same manner that K.C. Jones did for the Celtics," Chamberlain said. "There are guys who play Jordan who are afraid to put the ball down and afraid to pass. They're always looking and saying, 'Where the hell is Michael?' He'll steal the ball or cause you to do something you don't want to do. But Michael understands that we have always loved numbers and scoring and the point system. The people who score the touchdowns or score the baskets are the guys who get all the applause."
    No doubt Jordan is the better team defender...But I've seen when Kobe wanted to take a guy out of the game, he geared up and became a lock down defending monster...Not on the consistant level of Jordan though, but pure mono e mono lock your man down, when Kobe is geared he's one of the greatest.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

If there's a troll post you don't have to reply to it and go back and forth page after page and ruin a thread.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Walduś
    4 3's per game vs 2 3's per game you mad?

33ppg in the playoffs>>> 25ppg

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I have been always saying that its ridiculous to say that Kobe is not top 10 GOAT but he is no Jordan. He is the closest thing to Jordan we have seen but he is just not as good - kind of "MJ light" and i do not mean this as an insult - simplpy put though, Kobe scores a bit less, is somewhat less efficient, averages slightly less rebounds, assists, and steals, and is not quite the defender Jordan was. Also, Kobe never had truly great finals series - there is nothing like Jordan's massacre of the Suns in 1993 or moments against Utah.
    Last edited by kizut1659; 01-26-2011 at 12:47 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    No doubt Jordan is the better team defender...But I've seen when Kobe wanted to take a guy out of the game, he geared up and became a lock down defending monster...Not on the consistant level of Jordan though, but pure mono e mono lock your man down, when Kobe is geared he's one of the greatest.
    You are right, every now and then, Kobe decides to care about defense. This by all means makes him Jordan's equal on the defensive end. Kobe fans...unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon1121
    You are right, every now and then, Kobe decides to care about defense. This by all means makes him Jordan's equal on the defensive end. Kobe fans...unbelievable.
    Thought I said Jordan was the better defender...

Banned

Waldus.

Why are there these types of threads all the time? Kobe is not the player MJ was, nor will he ever be, but that doesn't mean that he can't be honored and respected for the player he is. 5 championships, an MVP, 2 finals MVPs, and a top 10 player of all time. No need for the (addmitedly inevitable) Jordan comparisons. I'm pretty sure a lot more people would appreciate Kobe if all the fanboys did not raise him up to impossibly high standards.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Thought I said Jordan was the better defender...
    you also said this...

Jordan is the GOAT no doubt. But many don't want to belive that AS BASKETBALL players, pure skill set, no rings, accolades, stats included, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are equals....I know, bring on the onslaught of Jordan groupies...But the truth is the truth.
    How can their skill sets be equal, when Kobe is clearly an inferior defensive player?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon1121
    you also said this...

How can their skill sets be equal, when Kobe is clearly an inferior defensive player?
    Inferior playing Team defense and jumping passing lanes....

If Kobe and Jordan were to go one on one skill vs skill, it would be a close game.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Inferior playing Team defense and jumping passing lanes....

If Kobe and Jordan were to go one on one skill vs skill, it would be a close game.
    now you are going to one on one?

and it wouldn't be close really. jordan's quickness would destroy kobe. kobe is also not nearly as strong. jordan would either blow by him or abuse him in the post. kobe could get hot from the outside, but my guess is that you'd see kobe shooting a lot contested jumpers and really struggling to get anything going offensively. if they played 10 games to 15.

my guess is jordan wins 8 or 9 and wins comfortably in most games 1 on 1.

and 1 on 1 means very little as you know. i'd take dirk over duncan 1 on 1 for sure. obviously not a good indicator of how good a player is.

but again jordan would destroy kobe 1 on 1.
    Last edited by ginobli2311; 01-26-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    now you are going to one on one?
    Yes because this a Kobe vs Jordan thread, skill vs skill.....I've already admitted basketball wise, stats, accolades, Jordan is the greatest. Just pointing out as pure BBall players, they are equal. (Comparing prime vs Prime ofcource)...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    but again jordan would destroy kobe 1 on 1.
    any proof? nope. kobe wins.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Yes because this a Kobe vs Jordan thread, skill vs skill.....I've already admitted basketball wise, stats, accolades, Jordan is the greatest. Just pointing out as pure BBall players, they are equal. (Comparing prime vs Prime ofcource)...
    nah mate. jordan has the huge edge in raw strength/athleticism. i'm not trying to hate, but i honestly don't know how kobe could stop jordan. people forget just how quick MJ was....he had the quickness off the first step of guards. kobe couldn't defend that. and joran has the edge in strength. so how would kobe stop him? if he pressed up jordan would blow by him or back him down. if kobe played off....jordan would just rain jumpers on him.

defensively jordan would have a much easier time stopping kobe. in fact, i really think jordan could pretty much shut him down.