Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Nobody is saying Green isn't good but the main reason why Boston are so great is their size...without Perk they lose a big advantage over Miami/ L.A.
    LA had a size advantage over Boston WITH Perk. Perk couldn't keep Bynum off the glass, Boston was the league's second worst team on the boards WITH Perkins' overrated ass back in '09/10. They're still second worst without him this year.

Boston loses little and gains a 15 PPG scorer off the bench and a seven footer with a J. That's how I see it. No one would give a f@ck about Perkins if he didn't play for a great team. We'll see how sick his D is without KG and company. The guy is a good man defender, but he isn't about to turn OKC into the stingiest team in the league.

Kendrick Perkins is Kwame Brown without the stigma of being a major bust. Strong guy, great man defender, offensive liability.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Yeah, Shaq is tiny. Krstic is a midget. JO shrunk to 6'5 in his old age.
    I heard Shaq and JO are super young and always healthy. And Kristic. Don't get me started on him. He's a 20/12 every night. A starting big with good D > a scorer off the bench.

Last edited by jasonresno; 02-24-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    I heard Shaq and JO are super young and always healthy. And Kristic. Don't get me started on him. He's a 20/12 every night.

Perkins was healthy? Perkins was doing 20/12? I'm not saying Shaq, Krstic, or JO are awesome... I'm saying Perkins isn't that f@ckin' great and Boston got a really good player out of him.

Perkins gettin mad overrated in these parts.

Local High School Star

Perkins was healthy? Perkins was doing 20/12? I'm not saying Shaq, Krstic, or JO are awesome... I'm saying Perkins isn't that f@ckin' great and Boston got a really good player out of him.
    I'm just saying out of Shaq/JO how many playoff games do you think they're going to miss? And outta the ones they do play how heavy do you think they can go minutes wise?

Big wins in the postseason, that's all.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    I'm just saying out of Shaq/JO how many playoff games do you think they're going to miss? And outta the ones they do play how heavy do you think they can go minutes wise?

I'm not worried about Shaq. JO? Who knows, I'll give you that. Krstic? He should be fine. Sheed's probably coming out of retirement to fill one of these newly emptied roster spaces, f@ck, he's big.

Magic Johnson

This move would more way more sense if the Celtics actually had a gaping hole at small forward or shooting guard. Fortunately, they have Pierce and Ray. They could put Green at power forward, but that Kevin Garnett guy is pretty good, and so is Big Baby. I just don't see why they gave up so much for somebody who's going to be sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter. Perkins, while not a statistical freak, was one of the best pick and roll defenders out there and epitomized the Celtics' defense. Guys like KG have called Perkins the anchor to the defense. Wasn't this the guy who would've made all the difference in game 7? I guess not.

Local High School Star

Perkins is asking for more money after this season which the Celtics can't afford... Why can't some people understand this simple fact?

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Good job neither of the primary Bulls bigs have been injured this season then

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by dwightderon
    I believe it's a good trade for both teams.
    I don't think so.
    I cant wait to see what Charles has to say about this

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Nobody is saying Green isn't good but the main reason why Boston are so great is their size...without Perk they lose a big advantage over Miami/ L.A.

Perk has only played 12 games this season and they are still mauling everyone. Even with various injuries to KG, Rondo, Shaq...

Right now, we don't even know if Perk is gonna be a factor this year. Remember he came back from a big injury and his other knee is now not working well.

-Smak

Local High School Star

I'm not worried about Shaq. JO? Who knows, I'll give you that. Krstic? He should be fine. Sheed's probably coming out of retirement to fill one of these newly emptied roster spaces, f@ck, he's big.
    He's already said he's staying retired. Krstic is OK, but that's it. If you're going to war against Odom/Bynum/Gasol or Dwight Howard you want more than a jumpshooting euro C, a halfway retired JO, or a "i can run the court twice in a game" shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacquiao
    Perkins is asking for more money after this season which the Celtics can't afford... Why can't some people understand this simple fact?
    Why not give it one more run for another ring? Besides, Green is an RFA and he's going to be asking for a good deal as well.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Good job neither of the primary Bulls bigs have been injured this season then
    They have been?

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Wasn't this the guy who would've made all the difference in game 7?
    According to morons, yeah. Rasheed was fine in that game. Boston's D was fine. LA only scored 83 points. Unfortunately for Boston, they couldn't put the ball in the basket either, and LA beat them up on the offensive glass. Perkins didn't help them rebound the ball anyway, so I don't buy that excuse.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Pacquiao
    Yeah, and so will Green...