Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: If Rose wins MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    thats what im saying will it be the least impressive season to ever win the award and here comes the Bulls fans.....Im a HUGE rose fan
    I think Dirk and Nash's MVP's were the least impressive....

Local High School Star

I think if LBJ wins it with Wade and Bosh on his team that'll be even less impressive, IMO. Especially if they finish with a similar record as the Bulls.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T-bomb 25
    I think Dirk and Nash's MVP's were the least impressive....
    Dirk: 24.6/50%/41.6 3%/90% ft/3.4 and 67 wins

Local High School Star

Rose should win followed by Dwight and Dirk,Lebron should be 4th....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    I think if LBJ wins it with Wade and Bosh on his team that'll be even less impressive, IMO. Especially if they finish with a similar record as the Bulls.
    I agree

Local High School Star

Dirk: 24.6/50%/41.6 3%/90% ft/3.4 and 67 wins
    Thats certainly a lot wins....

Banned

Thats certainly a lot wins....
    yep, that was an impressive season by Dirk.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Javat_90
    I dont agree with worst player, perhaps less efficient, but not worse player.

He has been having a great season, Chicago is being Chicago mainly thanks to him. He is being very clutch and taking over games.

But the team is still lacking scoring hability, specially perimeter scoring, so Rose has to take more shots and take more scoring responsability than he should have to in a 100 % ideal situation.
    No, Thib's defense is mainly the reason Chicago is Chicago. Look at Rose's shooting last night-- 9/24. That's typical Rose. Only the biggest homers can deny that he was only the third best player on the floor last night. Swap him for a more efficient, more dominant superstar, and the Bulls are favorites in the East.

My issues with Rose being MVP-- this early in his career in a season where there is no argument to be made that he's the best player in the league-- are the significance of the award in terms of history and legacy and then also the fact that he'll also get 1st team automatically along with it. Now you can argue between Kobe and Rose who merits one of the guard spots.

But, the thing is, both of them will get it, and Wade will get screwed even though he's outplaying both of them and the Heat have a better record than either the Lakers or the Bulls. If the voters even think before they automatically cast a ballot for Kobe, they will think to themselves that since Kobe is the Lakers #1 and Wade is perceived as LBJ's second, that Kobe should get the slot..

Local High School Star

yep, that was an impressive season by Dirk.
    But was that the year they went out in the 1st round?

Local High School Star

Dirk averaged over 10rpg that year to....that was a very impressive MVP campaign...my mistake on that 1.

Banned

But was that the year they went out in the 1st round?
    yeah

Nothing Derrick Rose is doing right now is unimpressive. If anything, how people underrated him earlier and continue to do so, consequently overhypes him NOW by knee-jerk reactionists and band-wagoners. He really is that good though, & his impact on the Bulls is that significant.

And no, he would not be the worst player to win it.

Out of curiousity...
    OP, where'd your 17 year old blackness go?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    No, Thib's defense is mainly the reason Chicago is Chicago. Look at Rose's shooting last night-- 9/24. That's typical Rose. Only the biggest homers can deny that he was only the third best player on the floor last night. Swap him for a more efficient, more dominant superstar, and the Bulls are favorites in the East.

My issues with Rose being MVP-- this early in his career in a season where there is no argument to be made that he's the best player in the league-- are the significance of the award in terms of history and legacy and then also the fact that he'll also get 1st team automatically along with it. Now you can argue between Kobe and Rose who merits one of the guard spots.

But, the thing is, both of them will get it, and Wade will get screwed even though he's outplaying both of them and the Heat have a better record than either the Lakers or the Bulls. If the voters even think before they automatically cast a ballot for Kobe, they will think to themselves that since Kobe is the Lakers #1 and Wade is perceived as LBJ's second, that Kobe should get the slot..
    Naw dude his quickness and ability to get to hole and pass or shoot in clutch situations is not replaceable..your totally wrong...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
    Nothing Derrick Rose is doing right now is unimpressive. If anything, how people underrated him earlier and continue to do so, consequently overhypes him NOW by knee-jerk reactionists and band-wagoners. He really is that good though, & his impact on the Bulls is that significant.

And no, he would not be the worst player to win it.

Out of curiousity...
    OP, where'd your 17 year old blackness go?
    the most racist line I have ever read

Saw a basketball once

I don't understand why everyone uses stats to judge who should be the MVP. MVP is not an award given to the best player in the NBA. Michael Jordan would have won it at least 9 times in his career if that were the case. I didn't see anybody vouching for Kobe to win in 2006 when he was averaging over 35 ppg.

The people who are overrating Rose clearly don't watch the Bulls games. There's no way his teammates would be scoring as easily if Rose was not getting attention, penetrating and dishing. He's not the kind of player who will try to win by scoring a lot of points. The only reason the Bulls seem to have a worse record when Rose scores a lot of points is because he feels the need to turn it on since teammates are struggling. This is exactly what Kobe does.

And lets be honest, the game in the NBA has changed way too much for someone to adamantly say that Rose is worse than all of the players in that list. I'm sure OP would take Rose over Dave Cowens to build a team around ANY day.