Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: If Rose wins MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    yeah
    I think choking in playoffs will always stop Dirk from winning MVP from here on out i think the voting will reflect that...without Butler im not entirely convinced they will get out of the 1st round this year...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T-bomb 25
    I think chocking in playoffs will always stop Dirk from winning MVP from here on out...without Butler im not entirely convinced they will get out of the 1st round this year...
    yep thats why if Lebron wins it after what happened last year

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Dirk is the worst to ever win it.
    LOL

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    No, Thib's defense is mainly the reason Chicago is Chicago. Look at Rose's shooting last night-- 9/24. That's typical Rose. Only the biggest homers can deny that he was only the third best player on the floor last night. Swap him for a more efficient, more dominant superstar, and the Bulls are favorites in the East.

My issues with Rose being MVP-- this early in his career in a season where there is no argument to be made that he's the best player in the league-- are the significance of the award in terms of history and legacy and then also the fact that he'll also get 1st team automatically along with it. Now you can argue between Kobe and Rose who merits one of the guard spots.

But, the thing is, both of them will get it, and Wade will get screwed even though he's outplaying both of them and the Heat have a better record than either the Lakers or the Bulls. If the voters even think before they automatically cast a ballot for Kobe, they will think to themselves that since Kobe is the Lakers #1 and Wade is perceived as LBJ's second, that Kobe should get the slot..
    Rose is typically a 37% shooter?

Quit reading there. Rose is a 45%/35%/84% shooter.

Your opinion is null.

As well as point this out: Only player top 10 in both PPG/APG. Top 10 in the league in PAR (points assists rebounds). Top GUARD in the league in PAR. He's also one of only 5 or 6 people to average 25/8 in the last 30+ years. He's top 10 in PPG in the "clutch" (under 5 minutes, neither team up or down by more than 4 or 5) and is also top 11 in APG in the "clutch". He's also lead Bulls to come from behind wins 13 times when the Bulls entered the 4th quarter down.

So, yeah. He's typically a 37% shooter.

The hell you smoking?
    Last edited by jasonresno; 02-25-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Banned

If Roase wins MVP........... he will still lose in the 2nd round /thread you ******gers

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    If Rose wins it he will also be the 1st in NBA history to win it having lower than 4th best team record in the NBA.

No player has ever won it having worse than the 4th best team record and it happened only once a player won it having the 4th best team record and that player was Michael Jordan in 1987-88 averaging 35-6-6.......
    I keep telling you it happened twice. And it happened to a Laker that was on your screenname teams. Kareem won it with a loosing record in '76.

Local High School Star

I like Rose to win the MVP,and with the Celtics getting rid of Perkins and relying on the old brittle O'neals their interior defense is no longer imposing,the Heats just missing to many pieces and their just not sorted with their offense, i like Chicago to come out of the east.....

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    Rose is typically a 37% shooter?

Quit reading there. Rose is a 45%/35%/84% shooter.

Your opinion is null.

As well as point this out: Only player top 10 in both PPG/APG. Top 10 in the league in PAR (points assists rebounds). Top GUARD in the league in PAR. He's also one of only 5 or 6 people to average 25/8 in the last 30+ years. He's top 10 in PPG in the "clutch" (under 5 minutes, neither team up or down by more than 4 or 5) and is also top 11 in APG in the "clutch". He's also lead Bulls to come from behind wins 13 times when the Bulls entered the 4th quarter down.

So, yeah. He's typically a 37% shooter.

The hell you smoking?
    I mean he's typically an inefficient, volume shooter. He may not always be that poor. But, last year when he was shooting less, he was at 48%. It's difficult to maintain efficiency as usage increases. Only the very, very best players can do it.

The Iverson comparison has been well-worn, but the formula is the same. Iverson didn't deserve MVP in 01, and Rose doesn't deserve it this year. In both cases, the true MVP was the coach's defensive system.

LeBron James is still MVP.

Banned

yeah I should change my first post. I dont mean the " WORST" player to ever mean. Im talking the least impressive season
    Alright, then I agree with you.

Although Iverson in 01 or Nash in 05, 06 werent that impressive either.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I mean he's typically an inefficient, volume shooter. He may not always be that poor. But, last year when he was shooting less, he was at 48%. It's difficult to maintain efficiency as usage increases. Only the very, very best players can do it.

The Iverson comparison has been well-worn, but the formula is the same. Iverson didn't deserve MVP in 01, and Rose doesn't deserve it this year. In both cases, the true MVP was the coach's defensive system.

LeBron James is still MVP.
    45% is inefficient? 37% nights are more atypical than a 45%+

Just from raw numbers 45/35/85 looks pretty damn legit to me.

And LBJ really isn't. When you have two MVP candidates on one team, you really have 0.
    Last edited by jasonresno; 02-25-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

He won't be the worst player to win it..

Won't be the worst player. Could be one of the worst efficient players to win it in terms of his stats... but I couldn't care less about that.

the most racist line I have ever read
    No, it isn't & no, I'm not a racist. Shall I rephrase to "your celebratorily ignorant, urban/ebonics massacre of the English language"?

Banned

no he won't, that title will forever belong to 09-10 mvp

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
    No, it isn't & no, I'm not a racist. Shall I rephrase to "your celebratorily ignorant, urban/ebonics massacre of the English language"?
    racist