Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Good college starter

Default Re: Last 10 seconds - Lebron vs Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    I'm sure you guys have seen the stat of this year's Miami Heat: In the last 10 seconds of the 4th or overtime, with the Heat tied or down 1-3pts (one FG), the Heat are shooting 1-18 this season...

We've seen some numbers and blah blah come out showing how Kobe isn't that clutch, or whatever with clutch being defined in various ways (last 5 minutes, last 2 minutes, each team up or down 5... etc).

I like the 10 second clutch stat (FGM-FGA in the last 10 seconds of the 4th or OT, with the player's team tied or down 1-3) as a different look on things than we've had in the past because:
    A. That means it's basically last second shot time
    B. It's when your team is tied or down one shot.. which is much different and feels different than you getting a FGA with your team up 3. In this definition, if you miss, you lose or go into OT for sure basically.

I took it upon myself to go through ESPN play-by-plays of Lebron and Kobe (for obvious reasons) to see what the stats show under this definition of clutch. Since I started doing this at 4am, I only got a few seasons done, but I'll post anyways and hope to continue my research tomorrow.

So here you have it, Lebron and Kobe's "Last 10sec" Clutch stats for 08-09 (Lebron's first MVP) til present.

Lebron James
    08-09: 1-4 (25%)
    09-10: 1-8 (12.5%)
    10-11: 1-8 (12.5%)
    Total (through last 3 seasons): 3-20 (15%)

Kobe Bryant
    08-09: 2-6 (33.3%)
    09-10: 7-11 (63.6%)
    10-11: 1-3 (33.3%)
    Total (through last 3 seasons): 10-20 (50%)

Funny enough, they have the same exact amount of attempts. Not the same amount of makes though.
    No point in debating this. We already seen what LeBron can do this season. Either shoot a brick, or pass the ball to Wade to close out the game.

Lebron aint clutch, face it ppl!

never mention LeLowIQ in the same breath as Kobe

pleaseeee

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm sure you guys have seen the stat of this year's Miami Heat: In the last 10 seconds of the 4th or overtime, with the Heat tied or down 1-3pts (one FG), the Heat are shooting 1-18 this season...

We've seen some numbers and blah blah come out showing how Kobe isn't that clutch, or whatever with clutch being defined in various ways (last 5 minutes, last 2 minutes, each team up or down 5... etc).

I like the 10 second clutch stat (FGM-FGA in the last 10 seconds of the 4th or OT, with the player's team tied or down 1-3) as a different look on things than we've had in the past because:
    A. That means it's basically last second shot time
    B. It's when your team is tied or down one shot.. which is much different and feels different than you getting a FGA with your team up 3. In this definition, if you miss, you lose or go into OT for sure basically.

I took it upon myself to go through ESPN play-by-plays of Lebron and Kobe (for obvious reasons) to see what the stats show under this definition of clutch. Since I started doing this at 4am, I only got a few seasons done, but I'll post anyways and hope to continue my research tomorrow.

So here you have it, Lebron and Kobe's "Last 10sec" Clutch stats for 08-09 (Lebron's first MVP) til present.

Lebron James
    08-09: 1-4 (25%)
    09-10: 1-8 (12.5%)
    10-11: 1-8 (12.5%)
    Total (through last 3 seasons): 3-20 (15%)

Kobe Bryant
    08-09: 2-6 (33.3%)
    09-10: 7-11 (63.6%)
    10-11: 1-3 (33.3%)
    Total (through last 3 seasons): 10-20 (50%)

Funny enough, they have the same exact amount of attempts. Not the same amount of makes though.

those stats are wrong for kobe 2009-2010..Not sure about the other seasons.. For either kobe or bron..

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    those stats are wrong for kobe 2009-2010..Not sure about the other seasons.. For either kobe or bron..
    Right. Thanks for clearing that up. What are the "real" stats?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Why don't you post the real facts then you butt-hurt cry-baby...

That is the right stats, you just don't like the results because it doesn't favor your previous assertions!

Infact ESPN showed this in the Miami vs. Thunder game at half-time. Lebron had 15% and Wade had like 10%...

Why don't you post the real facts then you butt-hurt cry-baby...

That is the right stats, you just don't like the results because it doesn't favor your previous assertions!

Infact ESPN showed this in the Miami vs. Thunder game at half-time. Lebron had 15% and Wade had like 10%...
    What do you have to say about Dirk in these situations? Just curious as the actual figures have been provided.

Decent college freshman

Kobe wankers wanking?

Nothing new to see here

Still Bron Bron