Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YCC vs. CJK

Default YCC vs. CJK

As a long time lurker I must say that the current YCC vs CJK battle has been most amusing. However like most things on ISH it became old and stale long before it was over. Here's my take fwiw:

The CJK is not an actual organized group. I know this comes as a shock to most of you. When bruinlove and other trolls started getting loads of red bars they assumed it had to be due to a conspiracy amongst posters with high post counts and lots of positive rep. What Sergio failed to recognize was that his trolling and that of his ilk came to a climax at the same time as the ability to negative rep a poster mysteriously came back. Their (sergio, et al) postings begged for negative rep. Since the well established posters had both the means and the incentive (ie piss off the trolls), serg and his like found themselves with multiple red bars. This resulted in a fury as the attention whores fought with their inner demons as well as the fact that they were losing influence in the one arena they thought they held: imaginary personas on an internet message board.

Out of the chaos came bruinlove's YCC. A brilliant move. Classically inspired and creatively promoted by its founder. The battle lines were drawn. All indications pointed to total domination for the young rebels. The additions of J$ and Dasher all but guaranteed victory.

Yet despite some initial successes the YCC failed to achieve ultimate victory on the battlefield. What was their downfall? I point to 3 main causes:

1. Numbers: Aside from J$, Dasher and Bruinlove the YCC consisted of some of the worst adolescent Kobe sans and hangers on imaginable. While the 3 leaders have above average intelligence, the vast majority of their followers are dumber than a bag of Kardashians. Even the dumbest of the so-called CJK can at least form a sentence.

2. The CJK is made up of credible posters. You may not agree with them but one must admit that JtotheIzzo, Pete's Montreux, Boozehound, Legend of Josh, DeuceWallaces, Rufuspaul, Bankshot, Dolphin, etc. are well established, quality posters. The OTC would not be the same without them. What would a YCC victory look like? I don't think anyone was ready for 24/7 trolling.

3. Bruinlove's folly: his actions actually created a CJK when previously no such group existed. By calling out a group of posters and accusing them of collaborating, he actually caused them to rise up and unify against him.

Other factors were at play too. For instance trying to make this a war against the old bald guys was doomed to fail from the start as most credible young posters (professor murder,b-low, mlh, powerglove, hayden, playtetris, Zen, plowking, Thorpe, etc.) couldn't care less about the age of the posters but relied instead upon the content of their posts.

Overall I enjoyed this war. I hope both sides can rebuild and reach some sort of consensus that revives and enlightens the board.

Banned

Default Re: YCC vs. CJK

Too long, didn't read. Skimmed a bit, looked like a giant let me suck your ***** CJK post tho. Go on boys, run a train on his fagot ass.

Quote Originally Posted by HotelManager
    Too long, didn't read.

Congratulations CJK. The inmates now control the asylum.

Banned

lol

you crazy if you think we reading that sh1t. All I have to say is them old fakkits don't hold a candle to YCC. Red Gang b1tch!!!!!

NBA Superstar

That, and the YCC ranks weren't as numerous as they appeared, Sergio's troll account NoName22 was the most active, and other low post count high forum knowledge posters were obvious gimmicks. Its like a third world dictator padding the ballot box with fake voters.

I'll admit scoring J$ and Dasher got a lot of the groupie posters excited (not being mean, just going off the reactions in some posters posts when they found out), but they were more in tacit approval of a bit of forum stimuli, not down for the cause so to speak.

People will say: "Why Jizzo? Why did you troll the last few days, you are just as bad as they are for doing so?"

Fair question, but in reality, I started this last Friday when I got Earl and Sergio all excited, and when I came back Sunday I saw this had ballooned out of control and figured I'd better put out the fire. A slow week of work made it easy to do so.

I've kept to my own while this debauchery of words have been firing back & forth between these cats because I've been dealing with some heavy personal shit over the past few days but essentially what you're insinuating here is that this war of words all derived from rep... Or negative rep per say?

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I've kept to my own while this debauchery of words have been firing back & forth between these cats because I've been dealing with some heavy personal shit over the past few days but essentially what you're insinuating here is that this war of words all derived from rep... Or negative rep per say?

Pretty much. The worst case of butt hurt ever.

Banned

No, he's saying he likes cawk in a$$.

No, he's saying he likes cawk in a$$.
    So he's my kinda guy then...

What hotel you managing these days?

NBA Superstar

What hotel you managing these days?
    its a resting home for his past failed accounts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    lol at this cool guy following me around. got life?

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

I've tried to remain neutral through all of this but that was pretty fukking funny.

NBA Superstar

lol at this cool guy following me around. got life?
    I figured I'd open another email account, and start another ISH username so I could troll the OTC.

I am sure you know about that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius 2.0

I've tried to remain neutral through all of this but that was pretty fukking funny.
    I doubt you really laughed or even cracked a grin.

NBA Superstar

I don't you really laughed or even cracked a grin.

multiple thread butthurtness, looks like you're gettin a train run on you.