Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 2011 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    - I am worried about the complaints about the online code. There have been a lot of complaints about MvC3 and it's crappy menus and matchmaking (both true) but whenver I get into a game, it's almost always smooth. I get my ass kicked but at least it's a lag-free experience.

Anyone here given the online play an extended look yet? Is there a decent variety to them as well?
    The complaints about the online code is from people who bought the game used.If you buy it new it comes with the code.

The lobbys are better then the MvC3 ones but i have only played one game online and yes it is a little laggy.I say wait a week to see if the servers get better.I think i'll play a couple of more online games to see if it was that one particular game that was laggy.

Only need one more fight to complete Story Mode

Just beat story mode,it was ofcourse beast as hell.Wont spoil the ending but i hope they have some DLC to extend the storyline.

that's crazy that you've beat it already. i've played story mode for around 2-3 hours already, didn't lose a match and i'm only on the mk2 events. without giving it any spoilers, does it really go through MK1-Armageddon?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    The complaints about the online code is from people who bought the game used.If you buy it new it comes with the code.

The lobbys are better then the MvC3 ones but i have only played one game online and yes it is a little laggy.I say wait a week to see if the servers get better.I think i'll play a couple of more online games to see if it was that one particular game that was laggy.

Only need one more fight to complete Story Mode
    How are the overall fighting mechanics? Are characters/moves fairly balanced? I've read the bosses are extremely cheap but that doesn't really concern me. That's to be expected. This is where I love MvC3. Online, I'll basically face combinations of every character and not just a Sentinel-based team every time. Every character has a use.

I'm probably gonna pick it up this weekend. I figure my SF TE stick will be good for this as well, just gonna need to configure the buttons to my liking for MK.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    that's crazy that you've beat it already. i've played story mode for around 2-3 hours already, didn't lose a match and i'm only on the mk2 events. without giving it any spoilers, does it really go through MK1-Armageddon?
    hmmm no not really it only goes through MK3,the ending of it leaves it open for another game or possible DLC.

How are the overall fighting mechanics? Are characters/moves fairly balanced? I've read the bosses are extremely cheap but that doesn't really concern me. That's to be expected. This is where I love MvC3. Online, I'll basically face combinations of every character and not just a Sentinel-based team every time. Every character has a use.

I'm probably gonna pick it up this weekend. I figure my SF TE stick will be good for this as well, just gonna need to configure the buttons to my liking for MK.
    Yes Shao Kahn is cheap as hell the way to counter his cheapness it to use your own cheap moves.Never fight him straight up cuz you will lose,instead run from him and wait until he taunts you.

Like i said i have only played one online game but overall it seems pretty balanced to me the fight mechanics are great.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Cool, thanks for info. I'm probably gonna go pick it up on Saturday. Fighting games usually have a nice long lifespan (with many add-ons and DLC gouging) so I'm sure I'll be going back to all 3 games over the next few years. I've always been a Street Fighter fan and haven't been too involved with MK since Ultimate MK 3 but MK2 still is up there among the greatest fighting games ever.

The online has been absolutely unplayable for me. It's the only downer for this game so far, but I imagine the servers are getting slammed and the lag issues will be solved within a week or so. I'm running standard Comcast cable internet, it's not the fastest but I've never had this bad of a lag problem with other games. I'm not going to play this game online consistently until it's running better.

Still, I've been having a load of fun with this game playing with friends locally and with the story mode. I don't need the online right now anyway, I still have a lot to learn in this game. I'm still getting readjusted to the 2D fighting considering I haven't been into a 2D fighting game since the 90's. I played a lot of the 3D MK's over the past decade, so it's going to take a several days or so until I'm comfortable.

This has to be the best fighting engine in an MK game, in my opinion. Every character I play with has their uses, imbalance is not a concern with this deep and unique roster. I've already played this game for 10+ hours and feel like I'm only scratching the surface.

Oh yeah, Shao Kahn is a b!tch!

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I bought it today after work. I can't resist when it comes to a good new video game.

Jade=The sexiest female video game character ever. Holy shit. Once I get done with story mode, she will be one of my main characters.

I bought it today after work. I can't resist when it comes to a good new video game.
    Good choice. This is a must have game.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Just went through the tutorial to get a hang of MK controls. It's so weird playing a fighter with a block button again. I'm so used to just pressing back to block. I think this will actually help with my blocking in the Capcom games since I have to now make a more conscious effort to do it. I mapped the buttons on my stick similarly to MvC3 since that had 4 attacks too. Gotta remember to keep my thumb on the block button though.

Really cool game though. Fluid controls and some of the combos aren't too easy to mash but also fair.

Played some king of the hill earlier very fun, online is laggy though but iam still playing.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Awesome game so far. Went through tutorial mode, about 30 levels of the tower so far and a bit of story mode. This game has some very slick presentation. It seems to be a great value too. They really put a ton of effort making sure that it's crammed with interesting stuff to do. Compared to MvC3 where it's a very bare-bones experience, albeit with a fantastic (and probably better) fighting system.

My one complaint is that so far, there isn't TOO much to differentiate the skills and styles between many of the characters IMO. Most of them "feel" and move about the same way. But it's just a different game than MvC3 (I keep comparing them but both have come out this year). There is room for both in gamers library.

Challenge tower #151

Hey undisputed how is that game guide?Code green what do you play on 360 or ps3?

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Challenge tower #151

Hey undisputed how is that game guide?Code green what do you play on 360 or ps3?
    Personally, I love it. But if you go on Amazon.com, people are slamming the hell out of it in reviews.

It's been extremely helpful for the Krypt and learning combo's/moves for the story mode. Only complaint from me is that there is no mention of babalities, Liu Kang's intermediate and expert combo section has the correct pictures but the button inputs are for Kano(biggest problem), and that the "Fatality gallery and warrior evolution" part that they advertised isn't anywhere to be found. Regardless if there are some incorrect things that I have missed or missing content from the description, I got this guide mainly for a keep sake and to help through the story since you play with various characters. Well worth my twenty dollars.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 04-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.