Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why are the Heat "elite"?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    I disagree. They have a PG who can average 25 ppg in a series. A 20/10 guy, a 18/7 guy. A Center who can dominate on the offensive boards. A bench player who can get hot and average over 10 ppg.
    Miami has bench players who can score with miller, haslem, jones, house. Jones can get hot and shoot the 3, the guy just won the 3-pt contest. house is top 6 for 3 pt shooters this year, and haslem has an excellent midrange shot.. Miller we KNOW can average 10 ppg off the bench.

Rose can be contained with Chalmers. Chalmers gave him a lot of trouble last time that;s why rose only shot 37%. Chalmers is excellent defensively.

Lebron always owned Deng and owned the bulls. Wade always scores a lot on the bulls. the bulls can't answer for lebron and wade like miami can answer for rose.

Bosh and boozer cancel each other out for scoring.

Noah has no post up game so any of miami's center's can do the job on him.

Miami has the 2nd best FG% in the league.. they're the better offensive team.

And defensively Miami has the #1 FG% against at 42.6.
    Last edited by Heat007; 02-28-2011 at 02:44 PM.

The bulls just don't have the consistent outside shooting needed to win in the playoffs against the heat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    Miami has bench players who can score with miller, haslem, jones, house. Jones can get hot and shoot the 3, the guy just won the 3-pt contest. house is top 6 for 3 pt shooters this year, and haslem has an excellent midrange shot.. Miller we KNOW can average 10 ppg off the bench.

Rose can be contained with Chalmers. Chalmers gave him a lot of trouble last time that;s why rose only shot 37%. Chalmers is excellent defensively.

Lebron always owned Deng and owned the bulls. Wade always scores a lot on the bulls. the bulls can't answer for lebron and wade like miami can answer for rose.

for the first bolded. I dont think so. The ball dominant ways of Lebron can get a shooter out of his rhythm. Look at all the great shooters he has played with on the Cavs who has been taken out of rhythm in the playoffs because Lebron is going to pass it to them with 3 seconds left on the shotclock

for the second bolded- trust me, Rose is not being contained by ANYBODY in the playoffs. I seen him score at will against the Celtics in 09 and against the Cavs in 2010. I wouldnt count on it if I were you.

for the 3rd bolded, I agree. Lebron will have his way with him.

for the 4th bolded- I would bet my money on Boozer to have his way with Bosh in the playoffs. Bosh can also have his way with Boozer in a series if he gets hot, but again.

for the last bolded. Noah doesnt have to score in the post, he scores by offensive rebounds, dish offs by Rose and by running the floor(I doubt the Heat bigs can keep up with him)

Why are the Heat "elite"?
    Because they have 2 amazing players,both are surely top5 in the league.
    They have amazing 3rd option,Bosh would be a 1st option on many teams.
    They are a very good defensive team and record also speaks for itself.

They don't have many success against top teams but they are surely one of the most dangerous teams in the NBA.

Will they win title ? Who knows.
    One injury can change everything (I'm not talking only about them)

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

It's all about the playoffs. Miami will always have the best player on the court with either Wade or Lebron. I don't think they beat Boston but the bottom line is Lebron and Wade both have potential to take over a playoff game by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Because Heat and Elite rhyme.

for the first bolded. I dont think so. The ball dominant ways of Lebron can get a shooter out of his rhythm. Look at all the great shooters he has played with on the Cavs who has been taken out of rhythm in the playoffs because Lebron is going to pass it to them with 3 seconds left on the shotclock)
    Up until 4 games ago, because that's when it was announced and i heard it, the Heat had the best outside shooting percentages in the league.

So I don't see how Lebron is getting them off rhythm.

Local High School Star

Miami has the 2nd best FG% in the league.. they're the better offensive team.

And defensively Miami has the #1 FG% against at 42.6.
    I've already gone over all of this.

Miami blows up their stats against shitty teams. Look at my OP. They are 29-2 against sub .500 teams and their margin of victory is huge. Against "elite" teams they give up 98 PPG, have a truly awful record, and only put up about 93 PPG.

Chalmers can't contain Rose for a series. That's ridiculous talk.

But that isn't even what this is about.

The Heat, by any real metric, just aren't elite. Look at what they do against good teams. They lose. They don't play great D. And their "best in the league" players can't help them. Look at what they do in "close" games. They lose.

They are a giant carboard cutout with "Awesome written on it". It looks OK til you give it a shove and then it just falls over.

And to the poster that said "Dwyane/LeBron can win a game on any given night"... Why aren't any of these "given nights" when they play Boston/Dallas/Chicago/San Antonio. 0-7 vs those teams!!!

Banned

Up until 4 games ago, because that's when it was announced, the Heat had the best outside shooting percentages in the league.

So I don't see how Lebron is getting them off rhythm.
    sounds like the Cavs the last couple of years to me they shot the best 3pt% in the league the last couple years to only to get iced like a Kicker in the playoffs

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

So you're asking why they beat bad teams and struggle against good teams? Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

sounds like the Cavs the last couple of years to me they shot the best 3pt% in the league the last couple years to only to get iced like a Kicker in the playoffs
    yeah, because those shooters are the same players

Banned

yeah, because those shooters are the same players
    Gibson, Parker, Mo Williams>> House, Miller and Jones as shooters disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    I've already gone over all of this.

Miami blows up their stats against shitty teams. Look at my OP. They are 29-2 against sub .500 teams and their margin of victory is huge. Against "elite" teams they give up 98 PPG, have a truly awful record, and only put up about 93 PPG.

Chalmers can't contain Rose for a series. That's ridiculous talk.

But that isn't even what this is about.

The Heat, by any real metric, just aren't elite. Look at what they do against good teams. They lose. They don't play great D. And their "best in the league" players can't help them. Look at what they do in "close" games. They lose.

They are a giant carboard cutout with "Awesome written on it". It looks OK til you give it a shove and then it just falls over.

And to the poster that said "Dwyane/LeBron can win a game on any given night"... Why aren't any of these "given nights" when they play Boston/Dallas/Chicago/San Antonio. 0-7 vs those teams!!!
    yeah, and most of those losses were during the first 17 games when the team was NEW and they were still figuring each other out. Or when one or two of the big 3 were out hurt.

And , congratulations. you beat the Heat the first time with Lebron not playing out with a bad ankle. And you needed a last second shot at home against a Lebron-less Heat.

In the last game... A fully healthy Bulls team at home barely won at the very end of the game in the final 10 seconds despite,

- The Heat only getting 2 points from their bench ( they don't have a good bench but they are better than that, they had 14 pts in last nights contest in the 1st half alone).
    - The Heat have been one of the best outside shooting teams this season and they only hit one 3-point shot all game.
    - The Bulls needed a historically bad shooting performance of 1-18 missing open hooks close to the basket, layups and open midrange shots, for a player that has seen double digits in 52 straight games before that.
    - The Heat were without arguably their 4th and 5th best players with Udonis Haslem - a do-it-all player who does all the little things well who's their leading rebounder and we've seen what a true warrior this guy is in the playoffs, and Mike Miller who are injured but will be expected back shortly.
    - For whatever reason the Heat didn't play 7'3" Zydrunas that night who played in 47 of the last 48 games before that.

All of that won't happen in a 7-game series. When you add all that up and being on the road against a good team it should have been a big blowout, but it wasn't. The game was tied with 16 seconds left to go. The Bulls have no answer for Lebron and Wade who were going through them all night. And they can't expect to make Miami's bench totally irrelevant every night in a 7 gamer with James Jones, Eddie House, Big Z, Miller, Haslem, Arroyo, Damp - and Bosh to have historically bad shooting like he did that night when a good majority of them were open looks with some close to the basket.

Get real kid.
    Last edited by Heat007; 02-28-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So you're asking why they beat bad teams and struggle against good teams? Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
    Literally nobody asked that. Read the thread. Read the title of the thread.

The speculation is: Why are they even considered elite?

Just look at the stats in the first post.

Local High School Star

yeah, and most of those losses were during the first 17 games when the team was NEW and they were still figuring each other out. Or when one or two of the big 3 were out hurt.

And , congratulations. you beat the Heat the first time with Lebron not playing out with a bad ankle.

In the last game... A fully healthy Bulls team at home barely won at the very end of the game in the final 10 seconds despite,

- The Heat only getting 2 points from their bench ( they don't have a good bench but they are better than that, they had 14 pts in last nights contest in the 1st half alone).
    - The Heat have been one of the best outside shooting teams this season and they only hit one 3-point shot all game.
    - The Bulls needed a historically bad shooting performance of 1-18 missing open hooks close to the basket, layups and open midrange shots, for a player that has seen double digits in 52 straight games before that.
    - The Heat were without arguably their 4th and 5th best players with Udonis Haslem - a do-it-all player who does all the little things well who's their leading rebounder and we've seen what a true warrior this guy is in the playoffs, and Mike Miller who are injured but will be expected back shortly.
    - For whatever reason the Heat didn't play 7'3" Zydrunas last night who played in 47 of the last 48 games before last night.. and he played tonight.

All of that won't happen in a 7-game series. When you add all that up and being on the road against a good team it should have been a big blowout, but it wasn't. The game was tied with 16 seconds left to go. The Bulls have no answer for Lebron and Wade who were going through them all night. And they can't expect to make Miami's bench totally irrelevant every night in a 7 gamer with James Jones, Eddie House, Big Z, Miller, Haslem, Arroyo, Damp - and Bosh to have historically bad shooting like he did last night when a good majority of them were open looks with some close to the basket.
    So you're saying the Bulls got lucky and won because the Heat played like shit.

OK.

That's kind of my point. They suck.