Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 2011 Discussion

I'm not interested in "Skarlett" at all just yet. I'm more excited for Kenshi. He was a favorite of mine in the 3D MK's. There's so much that can be done with Kenshi, it's awesome they're bringing him back.

Anyone hear about the MK Collection that's being released for download in the summer?

Warner Bros. Interactive will launch a downloadable collection of the first three Mortal Kombat games for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this summer.

The Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will sell for $10, and feature the original Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

"We are very excited to finally have the first three Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play," says Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon in a statement.

The games will appear in their original arcade state, and add online play, leaderboards, Xbox achievements and PlayStation trophies.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-this-summer/1

Also, sales figures in the US are in:

Mortal Kombat was not only the top-selling game of April, it's now surpassed 1 million in sales.

"Our success with Mortal Kombat in the first month of has been very exciting, as we have sold through over a million units so far in North America," said Martin Tremblay, president of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "NetherRealm Studios delivered an awesome game, and the WBIE team provided outstanding marketing, PR and sales support to bring the game to the fans. We'd like to thank all of our partners for their tremendous support in making Mortal Kombat the #1 game in April."

As Game Hunters reported last week, The NPD Group listed Mortal Kombat as the top-selling game of the month. Analyst Doug Creutz of financial services company Cowen and Co., said that Mortal Kombat helped drive April's impressive sales with 887,000 copies sold, far above Cowen's forecast of 600,000.

He noted that April's performance gave the video game industry the best year-over-year software sales numbers since October 2008.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...rk-in-sales-/1

The demand for MK is back in a big way. I even read somewhere that Warner Brothers has made more from MK9 than they paid for all of Midway's assets. That's just crazy. EDIT: here's the link http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ullish-month/1

Finished Challenge Tower! It was quite the journey. I knocked off challenge 262-300 in about an hour and fourty-five minutes.

Now I can really start honing my skill with challenge tower and story mode out of the way. All I have to do now is get a new controller. My control with the transforming D-pad broke, the D-pad literally just came off. Cheap piece of shit. Since I love the PS3 controller since the D-pad has separate buttons, I'm going with the Razer Onza this time. I've heard it's not really good for fighting games, but if I can make this piece of shit defective standard controller work that I'm now left with, the Razer D-Pad will feel like heaven compared.

New Mortal Kombat DLC Classic Skins for Reptile,Scorp,Sub,Kitana,Ermac,Jade, and Milena for $5 June 7th. No New Characters
    Youtube the trailer for them.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    New Mortal Kombat DLC Classic Skins for Reptile,Scorp,Sub,Kitana,Ermac,Jade, and Milena for $5 June 7th. No New Characters
    Youtube the trailer for them.
    Kenshi and Skarlet are coming soon. Sometime in June after the "classic's" DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Kenshi and Skarlet are coming soon. Sometime in June after the "classic's" DLC.
    Don't really care for Skarlet but Ill still buy.
    And I cant wait to play as Human Reptile and Ermac in the classic Ninja Costumes. So I might have to practice with them before the DLC Comes out.

New Skarlett Trailer at IGN.com

Scarlett looks ok still probably buy it.Would have been good to see a Kenshi trailer.Also i dont know why they didnt include smoke,cyrax and sektor classic skins since they are already on disc.

Cant wait for Rain and Reiko be DLC

Noob needs to be nerfed, the spam online with him is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Noob needs to be nerfed, the spam online with him is ridiculous.
    Agreed. They need to slow down his shadow throw's speed and make the recovery time longer. It's ridiculously annoying how some people use him online. I lost a match two days ago from some guy constantly spamming the shadow's and teleport. Never felt so helpless in MK. I beat him in the rematch with Smoke though. First one I had Liu Kang, and it's impossible to stop that shadow BS with him. I have learned to never use Liu Kang against Noob if I can help it, or any character that doesn't have a teleport.

The classic uni's and fatalities DLC has been released for 5 bucks.

There is also going to be another patch coming sometime this week or next week. Here are the fixes.

1. KL spin will have 6 more recovery frames on block
    2. KL hat loop removed
    3. kabal block infinite removed
    4. sonya block infinite removed
    5. various bugs fixed
    6. wake up moves punishing certain characters after a ground breaker removed
    7. stryker xray punsihed on hit fixed
    8. advantage on cyrax command throw lessoned
    9. cyrax command throw break changed from 2 frame windown to 10 frame window
    11. sindel able to scream after 2,1 now and able to juggle with b3~scream
    12. smoke bomb otg removed
    13. cyber sub bomb has a smaller buffer window
    14. jax ex dash punch goes farther and has armor.
    15. jax has a gp fake
    16. quan chi sky drop adv lessoned
    17. quan chi reset after trance removed
    18. quan chi skeletal boost after trance trade removed
    19. quan chi can now move after trance
    20. raiden no longer has adv after b312 and 334 are blocked. he is now at -1

Tweaks coming a few hours after the patch:

1. sonya cannot link military stance after d4
    2. sonya dive kick inf removed
    3. kabal cannot link dash after d4
    4. KL infinite removed
    5. kano up ball is now more disadv on block
    6. more various bugs fixed

Also, Improved netplay*

Smoke bomb otg? on the ground?what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Smoke bomb otg? on the ground?what does that mean?
    That's when he does the air throw and throws the smoke bomb on the bounce from it.

Example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExutknOSGEI

I got good with Smoke a while ago and I never even use that.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 06-09-2011 at 05:56 PM.

[QUOTE] Not enough side-boob for you already in Mortal Kombat? Well then, you

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh3z6...layer_embedded

I hope "???" is Reiko although i hear it could be Fujin.
    Both of those characters would really translate well into 2D. I hope it Reiko, he was another favorite of mine in the 3D Kombats. Any word on the cost of this DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Both of those characters would really translate well into 2D. I hope it Reiko, he was another favorite of mine in the 3D Kombats. Any word on the cost of this DLC?
    $4.99