Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

I love the audacity of the OKC front office, they smell blood and putting the cards on the table

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Lakers reaction to this news:

If the Lakers meet the Celtics in the Finals, then Gasol and Bynum will just roflstomp 90-year old Shaq, the-player-formerly-known-as-JO and that big, super-soft jumping Euro Krstic and that rookie goofy European guy into the ground. If Perkins hadn't gotten hurt, then the Finals may have ended up differently. I bet Dwight Howard is just frothing at the mouth too. Really, really trade for Boston.

As for the OKC Thunder, the reason that they gave the Lakers a run is because they were younger and faster. Now, they are just...more conventional. Overall, I think the OKC Thunder are a better team, but the Lakers do not fear the Thunder with Perkins (who missed how many games this year? 40-some?) and Nazr Mohammed (LOL). With only 20-some odd games to gel before the playoffs?

The winner of this trade? The Los Angeles Lakers!
    At this point the Magic won't even make it out of the first round anyway with the way they're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Murphy/Rip Hamilton/Sheed better all be signing with Boston, if that 'Quis to the Kings thing was true.
    Celtics have 3 open roster spots but I think murphy, parker are more probably than rip and sheed.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    I love the audacity of the OKC front office, they smell blood and putting the cards on the table

Dude no doubt about it, OKC made a GREAT couple of moves man. They've gotten bigger, and nastier on the inside with the acquisition of Nazr, and Kendrick. And then they have Nate coming off the bench? THATS PRETTY DAMN SOLID.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'm gonna see if I can work out a deal where Presti gets 51% ownership if he comes and runs the Pacers

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Default Re: Celtics to trade Perkins?

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Thunder just gave themselves at a shot at the WFC.
    I don't agree tbh. I think they just got a bit worse. They lose some quickness and instant scoring. Jeff Green was a valuble offensive weapon for them. Thunder might match up better against LA now, but do they match up better against the Mavs or Spurs after this? I'm not so sure. Though I guess they matched up against SA like crap anyway before trade. So some chance at WCF is better than no chance.

Still their best chance at actually reaching the WCF is to get higher than the 4 seed. Maybe they can do it now?

Not airballing my layups anymore 3ptShooter's Avatar

but

Man, a lot is going to be riding on the health of JO and Shaq now.....wow.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

They better hope Shaq is 100% in the postseason or the Celtics are done.

This is all apart of Boston's plan to knock us out before the Finals...By Making Thunder better, it will be a difficult task for the Lakers and other teams in the West to defeat them...Boston knows they can't beat the Lakers, this is their give up plan.

Wasn't Celtics playing great without Perk? It isn't like Perk is great on offense....As for defense and rebounding...Ahh, Shaq can push ppl around with his fat ass and still grab boards, also Big Baby is a great 5th option hustle player...Oh, and they still have some guy named Kevin Garnett, maybe, just maybe he has what it takes to play defense and get rebounds...

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    At this point the Magic won't even make it out of the first round anyway with the way they're playing.
    Yeah, which means they might meet Boston (1-3 seed locked) as a 6-8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Lakers reaction to this news:

If the Lakers meet the Celtics in the Finals, then Gasol and Bynum will just roflstomp 90-year old Shaq, the-player-formerly-known-as-Jermaine O'Neal, super-soft jumping Euro Krstic and that rookie goofy European guy into the ground. If Perkins hadn't gotten hurt, then the Finals may have ended up differently. I bet Dwight Howard is just frothing at the mouth too. Really, really trade for Boston.

As for the OKC Thunder, the reason that they gave the Lakers a run is because they were younger and faster. Now, they are just...more conventional. Overall, I think the OKC Thunder are a better team, but the Lakers do not fear the Thunder with Perkins (who missed how many games this year? 40-some?) and Nazr Mohammed (LOL). With only 20-some odd games to gel before the playoffs?

The winner of this trade? The Los Angeles Lakers!
    Perkins is not a guy who will be difficult to incorporate into a team. Its not like he needs the ball. He has played in one of the best systems in the league, he wont be as difficult to gel as you think

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    This is all apart of Boston's plan to knock us out before the Finals...By Making Thunder better, it will be a difficult task for the Lakers and other teams in the West to defeat them...Boston knows they can't beat the Lakers, this is their give up plan.

Wasn't Celtics playing great without Perk? It isn't like Perk is great on offense....As for defense and rebounding...Ahh, Shaq can push ppl around with his fat ass and still grab boards, also Big Baby is a great 5th option hustle player...Oh, and they still have some guy named Kevin Garnett, maybe, just maybe he has what it takes to play defense and get rebounds...

Magic Johnson

I don't understand why the Celtics would do this, unless 'Sheed plans on coming back. It's not like they can put Green on the floor with Allen, Pierce, AND KG. One of them would have to sit.

3ptShooter, those pics made me LOL. Especially the Shaq with IcyHot one. He's the oldest player in the league now, and no disrespect to Shaq, but he's what the Celtics are hoping on to neutralize Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum?!