Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EuJazz
    He rode the bench and averaged 3 points tops in Philly/Dallas his first 3 years. Don't bring up career averages, those years DRASTICALLY skew them.

In his last year with Utah he scored 12.3 points in a much slower paced, half-court game (93 ppg), on 45.4% shooting.

In his first year with Phoenix (last year), he averaged 14.7 points in a much faster-paced offense (108 ppg), on 45.7% shooting.

Game, set, Dirk.
    dont forget the 10 extra minutes a game he played.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

He rode the bench and averaged 3 points tops in Philly/Dallas his first 3 years. Don't bring up career averages, those years DRASTICALLY skew them.

In his last year with Utah he scored 12.3 points in a much slower paced, half-court game (93 ppg), on 45.4% shooting.

In his first year with Phoenix (last year), he averaged 14.7 points in a much faster-paced offense (108 ppg), on 45.7% shooting.

Game, set, nash.
    well said biatch

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    well said biatch
    you really are a douche-bag. Ive made my points. You can either listen to them or continue to be an idiot. Up to you but im pretty much done with this thread.

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bumpyknucks
    Marion putting up 20 ppg on a 20, 30, or even 40 win teams is alot less impressive to me than doing it on a 50 and 60 win teams.
    So you concede that Nash didn't make Marion better? Deal.

Pla-Plow!

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

no one invited you, and it wasnt you who i quoted, if i struck a never and undid months of therapy after nash won mvp over your boy dirk im really sorry about it

Dunking on everybody in the park bumpyknucks's Avatar

Default re

He rode the bench for a reason. He

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    those player were facing true mvp candidates.

payton, KJ, strickland and stockton were facing prime jordan, prime hakeem, drob, young shaq for the award, those players were getting 60 wins every year and putting almost unmatchable numbers.

thomas was facing magic, bird and jordan as well.

tim hardaway was facing prime shaq and prime duncan during the era in when they were ruling the league.

steve nash didnt win mvp because he was better than those beforementioned players, but because his competition is weaker, shaq is way past his days of mvp contention, duncan is probably in his last couple years of contention for the award, nash won it because he was going against a couple of overhyped guards who haven't done jack in their lives and who barely crack 40 something and 50 wins in kobe and lebron.

nash isnt better than stockton, payton, strickland, whoever, he didnt win because he was better than those players were, but because his competition sucked.
    Thank You and goodnight.

And I wasn't even aware of Nash's stats over the last three eyars. Thanks for that GOBB.

Saw a basketball once singmingming's Avatar

Red face Nash Deserves At Least 1 Mvp

Well, i don't know about two but he for sure deserves one. He's just one of a kind guy. Best point in NBA alongside Jason Kidd and Chris Paul.

Nash dropped 16pts and 14 assists tonight. That assist avg will rise to 11.68.

He rode the bench for a reason. He

College star

He had them both the first year, jackass. Nash has always had one or the other. You'd have to say 'Where would Amare and Marion lead the Suns without Nash.'

Which, with Barbosa at point guard, there's not too big of a dropoff (what, 18 points and 7 assists instead of 18 and 10?) So in that case they average what, 102-104 points instead of around 110? Damn! They'll never win!
    You are a certified idiot. You are telling me that equal numbers translate into equal impact? So, Barbosa could do what Nash does just with less assists?

People like you make it hard to read a thread without bumping into ignorance on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Nash dropped 16pts and 14 assists tonight. That assist avg will rise to 11.68.

Oh my God 11.7??? GOAT! GOAT!

He's the best point guard ever because he plays how a point guard is supposed to, pass-first, in an era where passing is a lost art.

A whole 11.7? That doesn't warrant an MVP. Not even today.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    You are a certified idiot. You are telling me that equal numbers translate into equal impact? So, Barbosa could do what Nash does just with less assists?

People like you make it hard to read a thread without bumping into ignorance on this site.
    Then....don't....read it....and....leave.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Thank You and goodnight.

And I wasn't even aware of Nash's stats over the last three eyars. Thanks for that GOBB.
    gobbs numbers werent even close to what nash has averaged over the last three years, they are what he is averaging THIS year in a very short sample size which is largely skewed because he just had a career night.

College star

He's the best point guard ever because he plays how a point guard is supposed to
    Yea. I mean...its SOOO damn easy to play how a point is supposed to play. I mean....EVERYBODY is averaging 11 assists per game. And giving passes reminiscent of Magic's days. And scoring over 50% from 3pt and FG. Yea. He's supposed to do that.

Kid. Guy. Whatever the eff you are. You seriously need to start appraoching things with intelligence. Because I'm starting to doubt you even have a brain. Do you bother to read what you post before ou post it?

Anyway. Its never going to change. Some people are going to support Nash and his MVP's. Others will not. That will never change. We can sit and argue about arguing over who's career was not made better with Nash and all that hoop-la all we want. You still have the doubters. Like someone said before, Nash won't be appreciated until he is gone from the game and the NBA represents the days when ball movement and crisp passes and "fun" basketball was a thing of the 80s.