Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Vs MJ Documenary [Very Interesting]

Quote Originally Posted by Walduś
    any proof? nope. kobe wins.
    the proof is in the years watching jordan destroy people on both ends to an extent kobe never has.

i have evidence. you have none. kobe struggles against defenders that play him physcial....and jordan would muscle kobe and have superior quickness to stay in front and have the size to bother his jumper.

how would kobe score? honestly. he couldn't back jordan down because he's weaker, he couldn't blow by jordan because he's not as quick, and he couldn't raise up and drill jumpers because jordan had the size to bother his jumper.

1 vs 2 GOATS! Jordan and Kobe will be sitting at the top of the GOATS list when is all said and done

Last edited by G-Funk; 01-26-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Career avg

Had Kobe came out at same age as MJ

28ppg 6rpg 5apg 46%

Jordan

30ppg 6rpg 5apg 49%
    Last edited by G-Funk; 01-26-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Yes because this a Kobe vs Jordan thread, skill vs skill.....I've already admitted basketball wise, stats, accolades, Jordan is the greatest. Just pointing out as pure BBall players, they are equal. (Comparing prime vs Prime ofcource)...
    also...they aren't equal obviously skill vs skill. all the stuff you mention happened because jordan was a better basketball player. its really not complicated.

kobe is a better range shooter and free throw shooter. thats it though. jordan was better at every other aspect of the game really:

better rim attacker/finisher. better passer. better post player. better defender. better rebounder. better clutch performer.

and then you can get into consistency and ability to raise his game when the going gets tough to a different level. kobe has never really done this.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    nah mate. jordan has the huge edge in raw strength/athleticism. i'm not trying to hate, but i honestly don't know how kobe could stop jordan. people forget just how quick MJ was....he had the quickness off the first step of guards. kobe couldn't defend that. and joran has the edge in strength. so how would kobe stop him? if he pressed up jordan would blow by him or back him down. if kobe played off....jordan would just rain jumpers on him.

defensively jordan would have a much easier time stopping kobe. in fact, i really think jordan could pretty much shut him down.
    Nah, Kobe is an amazing 1on1 ball player...I've seen Kobe shut Bron down on 1 on 1 plays...I have no doubt in my mind that Kobe vs Jordan 1 on 1 would go down to the wire....I've seen highlights of Jordan getting owned 1 on 1 by less atheletic players...Sure it's happened to Kobe before aswell....But players with these 2 guy's skill set's in their primes would find way's to score on eachother....lmao at the notion of Jordan shutting Kobe down 1 on 1..Primed 05-06 Kobe....

Anyway....Jordan is the GOAT...But skill for skill him and Kobe are equal. I'll leave it at that.

Nah, Kobe is an amazing 1on1 ball player...I've seen Kobe shut Bron down on 1 on 1 plays...I have no doubt in my mind that Kobe vs Jordan 1 on 1 would go down to the wire....I've seen highlights of Jordan getting owned 1 on 1 by less atheletic players...Sure it's happened to Kobe before aswell....But players with these 2 guy's skill set's in their primes would find way's to score on eachother....lmao at the notion of Jordan shutting Kobe down 1 on 1..Primed 05-06 Kobe....

Anyway....Jordan is the GOAT...But skill for skill him and Kobe are equal. I'll leave it at that.
    thats cool. agree to disagree. and lebron is a really bad example. lebron would be ten times easier to stop than prime jordan. jordan would be much quicker and a much better shooter. it would be like trying to stop prime wade...but if wade was more athletic, a bit quicker, stronger, better post player, and a much better outside shooter. i just don't see kobe stopping that. but i do see jordan giving kobe fits defensively.
    Last edited by ginobli2311; 01-26-2011 at 01:32 AM.

the proof is in the years watching jordan destroy people on both ends to an extent kobe never has.

i have evidence. you have none. kobe struggles against defenders that play him physcial....and jordan would muscle kobe and have superior quickness to stay in front and have the size to bother his jumper.

how would kobe score? honestly. he couldn't back jordan down because he's weaker, he couldn't blow by jordan because he's not as quick, and he couldn't raise up and drill jumpers because jordan had the size to bother his jumper.
    Wow....So if these 2 Great 1 on 1 Scoring Machine BBall players played 1 on 1, Jordan would win 11-0?

I mean my goodness, ppl act like Jordan is f*cking king dingaling tut...Holy f*cking shit...Kobe has busted players ass's who play better man to man defense than Jordan ever has...Come on with this nonsense..

Wow....So if these 2 Great 1 on 1 Scoring Machine BBall players played 1 on 1, Jordan would win 11-0?

I mean my goodness, ppl act like Jordan is f*cking king dingaling tut...Holy f*cking shit...Kobe has busted players ass's who play better man to man defense than Jordan ever has...Come on with this nonsense..
    no. i said he would win 8 out of 10. i don't think that is far fetched at all. we are talking about prime ****ing jordan here mate. what do you expect?

please explain to me how kobe would score on prime MJ.

and what players has kobe busted that play better man to man defense than jordan? lol if you say bruce bowen....please don go to bowen. for your sake...please don't.

no. i said he would win 8 out of 10. i don't think that is far fetched at all. we are talking about prime ****ing jordan here mate. what do you expect?

please explain to me how kobe would score on prime MJ
    Anyway he feels like it...I've seen Kobe take a bigger stronger LeBron and Ron Artest in the post...F*ck outta here if he can't do the same to Jordan...1 on 1 ball is like they are at practice...Kobe would go apeshit, same with Jordan....Kobe and Jordan eing the same height wouldn't even have trouble poppin Jay's on eachother...

(I swear the fojesus you better not say Jordan is stronger than LeBron and Ron)

dick, if Kobe can back up Lebron he can surely back up MJ, this guy is a idiot.

And he's comparing a Jordan that was able to handcheck, trust me had Kobe been able to hand check, he would be just as good as MJ on defense aside from help defense.
    Last edited by G-Funk; 01-26-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Anyway he feels like it...I've seen Kobe take a bigger stronger LeBron and Ron Artest in the post...F*ck outta here if he can't do the same to Jordan...1 on 1 ball is like they are at practice...Kobe would go apeshit, same with Jordan....Kobe and Jordan eing the same height wouldn't even have trouble poppin Jay's on eachother...

(I swear the fojesus you better not say Jordan is stronger than LeBron and Ron)
    i don't think lebron is close to jordan in terms of defense. prime artest is in the class of jordan....but i think jordan was better (especially in his prime).

and i'm obviously not saying kobe wouldn't score a point. i'm talking about scoring consistently. kobe would not be able to just take jordan into the post and abuse him. that simply would not happen. kobe certainly would not beat jordan on a first step and would struggle shooting over him.

jordan said it himself. "no contest" ...going on to say that he'd have a much better chance to stop kobe than kobe could stop him.

jordan would win 8 out 10....and if they played to 15 he'd win around 15 to 10 on average imo.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Kobe didn't have Pippen or Rodman in his prime. He had Kwame Brown.
    You call 34 -36 yrs old Rodman in his prime?

Rodman's prime was when he won back-to-back DPOY in 1989 & 1990 playing against MJ.

Kobe had prime Shaq to ride on winning 3 rings free as dominant as MVP Shaq was in 1st 3 championships.

Kobe also had all star dominant Big man called Gasol.

Kobe always had dominent big man to carry his weak finals performances

MJ had poor big man called Cartright & Longly & MJ's brilliance in Finals overshadowed their weak center position.

i don't think lebron is close to jordan in terms of defense. prime artest is in the class of jordan....but i think jordan was better (especially in his prime).

and i'm obviously not saying kobe wouldn't score a point. i'm talking about scoring consistently. kobe would not be able to just take jordan into the post and abuse him. that simply would not happen. kobe certainly would not beat jordan on a first step and would struggle shooting over him.

jordan said it himself. "no contest" ...going on to say that he'd have a much better chance to stop kobe than kobe could stop him.

jordan would win 8 out 10....and if they played to 15 he'd win around 15 to 10 on average imo.
    I'm not understanding how Kobe wouldn't get Jordan in the post, when he's done it to Ron ad Bron countless times?...And Ron is a better man to man defender than Jordan....Jordan just has very well passing lane steal skills, and help D...

If they played 10 times....Jordan wins 6 and Kobe wins 4....But with Jordan winning the 2 greater game like 11-9, and 12-10...Going back and forward scoring on eachother all the time.

Jordan is the GOAT no doubt. But many don't want to belive that AS BASKETBALL players, pure skill set, no rings, accolades, stats included, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are equals....I know, bring on the onslaught of Jordan groupies...But the truth is the truth.
    This is the reason I consider guys like you, who are somewhat better than your hardcore waldus, griffmoney type groupies to not be far off from that category. I've seen both of their careers EXTENSIVELY. There is just no way Kobe Bryant is equal to Jordan taking away rings, accolades or whatever. He just isn't. I love Dwyane Wade. I think it would be cool if he could have gotten to the level of Jordan, and he's shown flashes over his career but he just isn't on Jordan's level. He's just not. Neither is Lebron, though he has unreal skills and all the rest of it. Most people generally accept this but for Kobe fans, it's just so damned hard for them. Which I really don't understand why. It's not like he's not still a great player. He's just no Michael Jordan, and never has been. Jordan was stronger, smarter, better defensively, more efficient, a better athlete, better passer, better rebounder, better playoff performer, better crunchtime playoff performer, and on and on. Yet somehow, "they're the same players". Such bullshit, and really something you overwhelmingly only see from Kobe fans.

It's like there's this sect of hardcore Kobe fans that just can't allow themselves to admit the truth, like it's so painful and like it's insulting Kobe or something. That's why they'll say some stupid shit that doesn't even make sense like "ummm, yeah Jordan may be GOAT but uh there's really no difference between him and Kobe as players". Like what does that even mean? It's just their pitiful attempt to try to sound "reasonable" (because deep down they know the truth), but yet somehow get Kobe into the same realm at the same time. What garbage.

And at someone being a "groupie" just because they don't think Jordan and Kobe are equals. NEWSFLASH: Most people with any type of basketball sense don't. You calling anyone who disagrees with your horseshit "groupies" is stupid. You know what? Strip away the accolades and blah blah blah and there's no difference between Paul Pierce and Kobe. Yeay, bring it on Kobe groupies!!! See how ****ing stupid that is?

basically it boils down to this.

mj was a superior defender.
    mj was a superior offensive player.

therefore mj would win in a 1 on 1 game against kobe because they are virtually the same size and play very similar games.

i just don't think they are equal as basketball players. i think that is spewing a lot of bs. i think there are some aspects of kobe's game that are better, but i don't think that would translate into anything going against a prime jordan.

and its not knocking kobe. kobe would have the best chance against jordan out of any guard in history in my opinion. but that doesn't mean it would be close. prime jordan was just so damn quick....i just don't think kobe nor anyone ever could stop that in a 1 on 1 game with no help.

and stopping prime kobe would be very hard, but jordan would be one of the very select few in history that could give prime kobe some trouble imo. and that is the difference.