Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Prokhorov: Meeting With 'Melo "Fantastic", Filled with "Real Man Talk"

In an exclusive interview with CNBC's Darren Rovell, Mikhail Prokhorov said he fully enjoyed his meeting with Carmelo Anthony Saturday but wouldn't comment on whether he thought the Nugget All-Star will agree to a trade to the Nets.

"It was a fantastic meeting, trust me," Prokhorov said, smiling. "No words, live music, excellent atmosphere. We looked into each other's eyes. Just real man talk."

It was the first time Prokhorov has spoken to the U.S. media since his January 19 press conference where he famously instructed Billy King to "walk away" from trade negotiations with the Nuggets, saying it had gone on too long and cost the team games. Prokhorov told Rovell he still thinks it was the right decision. He also said he had no intention to meet with Anthony in Los Angeles but that Billy King had asked him to join the discussion.

And even if the Nets don't win Prokhorov in the final stages of the 'Melo-Drama, Prokhorov said it was a good tactical decision because the negotiations forced the rival Knicks to give up more than they wanted. "I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov said. "So it's very good, it's very interesting, it's very competitive."
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/20/2...-real-man-talk

So the meeting went well... It semms like he doesn't even care. Well at least we have finally heard from him.

Banned

Default Re: Prokhorov: Meeting With 'Melo "Fantastic", Filled with "Real Man Talk"

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/20/2...-real-man-talk

So the meeting went well... It semms like he doesn't even care. Well at least we have finally heard from him.

is this moron gay? cause he just said they both enjoyed listening to music while watching each others in the eyes? wtf?

russians are weird.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Next Jordan's Avatar

Default Re: Prokhorov: Meeting With 'Melo "Fantastic", Filled with "Real Man Talk"

He just learned English so i'll give him a pass.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I will always hate Jersey for ruining (or some might say, exposing the lie of) the Antoine Walker Era. But it's hard not to like Prokhorov.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    is this moron gay? cause he just said they both enjoyed listening to music while watching each others in the eyes? wtf?

russians are weird.

Read the article. It doesn't sound like the meeting went well at all. He makes a point to say a good thing was they drove the price up for the Knicks. Does that sound like they accomplished selling Melo on NJ? Do you hear NY talking about the meeting? Or drivign up the price for NJ?

Great college starter

Prokhorov is a cool guy..I wish he owned a better team though

He would absolutely rape the league if there was no cap like baseball

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    is this moron gay?
    Moron? He's made more money than you could dream of.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Read the article. It doesn't sound like the meeting went well at all. He makes a point to say a good thing was they drove the price up for the Knicks. Does that sound like they accomplished selling Melo on NJ? Do you hear NY talking about the meeting? Or drivign up the price for NJ?
    He isn't trying to get Melo exclusively, he is trying drive up our price in an effort for us to have a weaker product.

But just in case they have a shot or not for Melo, I think NJ would try to still deal with Denver for the vast amount of other players they have that I'm sure they want to get rid of.

Melo never wanted Jersey or meet with them.

He was forced to do so, to meet with the Knicks.

Prokhorov is gonna be doing stuff like this for a while.

They are coming to Brooklyn, and they want a piece of our city.

I'm pretty sure he would have just put his foot down again. Plus you can never really tell what is going to happen with him... who knows?

So what going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I'm pretty sure he would have just put his foot down again. Plus you can never really tell what is going to happen with him... who knows?
    i actually think the NEts have a shot. I just don't see how people look at some of these things and see positive things. This meeting seemed anything but positive. I know the Nets are a fallback position, but not because of this meeting. What Prokorov got from the meeting was that he could drive up the price for the Knicks. That was really not the point.

Thats how they roll in Russia

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

So what going on?
    Proky really said "Melo, I know you wanna go to the Knicks. I understand why", "but right now I am gonna screw them, because you are sitting right here with me".

In the words Uri in the movie 2012......

"We are taking the Bentley".

i actually think the NEts have a shot. I just don't see how people look at some of these things and see positive things. This meeting seemed anything but positive. I know the Nets are a fallback position, but not because of this meeting. What Prokorov got from the meeting was that he could drive up the price for the Knicks. That was really not the point.
    You never know with him. Maybe he is only saying half the story?
    Prokhorov isn't conceding. He's saying either way, its a win-win. We either get Melo or we get the Knicks to overpay.
    From Netsdaily twitter.
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 02-20-2011 at 07:13 PM.